SFA Tennis - Rio Open [CLAY - 500]

Remove this Banner Ad

No one explained how it works?
r u srs
Complete this

Name:
Court Preference Points:
(You have 100 points to divide between the following)
  • Grass
  • Clay
  • Hard
  • Carpet/Indoor
Why are court preference points important? Well when playing on a particular surface, players will get boosts which can be added to their score. For example if a person with 60 grass points is playing on grass, they get SIX bonus points to add to their scoring somewhere.

Pie4Life has explained the rules here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sfa-tennis-rankings-schedule-rules-thread.1185735/

Complete this

Name:
Court Preference Points:
  • Grass
  • Clay
  • Hard
  • Carpet/Indoor
Why are court preference points important? Well when playing on a particular surface, players will get boosts which can be added to their score. For example if a person with 60 grass points is playing on grass, they get SIX bonus points to add to their scoring somewhere.

Pie4Life has explained the rules here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sfa-tennis-rankings-schedule-rules-thread.1185735/
SM

Name: Smut O'Melton
Court Preference Points:
  • Grass 35
  • Clay 15
  • Hard 30
  • Carpet/Indoor 20

Saw that just after I posted, my notifications didn't seem to pick it up. Soz bro.
Now you just gotta PM Pie 4 Life your 3 sets worth of points.
eg
Set 1:
4-8-1-3-2-5-6-7-9-10-11-12-13

then another 2 sets. I think you'll also have 1 bonus point per set to use as this is a clay tournament.

Now you just gotta PM Pie 4 Life your 3 sets worth of points.
eg
Set 1:
4-8-1-3-2-5-6-7-9-10-11-12-13

then another 2 sets. I think you'll also have 1 bonus point per set to use as this is a clay tournament.

Already PMed. So does having a bonus point mean instead of having, for instance, a 1, I can have two 2s? Could I have a 14?

Already PMed. So does having a bonus point mean instead of having, for instance, a 1, I can have two 2s? Could I have a 14?
You get 1 bonus point per set to allocate however you like. So yeah you can have a 14.

So we doing this s**t or nah?

457530_v2.JPEG

WINNING DROUGHTS BROKEN AND A FEW SURPRISES IN ROUND ONE AT RIO

THE SFA Tennis' greatest winning drought has finally been broken with Belgium's JackNah defeating PhenomenalV1 to move through to the round of 16. The Belgium has been bundled out of each tournament in her first match recently, but turned the tables this time to record a 6-3 6-4 victory. Joining her in the second round was debutant Smut O'Melton with the Irish newbie defeating Pie 4 Life in three close sets, including having to fight for a tiebreaker win in the final set. Karnezis_13 also broke his winning drought, registering a win over newbie Vincent Madaras from Hungary. Karnezis_13 did not have it all his own way, having to overcome Madaras in a tight tiebreaker before cruising to a 7-6 6-1 win. Nakia defeated Cassandra Rinaldi in straight sets, with some interesting tactics from both players - they almost had identical tactics leaving the higher ranked Nakia with the victory. NinjaSwan and Loonerty both benefited from a change in tactics, winning against The Half Back and Headless respectively, while Kiwi Nick Morgan continued his good form to knock off Wacky Tiger 6-3 6-2. Morgan now has his chance to test himself against the best - facing world number one JT. Other matches expected to be interesting to watch are Loonerty against Fizzler, sportsmaniac89 against JackNah and NinjaSwan against Dennis Lopez.

ROUND 1 RESULTS:

Nick Morgan (New Zealand) defeated Wacky Tiger (Great Britain) 6-3 | 6-2
Loonerty (Australia) defeated Headless (Great Britain) 6-4 | 6-0
Nakia (Netherlands) defeated Cassandra Rinaldi (San Marino) 6-4 | 6-2
Smut O’Melton (Ireland) defeated Pie 4 Life (Liechtenstein) 4-6 | 6-4 | 7-6 (6)
Karnezis_13 (Seychelles) defeated Vincent Madaras (Hungary) 7-6 (7) | 6-1
JackNah (Belgium) defeated PhenomenalV1 (Luxembourg) 6-3 | 6-4
NinjaSwan (Monaco) defeated The Half Back (New Zealand) 7-5 | 6-2

ROUND 2:

[1] JT (Mongolia) vs. Nick Morgan (New Zealand)
Loonerty (Australia) vs. [6] Fizzler (Australia)
[8] dog_nah (Australia)
vs. Nakia (Netherlands)
nahnah (Australia) vs. [4] reggie (France)
[3] EJW (Germany)
vs. Smut O’Melton (Ireland)
Karnezis_13 (Seychelles) vs. [7] haydo (Australia)
[5] sportsmaniac89 (Australia)
vs. JackNah (Belgium)
NinjaSwan (Monaco) vs. [2] Dennis Lopez (Mexico)

Well that was sucky debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally!! but now i have to play the no 5 seed.
At least you won. :(

I feel like this competition is weighted in favour of the established players. So it will be tough for us minnows to break through.

457530_v2.JPEG

WINNING DROUGHTS BROKEN AND A FEW SURPRISES IN ROUND ONE AT RIO

THE SFA Tennis' greatest winning drought has finally been broken with Belgium's JackNah defeating PhenomenalV1 to move through to the round of 16. The Belgium has been bundled out of each tournament in her first match recently, but turned the tables this time to record a 6-3 6-4 victory. Joining her in the second round was debutant Smut O'Melton with the Irish newbie defeating Pie 4 Life in three close sets, including having to fight for a tiebreaker win in the final set. Karnezis_13 also broke his winning drought, registering a win over newbie Vincent Madaras from Hungary. Karnezis_13 did not have it all his own way, having to overcome Madaras in a tight tiebreaker before cruising to a 7-6 6-1 win. Nakia defeated Cassandra Rinaldi in straight sets, with some interesting tactics from both players - they almost had identical tactics leaving the higher ranked Nakia with the victory. NinjaSwan and Loonerty both benefited from a change in tactics, winning against The Half Back and Headless respectively, while Kiwi Nick Morgan continued his good form to knock off Wacky Tiger 6-3 6-2. Morgan now has his chance to test himself against the best - facing world number one JT. Other matches expected to be interesting to watch are Loonerty against Fizzler, sportsmaniac89 against JackNah and NinjaSwan against Dennis Lopez.

ROUND 1 RESULTS:

Nick Morgan (New Zealand) defeated Wacky Tiger (Great Britain) 6-3 | 6-2
Loonerty (Australia) defeated Headless (Great Britain) 6-4 | 6-0
Nakia (Netherlands) defeated Cassandra Rinaldi (San Marino) 6-4 | 6-2
Smut O’Melton (Ireland) defeated Pie 4 Life (Liechtenstein) 4-6 | 6-4 | 7-6 (6)
Karnezis_13 (Seychelles) defeated Vincent Madaras (Hungary) 7-6 (7) | 6-1
NinjaSwan (Monaco) defeated The Half Back (New Zealand) 7-5 | 6-2

ROUND 2:

[1] JT (Mongolia) vs. Nick Morgan (New Zealand)
Loonerty (Australia) vs. [6] Fizzler (Australia)
[8] dog_nah (Australia)
vs. Nakia (Netherlands)
nahnah (Australia) vs. [4] reggie (France)
[3] EJW (Germany)
vs. Smut O’Melton (Ireland)
Karnezis_13 (Seychelles) vs. [7] haydo (Australia)
[5] sportsmaniac89 (Australia)
vs. JackNah (Belgium)
NinjaSwan (Monaco) vs. [2] Dennis Lopez (Mexico)

Classic me playing Elton Johns Wig :D

THE SFA Tennis' greatest winning drought has finally been broken with Belgium's JackNah defeating PhenomenalV1
What do you mean "broken"? My losing streak's still going...

I feel like this competition is weighted in favour of the established players. So it will be tough for us minnows to break through.
Yeah pretty much - Even though I have a s**t clay court rating my form points put me about on par.

The greatest hint is those who think the most about tactics generally do well. It’s no surprise the top few players are the ones changing their points each tournament.

It comes down to tactics and some luck depending who you’re paired against. K13 has a benefit on these courts same with hard. But yeah the higher ranks have he slight advantage when points are level, but that’s also realistic that in most cases when games are tight you back the higher player to win (except Stosur).

The greatest hint is those who think the most about tactics generally do well. It’s no surprise the top few players are the ones changing their points each tournament.

It comes down to tactics and some luck depending who you’re paired against. K13 has a benefit on these courts same with hard. But yeah the higher ranks have he slight advantage when points are level, but that’s also realistic that in most cases when games are tight you back the higher player to win (except Stosur).
So did k13 only beat me because of his bonus?

So did k13 only beat me because of his bonus?

It’s not that black and white. Bonuses help, but it’s also tactics. Maybe his bonuses where enough to give him an extra point multiple times. Or perhaps you just fell a few points short here or there. Anyone could technically lose 6-0 6-0 if they are unlucky enough. Just ask The Half Back lol.

It’s not that black and white. Bonuses help, but it’s also tactics. Maybe his bonuses where enough to give him an extra point multiple times. Or perhaps you just fell a few points short here or there. Anyone could technically lose 6-0 6-0 if they are unlucky enough. Just ask The Half Back lol.
Hmmm I'll change it up a bit next time. Do you tag us or do we have to keep our eye on the place?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back