Review Semi Final, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Wilmot about to be the modern day Richard Hadley?

Plenty of Victorians screaming our lungs out for the Lions, thanks very much.
Yes indeed!

I'm a born and bred Queenslander but there is absolutely no need to turn this into a Vic bashing thing.

Our supporter base in Victoria is integral to our viability as the Brisbane Lions and without them we would have crickets barracking for us when we play in Melbourne.

Well done to you all for an amazing turnout tonight:thumbsu:

I have no voice left - there was lots of us there - how good was it walking out of the G with lions supporters still yelling out. Smiles all round

Felt like there were more Lions supporters to me. We were definitely louder. The bay next to mine was full of Dees but they just seemingly couldn't match the Lioooooooooons chant. Tensions boiled over a bit, especially with the Zorko/Petty booing.

Stay in touch. Stay in touch. BOOM.

Second week in a row, played out the script to perfection. Was very confident of a win at 3 quarter time. It's all been said but Berry and Fort had special second halves.

Awesome to be there with my son to see the game; his first final. Was in the members and mostly Melbourne people around us. Only disappointment was the pissed up Melbourne supporting flog (from the Gold coast, incidentally) who did his best to spoil the game, leaving before the final siren. If you're looking in...

Hahahahahahaha. Now, hopefully my contact can get us into the same spot next week. A game for the ages. Hair on the back of the neck stuff.

Stay in touch. Stay in touch...

Best win i've ever been to live. Just incredible.

Selection, the adjustment of style halfway through the first quarter. To a man; players, coaching staff, the support at the ground. Just absolutely epic. That's what this team is capable of.

Up the bloody Lions!!!

What a f***ing win. First 15 minutes, dump kicks, caravanning - it was the round 23 game all over again.

Then we started hacking it forward through the middle, choas balls, running hard - you could feel the belief grow, it clicked ‘they arn’t that good’.

In the crowd you could just feel a wave of momentum come over the ground.

Everything was perfect.

We done fages on a masterful coaching performance over the last 2 weeks, the players and everyone involved.

Could not be more pumped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After that first quarter I thought we were done, we looked awful

Must have been a hell of a spray from Fagan

Suspect it was more along the lines of what Neale said in his interview after the game. Got jumped early but Melbourne didn't put them away. First box Brisbane had to tick was still be in touch at quarter time which they were (only 2 goals down).

I've found that the they're on top and can't play much better but it's still close on the scoreboard works a lot better than telling a team how badly they're going.

God we were so loud at the end of the 3rd.

The boo for Petty at 3:45 left in the 3rd as well was amazing. Bloke was being an absolute pest all night.

305757215_5937088916323136_515415638858886746_n.jpg

WTF was Lever doing at the end there. What a clown.

90 seconds to go, 7 points down. McStay takes at least 25 seconds to start his run up so at best for Melbourne they have a minute to score 2 goals unless McStay kicks it on the full in which case a draw is possible. Much more likely he takes 15 to 20 seconds and chips the ball to a free teammate who also takes another 10 or so seconds off, possibly more depending on where he is and if a shot at goal is realistic.

The point is that the reality is that Melbourne have already almost certainly lost so from a purely result based standpoint, what has he got to lose? A couple of Brisbane's players have proven they can be a bit boisterous at times, so why not try to provoke a reversal. Not condoning his actions, just know that if I were Simon Goodwin Kosi Pickett's burn a teammate in the goal square and miss everything then hitting the post going for a dribble kick from straight in front would frustrate me more.

That being said, I would've loved to see the umpire have some brains and highlight Lever's dissent more by not stopping the clock straight away and letting it run down.

90 seconds to go, 7 points down. McStay takes at least 25 seconds to start his run up so at best for Melbourne they have a minute to score 2 goals unless McStay kicks it on the full in which case a draw is possible. Much more likely he takes 15 to 20 seconds and chips the ball to a free teammate who also takes another 10 or so seconds off, possibly more depending on where he is and if a shot at goal is realistic.

The point is that the reality is that Melbourne have already almost certainly lost so from a purely result based standpoint, what has he got to lose? A couple of Brisbane's players have proven they can be a bit boisterous at times, so why not try to provoke a reversal. Not condoning his actions, just know that if I were Simon Goodwin Kosi Pickett's burn a teammate in the goal square and miss everything then hitting the post going for a dribble kick from straight in front would frustrate me more.

That being said, I would've loved to see the umpire have some brains and highlight Lever's dissent more by not stopping the clock straight away and letting it run down.

Lever 100% blacked out. You could tell his brain just switched off and he wasn't aware of anything that was going on around him.

Funnily enough both he and Dev benefited from swapping positions. Dev was much more impactful on the wing in the second half
I don’t think he did a bad job on Oliver early on either, it wasn’t in the same class as Berry but it wasn’t bad. I don’t see anyway Lions can get back into the team now. If Berry is going to be used in the middle, Dev can go to a wing.

Flew from Perth to watch this and jarrod Berry just played one of the greatest games ever played by a Lion. Unbelievable game.

Lever 100% blacked out. You could tell his brain just switched off and he wasn't aware of anything that was going on around him.
I resemble this comment

Back