Game Day Semi Final, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any further opposition supporters coming and posting their Neanderthal takes on Daniher's decision will be summarily dealt with.

Please report such posts and then ignore them.

Up early, on our way to the airport soon, please don't let me down Jetstar.

Bring intensity and desire for the full 4 quarters and we have a good chance of getting the job done, away at the MCG against the defending premiers who recently smashed us on our home deck, on their home ground and rank underdogs.... IMO if we were to win it would be our best win since the 2003 Grand Final.

Llllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssss!

Check you lot on the other side of victory on Sunday.:brisbane::shoutyoldman:

Caught up with someone with a strong link to Melbourne, can’t disclose who but suffice to say he wouldn’t be making stuff up.
They are going in with more than just Petracca not right.

Dead nervous but am happy with the team we are going in with, hope to see relentless pressure and a willingness to take the game on with aggressive ball movement.

Go Lions!

Going tonight. A defeatist attitude but totally calm where as last week I was a wreck.

Felt like last week was our GF and anything from here is a bonus. I just wanted us to win a final.

FREE SWING

I’d be happy with a competitive showing, really intrigued to see how we respond. Expecting a decent early fight then Melbourne by a bit in the end.

Go lions.

Caught up with someone with a strong link to Melbourne, can’t disclose who but suffice to say he wouldn’t be making stuff up.
They are going in with more than just Petracca not right.
We know Fritsch and Spargo are coming in without a full training session under their belt, so they definitely have niggles. Perhaps there's more, but they will be viewing this as do or die as well.

M Malice .. Good luck!! Hope you have better luck than me. They cancelled me 3 times in 24hrs. Should've been home from GC on the friday night at 7.30pm, got home midnight saturday night..

Poor people stranded in Bali and Japan had it a lot worse than me though..

Enjoy the game and cheer our boys home:)

It's Time the class of 2017 delivered.

Charlie Cameron
Cameron Rayner
Zac Bailey
Brandon Starcevich
Jack Payne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we lose we will hopefully still hear positive news about Dunkley over the weekend.

Expect a closer game than the last 2 times we played them but expect the Demons will get up.

Feel like we have gone with a - horses for courses approach.

For the first time it seems we just haven't followed the same team each week approach, minimal changes, play our style not theirs, believe in our process, we simply need to outscore them.

Very excited now - feel like we will be faster and have some tactics around their running/swarming game. We have more of a 'Sydney' feel about us now with a swarming defence. As long as we lower the eyes coming forward and look to go around Stephen May (like other teams played around Mal Michael) we have a very good chance.

Sorry to the boys left out, thanks to Fagan for what seems a change in ways.

Bizarrely I’m more confident of beating Melbourne, who smashed us twice this year; in Melbourne, at a venue we haven’t won at since Darcy Wilmot was about 8 years old; than I was beating Richmond last week. My confidence levels were 2/10 in that game, they are 3/10 tonight.

Bring intensity and desire for the full 4 quarters and we have a good chance of getting the job done, away at the MCG against the defending premiers who recently smashed us on our home deck, on their home ground and rank underdogs.... IMO if we were to win it would be our best win since the 2003 Grand Final.

Llllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssss!

Check you lot on the other side of victory on Sunday.:brisbane::shoutyoldman:
Saw a few jetstar "passengers" annoyed that their flight was cancelled hopefully you were able to change your flight

Off to the Kelvin Club to have lunch with Ricky Ponting and then off to the MCG.

With the late start to our game it is going to be a loooooooooooooong lunch.

I'm channelling the 79 and 81 Roys.

Got a funeral on tomorrow so will miss the Twos. I assume those coming down are staying for Saturday's game. Lots of postings and could we have a game day thread for that game?

I'm hoping Matho gets 40 disposals and gets us across the line in the twos. and all the senior inclusions do similar things in the ones.

Will this game get postponed because of the queen dying
No.

“Well may we say God save the Queen, because nothing will save the Melbourne Football Club”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back