Remove this Banner Ad

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Do us all a favor and retire effective immediately!!
Worst on ground in the VFL shows that you are well past it!!!

EDIT: As I have mentioned further down the thread... I'll admit that I overreacted. This doesn't change the fact he is 'Currently' a hack! I respect Cheesy for the service he has given us but IN MY OPINION, he shouldn't play another senior game for us. Half the people on this board didn't respect Licca when he was turning the pill over every chance he got but come out of the woodwork for this.... Hypocrites!

idk.. corrie will be up there.. although 16.50 on the clock @ obree cant drill a 20/30m odd pass to another hack (fraiser) on the run in the forward 50 would sum it up...
'least we forget barhams hack job 1 minutee earlier.

Alot of good things to come out of the game though... Thomas, blight and rounds were all very good!!!

Umpires have nearly been worse than Obree though!! Some of these 50 metro penalties are amazing!!

He'd no doubt seen the writing on the wall with Blairs' elevation off the rookie list and then now, the 1 remaining emergency, if a late change.

He would be behind a few now.

Blight had 7 kicked on him, dunno if you'd consider that very good just quietly :p

Last drinks for O'Bree though, reckon he probably knows it as well going on today's performance. In fairness I doubt he'd have any idea how to deal with the tag, I can't imagine he would have copped a tag in his time playing football.
But yeah, I think he'll see out the year in the goos and hang 'em up at the end of the year. No need to jump down his throat for being in the twlight of his career though, he is still a decent VFL player, I mean he did still draw the number 1 tag today.

Agree he is Finshed. Looked Crap and Slow in the VFL and if you do that you are Finshed. Rather J Thomas get a game ahead of OBree

He was disappointing, especially when the boys made a few come backs the likes of Obree or Corrie would spoil the momentum with stupid tackles etc.. Really disspointing for Obree because he is better than that, and Corrie just go away you list clogger!

Doesn't really change the fact that he wasn't very good today, but yeah, not an ideal match up by any stretch.

Edwards wouldn't have got a kick today if Nate Brown was fit.

I thought Blight was Good-Not Great

What a stupid post. O'Bree may well be not in our best 22 now, but he has been the previous 10 years, and has provided us a service he has been underrated for. Why get so angry over an average performance in the VFL?

Sure he is past is, I agree, but show some respect surely?

What a stupid post. O'Bree may well be not in our best 22 now, but he has been the previous 10 years, and has provided us a service he has been underrated for. Why get so angry over an average performance in the VFL?

Sure he is past is, I agree, but show some respect surely?

What is wrong saying he is Finished and just Embarrassing himself now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been a warrior, but being beaten today and the daft 50 metres I think shows he's numbered.

Blair looks to be the understudy to Ball now, but there is no value in Obree retiring just now. That said, it's a massive uphill battle.

What would be the advantage of O'Bree retiring now?
None really, expect it would give the likes of Blair, Thomas, Sinclair etc more time in the midfield at VFL level.

He shouldn't retire immediately, he is "handy" as backup if we get a heap of senior midfield injuries, but let's just say if Shane O'Bree is playing seniors, something must have gone terribly wrong.

Has given us good service for the past decade, he deserves some respect for that.

However, he is in the twilight of his career and the end is well and truly nearing.

Faces probably the biggest battle of his career to get back into the senior team with the odds stacked against him.

So we never have to worry about the possibility of him being selected in the senior squad ever again.
But if he was selected it would mean his form warrants it, right?

If he isn't selected in the one's he can work with the kids in the two's until the end of the year.

I don't think too many duds get to play over 200 games of AFL footy and not have something they can pass on

I think it's safe to say O'Bree, Corrie, Cook and maybe Barham are all worthy of giving the flick at the end of the season. But I think it will leave too big a gap in the middle tier of players. I don't mind if Cook stays on for another season.

If O'Bree retires completely now all that means is the number 1 tag goes to Josh Thomas or Luke Rounds today and it'd be them struggling for the whole day and copping this wrath.

The fact NB sent their number 1 tagger to him today should say a lot and needs to be taken into consideration. There is absolutely nothing to gain from him retiring now. Saying he is "just embarrassing himself now" is a tad bit melodramatic.

And we won't have to worry about him being selected in the senior squad if other players in the VFL continue to play better than him. If he plays well enough to get a spot, so be it. I can't see him being selected anytime soon though so I wouldn't fret.

But if he was selected it would mean his form warrants it, right?

If he isn't selected in the one's he can work with the kids in the two's until the end of the year.

I don't think too many duds get to play over 200 games of AFL footy and not have something they can pass on

Exactly, his leadership is obviously highly rated at the club, let him use that to help out the young kids in the VFL. Shouldn't get another senior game imo, but no point in retiring him now.

Put him on the LTI and elevate another kid...
I respect the service he has given but it doesn't change the fact that the game has gone past him!!

What is wrong saying he is Finished and just Embarrassing himself now

whats wrong? well how about the fact that it is not true!
i was actually thinking perhaps the bigfooty boys could pass around the tin to raise a little money to send TradeDraft off to take some english classes.
His dedication cannot be questioned but his skills are to the point that i sometimes have to guess as to what he is trying to say.
I would think of all ppl that you would like a good honest battler like obree, someone who like yourself has dedication in bucketloads but struggles with basic skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back