SFA Tennis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The grunt is just lasting way longer than realistic or necessary. She cuts it off when she hits it out or into the net.

Yes! I hate that and Maria does the same.

Let's see if Halep holds serve now!

Edit. Finally Halep wins. I don't think she'll reach the quarters.

Next Round 4 Osaka v Halep

Last edited:
I hate the awkward jab backhand when he gets stuck mid-court, despise it even

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun to watch. Grigor on a different level to his first couple of matches.

Entertaining match. Nick was pretty good but Dimitrov was more solid and moves better.

Nick has potential and will only get better.

Some good matches today

Garcia v Keys
Halep v Osaka
Pliskova v Strycova

I like this US guy - great name lol Tennys Sandgren

Novak elbow a concern?

And yes, Tennys a great name, get on board.

Regarding last nights match. Nick, if he was 2 years older (in the head) wins that. He still plays dumb tennis, picks the wrong option, or goes for too much too soon.
Swap heads last night, put Grigors head on Nick, it's straight sets IMO. That is a credit and compliment to Grigor. The ability to play your game within your parameters eliminates errors. Grigor was running at less than half the errors of Nick last night.

Novak elbow a concern?

And yes, Tennys a great name, get on board.

Regarding last nights match. Nick, if he was 2 years older (in the head) wins that. He still plays dumb tennis, picks the wrong option, or goes for too much too soon.
Swap heads last night, put Grigors head on Nick, it's straight sets IMO. That is a credit and compliment to Grigor. The ability to play your game within your parameters eliminates errors. Grigor was running at less than half the errors of Nick last night.

Novak's elbow seems ok. I think he is beginning to find his old form, always a dangerous opponent. He should beat Chung in 3 or 4 sets.

Dimitrov's game has improved quite a bit since he got a new coach last year. He just needs that self-belief that he can win a Grand Slam

Nick needs a coach, he is making silly mistakes and like you said picks the wrong options. Long term, he can't just rely on a big serve to win matches at Grand Slams level .

Tennys lol Do you play tennis?

Tennys Sandgren (/ˈtɛnɪs ˈsændɡrən/ TEN-iss SAND-grən;[2][3] born July 22, 1991) is an American professional tennis player who broke into the Top 100 of the ATP rankings towards the end of 2017 after competing mainly on the ATP Challenger Tour for many years. Born and raised in Gallatin, Tennessee, he went on to play two years of college tennis at the University of Tennessee before launching his professional career.

Last edited:
Hsieh is amazing to watch. She beat my girl Aga the other day but she’s now forgiven. This is like watching the female Miloslav Mecir and she now has a massive fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back