Serial Podcast - Hae Min Lee Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

First episode of the podcast Undisclosed: The State Vs Adnan Syed is out. Didn't grab me like serial, quality is well below it and I fell asleep listening to it.

What's the idea behind this one?

What's the idea behind this one?

No affiliation with Serial or Koenig. It's from the group of attorneys behind Syed's defence including Rabia Chaudry. Bring about legal arguments, looking at the facts, and applying laws in their analysis. Unlike the other podcast that was narrative based.

From what I've listened to of the first episode they were very critical of Jay and Stephanie. And also about the evidence of the girl that saw him at the library that afternoon.

Up to episode 11, my opinion constantly drifts, I originally thought he didn't do it, but that's the light he was being portrayed in during the first ep or two. I just find it nuts that either Adnan or Jay is lying, they both stick to their stories so vehemently, but one, or maybe even both isn't telling the truth. That's a weird thought for me, listening to people's actual accounts of a heinous crime and not knowing what is true and what isn't.

I'd be more inclined to believe Jay's story, since although a few interchangeable details have come and gone, it still follows the same course of events, whereas Andon's case for his innocence is literally the opposite of an alibi, just coincidental evidence and hearsay.

One thing I do know is that it was a bad idea to listen to these at at 3am for the past couple nights, this is one of those things I don't tell my girlfriend I'm into reading about, it's like a morbid curiosity that freaks me out just as much as it interests me.

Just finished listening to this. Was really well put together. As for Adnan even though it appears he was put away with pretty shoddy evidence, my gut thinks he did do it.

Finally caught up with Undisclosed today, anyone still listening to it?

While Serial is was very entertaining and the Undisclosed podcast is very rough around the edges and a little bit amateurish, Koening really is a modern day journo with all fluff and not much substance, and in retrospect not fan of Serial at all.

Amassed with the 'research' that went in behind it, they didn't uncover that much nor really make an conclusions other than "I'm not sure and we'll never know" God help the plebs that ever decided to donate a cent to them.

While Undisclosed is biased I think they provide a bit more of the meat and potatoes of the case in a reasonable manner, while its a struggle to listen to at times, def still worth it.

From a case point of view it all really highlights how unbelievably corrupt the Balitmore PD is. [/thanksben]

Finally caught up with Undisclosed today, anyone still listening to it?

While Serial is was very entertaining and the Undisclosed podcast is very rough around the edges and a little bit amateurish, Koening really is a modern day journo with all fluff and not much substance, and in retrospect not fan of Serial at all.

Amassed with the 'research' that went in behind it, they didn't uncover that much nor really make an conclusions other than "I'm not sure and we'll never know" God help the plebs that ever decided to donate a cent to them.

While Undisclosed is biased I think they provide a bit more of the meat and potatoes of the case in a reasonable manner, while its a struggle to listen to at times, def still worth it.

From a case point of view it all really highlights how unbelievably corrupt the Balitmore PD is. [/thanksben]

Who you calling corrupt boy?

I just binged on this in the last day or so, very interesting a couple of things that stood out for me were:

Adnan - How on earth could you not remember what happened on the day? It's such a significant day.

Jenn/Jay/Stephanie - I certainly feel like there has been a lot of collusion going on here - there's more to this imo, would not surprise me if they were all involved in the murder.

Jay 1: He pretty much dobbed himself in for being involved in this murder, quite a strange thing to do. I feel like he thought the cops were closing in, was spooked and this was his only opportunity to try and deflect most of the attention away from him.

Jay2: He knew where the car was, was using Adnan's phone/car on the day, admitted to digging a grave for Hai & proceeded to dump his clothes. His stories also had several inconsistencies and he was known to be a liar (well a bullshitter & I'm sure we've all known people like that) by most of his friends. Surely he should've been investigated further.

Anonymous caller: I'm not sure about this one part of me thinks it could've been a rumour or someone saw something a bit odd on Jan 13 that made them think Adnan was involved in her disappearance and only when the body was discovered that they'd point the finger at him, but why wait so long and why be anonymous?

or could this caller have an ulterior motive and be a deflection from the real killer or a suspect. (Jay?, Ron?)

Asia: I know if I was in her place I wouldn't stop until everyone knew Adnan was with me during that time period, honestly how could she sleep at night allowing a potentially innocent man rot in jail for the last 17 years.

Will now start on Undisclosed.

It thought Serial has been a good listen and very interesting. My opinion is that based on what evidence is out there it would have been hard to convict him so quickly. Reality is that Jay knew where the car was so if he's lying then he was more heavily involved. Adnan has been solid in his denial along. And if he was involved with Jay in the actual murder why wouldn't he just say so instead of letting Jay get off.
Listening to it though I can't say I think Adnan is innocent however I can't beyond reasonable doubt say he did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think most people's thoughts on this are similar, Adnan most likely guilty with Jay far more involved than he disclosed. That being said, no way should he have been convicted based on the evidence that was provided, regardless of probabilities.

Discovery channel are playing a documentary on the case, on discovery+2 now.

Thanks for that Moonwatcher repeated again Today Monday 3 April at 10.30 am on Discovery Channel,
"Adnan Syed: Innocent Or Guilty?"

I was late to the podcast "Serial" binged listened to Serial Season 1, Will look forward to watching the program above, I think guilty but enough reasonable doubt not to convict

Serial Season 2 about Bowe Bergdahl never captured my attention, However Season 3 "S-Town" binged over the weekend great radio IMO.

**** Season 2 was disappointing.

After season 1 was always going to get compared to that podcast unfortunately for me it fell well short.

S town is amazing the bloke he is interviewing is riveting. About half way through at the moment

Only one episode in to stown but will power through it. Can see a twist coming up I bet.

It certainly captured me spent Friday and Saturday listening to all seven episodes, quality podcast…yes John B. McLemore a very interesting bloke

As for the Discovery channel program "Adnan Syed: Innocent Or Guilty?" that I just watched did not bring much more to the table? maybe a couple of points at best.

Season 1 was great. Season 2 not as good but didn't mind it. S Town I wasn't really huge a fan of but wanted to listen the whole way through. He was an interesting man that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back