Stats & History SFA Season 27 Fixture, Ladder and Statistics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a departure from what has happened in previous seasons ?
I don't know, I haven't really paid attention because we almost never make finals. I'm assume now this must have been what has been happening all the time.
But I would have expected finals to be played at neutral venues as is the case in real footy - usually the grounds of those teams not participating in finals that season, and with a marquee neutral venue for the Grand Final if one exists.

I don't know, I haven't really paid attention because we almost never make finals. I'm assume now this must have been what has been happening all the time.
But I would have expected finals to be played at neutral venues as is the case in real footy - usually the grounds of those teams not participating in finals that season, and with a marquee neutral venue for the Grand Final if one exists.

The * you on about mate?

Nah. Home finals has been happening for a million years. We've used the same finals system as the AFL since S18 expansion.
Only the grand final is neutral venue.

Why are the finals getting played at the "home" venue of the competing teams?

We at the Bombers are not fussed.Im more than happy to play away in the comfort of my recliner lounge.

We at the Bombers are not fussed.Im more than happy to play away in the comfort of my recliner lounge.
I am genuinely surprised the Bombers are in the finals. How did that happen ?:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong about it? Even if home or away mattered, it still reflects rewarding teams that finished higher.
What's wrong about it is, it's not how it's done. Double chances (and breaks) are the rewards enjoyed by higher finishing teams, not home ground advantages in finals. Smells of the AFL to me.

What's wrong about it is, it's not how it's done. Double chances (and breaks) are the rewards enjoyed by higher finishing teams, not home ground advantages in finals. Smells of the AFL to me.
Why should the legions of loyal Royals fans need to travel to a backwater like Waverley, or Old Town to watch their team play live in a cut-throat final?

Why should the legions of loyal Royals fans need to travel to a backwater like Waverley, or Old Town to watch their team play live in a cut-throat final?
Old Town has astrocarpet. Your ground sucks. Agreed about Waverley though.

Mobbs needs those more than I do friend.
It's tue WFL , I'm inconsolable right now.
I'd take my ball and go home but this would require hacking a s**t-tonne of peoples computers and deleting their Qootys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back