Solved Shanann Watts - American Murder: The Family Next Door

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
The fact that he was doubling down on some dodgy MLM supplement that made him on edge, losing sleep and losing bulk weight should be looked into.

Not condoning anything this vile monster did but so many supplements are unregulated and if mixed with pre existing known or unknown mental illness could explain a rapid shift in behaviour from "good guy" to "psychopath"

Its interesting how he wrote a note and left it with his parents a couple weeks before the murders saying “If anything happens to me or my kids please investigate my wife”

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
This reminds me of the Chris Coleman case he had a affair with his wife’s best friend from high school then in 2009 he then murdered his wife and two sons aged 9 years old and 11 year’s old

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Been going back over this case again myself a lot lately, if you want a detailed break down on Nichol Kessinger you wont get better than this series by "Unmasked" , Vanessa, the lady who narrates this has a beautiful voice also which makes the 8 part series a painless watch/listen.

The series details information from about a year after the tragic murders up until June 2021 with any new information they come across being added to the series. Some really good and thorough internet sleuthing. Highly recommend it ,even if youre fairly knowledgeable on these murders im sure you'll find some interesting stuff in these, a lot of info in these I wasn't aware about

Will post the first video in the series and you can go from there if you want to continue.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Nothing to do with the above series, but apparently a fair portion of sales from the book "Letters from Christopher" are going to lawyers to fund some sort of appeal. So id recommend not spending a cent on it if you were thinking of getting it. Plenty of vids out there going over the book in entirety. Just watch them instead.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Unmasked discussing "Letters from Chistopher" posting this tho for you GG.exe and LicoriceAllsorts ...1:10 below....paranormal activity at the Watts residence, cops calling in back up and drawing guns they were so convinced someone was in the house, lights turning on with no one there. Apparently neighbours saw a women going into the house but no one leaving.

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Ok now I'm feeling chills reading these last posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Ok now I'm feeling chills reading these last posts

I shed tears when hearing about how he killed Bella, that poor girl, seeing her mum get buried then her sister killed in front of her and dumped in an oil tank before trying to fight her father off so much that he eventually needed fracture her face around her mouth and break her jaw. Watts even said himself that Bella fought with all she had to live. :'(:'(

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I shed tears when hearing about how he killed Bella, that poor girl, seeing her mum get buried then her sister killed in front of her and dumped in an oil tank before trying to fight her father off so much that he eventually needed fracture her face around her mouth and break her jaw. Watts even said himself that Bella fought with all she had to live. :'(:'(

Yeah it's ****ed all round. Hopefully it didn't seem real to her

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
So, ive managed to track down a verified friend of Nichol Kessinger and got a reply, she had been publicly answering questions/defending her on reddit a few years ago, that sub reddit had died tho so just sent her a PM to her reddit username to ask if she wouldn't mind if I asked some as im getting back into it to case so figured I might as well try my luck to see if she's still around. She said ask away, will answer what she can.

Anything anyone would like to know? Any questions? Will report anything I get back directly from her if she feels like answering the questions, so much im dying to ask.

So, ive managed to track down a verified friend of Nichol Kessinger and got a reply, she had been publicly answering questions/defending her on reddit a few years ago, that sub reddit had died tho so just sent her a PM to her reddit username to ask if she wouldn't mind if I asked some as im getting back into it to case so figured I might as well try my luck to see if she's still around. She said ask away, will answer what she can.

Anything anyone would like to know? Any questions? Will report anything I get back directly from her if she feels like answering the questions, so much im dying to ask.

Are they still friends? I had the impression Nichol probably didn't have a lot of old friends.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Are they still friends? I had the impression Nichol probably didn't have a lot of old friends.

dunno, only got that short reply early this morning and I sent my original message about 5 days ago.

Will ask her, but going off some of the old reddit replies that were in a vid on YouTube in 2020 it appears they are still close, at least they were at that time.

I saw that she said Nichol had changed her name, moved, but was recognised in public and harassed , had to move again since, said she's very paranoid, has a lot of trust issues with people, trying to start a new life but its hard.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
I dont really want to go too hard early and scare her off thinking im someone who is on a witch hunt, so will start soft. Just asked her how is Nichol doing in 2022 , has she been able to start getting her life back towards some sort of normal?

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
A11dAtP0w3R I'm sure you've probably seen this, but posting anyway in case others hadn't....this doctor is very good at breaking down famous murders and concisely so, often touching on areas other people don't....

Yeah, watched it a few months ago. Very good.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
After delving into this relentlessly since ive been on holidays ive come up with a theory I havent heard anyone say yet..

The night prior to the murders at 10pm Watts and Kessinger spoke for nearly two hours, neither of them have said what this conversation was about really, NK said she cant remember, Watts said phone sex, thats a ******* long time for some phone sex. Anyway, my theory is, Watts asked Kessinger to run away with him, Kessinger said she wasn't going anywhere, she had her apparent "dream job" as she put it and had only started a few months ago. They had a big argument over it, Watts realised if he wanted her he'd have to stay and that she was no longer going to accept being the side chick, Watts couldn't live the life he wanted with NK with Shanann around, debt was piling up again (they had filed for bankruptcy in 2015 and on the verge of needing to again within 10 years) and a divorce was going to send him further broke than he already was.

That final conversation holds the key to all of this imo. What was said between the two. Something we will sadly probably never know.

Seen so many people suggest NK helped him commit the murders but for many reasons (I could write a GG style thesis on this case now I reckon) that I wont go into now but I dont believe that to be the case at all. But I do believe she manipulated him with well thought out tactics. Placed ideas in a deranged man's head who had been bossed around his whole life and by his wife and finally snapped. NK and Shanann both talked about him "manning up" a lot and him "not having any balls" to do certain things, he hated conflict. Not excusing anything he did at all, hes POS and deserves to rot in hell for eternity, just giving some reasons and thoughts of what went on in his head and Shanann in his 8 year relationship.

Watts sort of reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons when Ned Flanders finally snaps after being nice to everyone since childhood.

Aint heard squat back from Kessinger friend on reddit yet

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Aint heard squat back from Kessinger friend on reddit yet
You might only get one chance to ask questions. I reckon do the UNDRTHERADAR approach....get under he skin, accuse her, get her angry, that she coughs up info out of pride and ego, thinking shes untouchable. Or, at least ask that ONE or TWO (max) questions that in your mind, knowing the case, would pin her for something. No need to play nice and try to get into her confidence, she aint stupid. She manipulates men/minds. She's a master.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Why are you getting back into a case that is solved

Coz there are so many unanswered questions still and theories floating round the internet particularly pertaining to NK's involvement on some level.

Its not every day a guy who is a loving caring husband and never been in trouble before obliterates his entire family for a woman. I enjoy trying to understand things from a psychological level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back