Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 10: Fighting Furies vs Sin City Swamprats at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

BREAKING

I want to be open and honest: I am not deserving of my hall of fame status, let alone the immortal status I pretend to crave.

For years, I have played in the Sweet FA, hogging the FF position over more deserving opponents. I’ve retired a couple of times and changed clubs a league record 12 times, all signs of a player who is burnt out and not able to consistently perform.

I came into this league and enjoyed it. I was moved to FF by my captain of the time, EBIAC, and got a taste of it. I created a persona that had the arrogance/strut/swagger of a big forward - Warwick Capper sort of style. Escapism, I suppose. A completely different persona to what and who I really am.

Over time, I became sick of it. But the schtick stuck. I was known for it. Remembered for it. The egotistical persona with a hint of antagonism when required was sort of craved by some. But it felt like a performance. It felt like a job. It led to some retirements and some burn outs.

And yet I keep coming back to this place, slowly notching up goals through longevity and position occupying.

The truth is, I don’t even care for 1000 goals. I couldn’t care less about my position in the hall of fame or any future move to immortal. There are far more deserving posters.

I’m done with the egotistical persona. I’m so bloody over it. It’s felt like a trap. Well I’m breaking free. I’m dropping the act from now on.

BREAKING

I want to be open and honest: I am not deserving of my hall of fame status, let alone the immortal status I pretend to crave.

For years, I have played in the Sweet FA, hogging the FF position over more deserving opponents. I’ve retired a couple of times and changed clubs a league record 12 times, all signs of a player who is burnt out and not able to consistently perform.

I came into this league and enjoyed it. I was moved to FF by my captain of the time, EBIAC, and got a taste of it. I created a persona that had the arrogance/strut/swagger of a big forward - Warwick Capper sort of style. Escapism, I suppose. A completely different persona to what and who I really am.

Over time, I became sick of it. But the schtick stuck. I was known for it. Remembered for it. The egotistical persona with a hint of antagonism when required was sort of craved by some. But it felt like a performance. It felt like a job. It led to some retirements and some burn outs.

And yet I keep coming back to this place, slowly notching up goals through longevity and position occupying.

The truth is, I don’t even care for 1000 goals. I couldn’t care less about my position in the hall of fame or any future move to immortal. There are far more deserving posters.

I’m done with the egotistical persona. I’m so bloody over it. It’s felt like a trap. Well I’m breaking free. I’m dropping the act from now on.
APRIL FOOLS Furies swine.

I’m the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

6+ and a win this week.

Why don’t eggs tell jokes?

Because they would crack eachother up

That was eggcellent.

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

BREAKING

APRIL FOOLS Furies swine.

I’m the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

6+ and a win this week.

Phew! For a minute there I thought you had been hacked.🥴

Was reading todays newspaper when it clicked its April Fools! It feels wasted having April Fools on a Saturday.

It's a good excuse to not do work in the morning of a weekday but pretty lame otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing it's April Fools Day, it might be a pertinent time to mention a prank on Adelaide radio a number of years ago. A local station spread the rumour on air (on April 1) that Port and the Crows would be merging into one club. The language uttered by many irate callers to the station can't be repeated here............

Seeing it's April Fools Day, it might be a pertinent time to mention a prank on Adelaide radio a number of years ago. A local station spread the rumour on air (on April 1) that Port and the Crows would be merging into one club. The language uttered by many irate callers to the station can't be repeated here............
Well both clubs pretty much already have the same coach considering Nicks is a Hinkley disciple.

What about the recent talk of a merger between the Furies and Gumbies in the superior league?

Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Boat club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy 25-year-old blonde-haired woman who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs over Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word. His mates at the club are all astonished.

At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, 'Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?'

Bob replies, 'Girlfriend? She's my wife!'

They are knocked over, but continue to ask. 'So, how'd you persuade her to marry you?'

'I lied about my age', Bob replies.

'What, did you tell her you were only 50?'

Bob smiles and says, 'No, I told her I was 90.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back