Roast Shane obree

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's safe to say O'Bree, Corrie, Cook and maybe Barham are all worthy of giving the flick at the end of the season. But I think it will leave too big a gap in the middle tier of players. I don't mind if Cook stays on for another season.

I'd rather keep Barham than Cook.

Barham isn't a great player, but has less deficiencies than Cook i reckon.

Alot of good things to come out of the game though... Thomas, blight and rounds were all very good!!!

Umpires have nearly been worse than Obree though!! Some of these 50 metro penalties are amazing!!

It is fairer to say that the first two showed promising signs given that both players were beaten by their opponents. On the other hand, Rounds did look capable of stepping into Leon's spot next week.

I think it's safe to say O'Bree, Corrie, Cook and maybe Barham are all worthy of giving the flick at the end of the season. But I think it will leave too big a gap in the middle tier of players. I don't mind if Cook stays on for another season.

Cook (and his handlebar moustache) can stay, if only to be permanent host of The Black and White Show :D

So we never have to worry about the possibility of him being selected in the senior squad ever again.

Fair enough.

So they're right about footy clubs and supporters.

Its normal to be chewed up, then spat out when you're not longer the flavour of the month.

I guess 200-odd games of service and hard shyte is worthless nowadays if you're not of any use in the present.

Fair enough.

So they're right about footy clubs and supporters.

Its normal to be chewed up, then spat out when you're not longer the flavour of the month.

I guess 200-odd games of service and hard shyte is worthless nowadays if you're not of any use in the present.

Spot on....
Just look at what happened to poor old Paul Licuria!!
We're not running a charity here mate.... Footy is a cut throat business and if we want to win a flag, we can't keep playing players just because of the service they have given us in the past.....
Fraser and O'Bree have been overtaken by youth which is exactly what we should want!

Spot on....
Just look at what happened to poor old Paul Licuria!!
We're not running a charity here mate.... Footy is a cut throat business and if we want to win a flag, we can't keep playing players just because of the service they have given us in the past.....
Fraser and O'Bree have been overtaken by youth which is exactly what we should want!

He's not, he's in the twos. I don't get your reasoning behind retiring him. It wouldn't do the team any good to have one less able bodied player on the list and O'Bree is hardly the worst of them anyway. I think one bad game in the twos and calling for his retirement is an overreaction.

O'Bree, Corrie, Cook and Fraser should be obvious retirement/delistings at the end of the year.

Also thought Wood might have progressed a bit further on but his disposal is often quite pathetic and I'm wondering what the future holds for him.

He's not, he's in the twos. I don't get your reasoning behind retiring him. It wouldn't do the team any good to have one less able bodied player on the list and O'Bree is hardly the worst of them anyway. I think one bad game in the twos and calling for his retirement is an overreaction.

Perhaps an overreaction at the time but my thought process was to put him on the LTI and upgrade another rookie.
Obviously just my opinion but I believe he has a negative impact on our game when he plays in the ones.

Perhaps an overreaction at the time but my thought process was to put him on the LTI and upgrade another rookie.
Obviously just my opinion but I believe he has a negative impact on our game when he plays in the ones.
But he would have to be injured wouldn't he?

I was being sarcastic.

Who said anything about running a charity and allowing the older players get in the way of the flag. I just get frustrated by insignificently, stupid 'supporters' that don't show these veterans the respect they deserve considering they've spent years, and some cases, a decade, bleeding for this footy club, where they were once revered heros.

Fair enough, Fraser and O'Bree shouldn't play again, and I agree, but if anyone says they should just retire immediately, I think they should find a new club to supporter because its ******* pathetic.

These same supporters will be telling Dane Swan and Alan Didak to retire in 5-6 years time when they're struggling.

Show these players some respect if they've bled for the club.

There's no point in bagging a guy who's been a very loyal servant of the club. He seems to be trying his hardest but father time has caught up with him.

I have no doubt he will retire after the season is completed.

he's not, he's in the twos. I don't get your reasoning behind retiring him. It wouldn't do the team any good to have one less able bodied player on the list and o'bree is hardly the worst of them anyway. I think one bad game in the twos and calling for his retirement is an overreaction.

this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes yes, lets have mid season retirements cause that will just help the side no end.

He is in the seconds, if his form is no good, well bad luck he'll stay in the seconds, it's not like his shithouse form is hurting the seniors at all

But it's hurting my brain :(

Then seriously don't watch

I'd get all this obree flaming if he just put in a spud performance innthe seniors, but in the reserves? Who gives a s**t just means he doesn't get elevated

Do us all a favor and retire effective immediately!!
Worst on ground in the VFL shows that you are well past it!!!

How about you shut up and show some respect.

After all the good things O'Bree has done for Collingwood in his career, it always pisses me off when he has a rare bad game and immediately w***ers get on their high horse and call for his head.

There is a fair bit of disrespect for a guy thats given his heart & soul for the club for years now. Yes it will be his last year & yes he isn't in our best 22 but thats no reason to lay the boot in now. You can't be as good at the end of your career as you were in the middle, yet a lot of you expect that. He is still a useful player.

If we have an injury to Luke Ball, O'Bree will be one of the first considered as his clearance work is still great. If we have a wet day in finals & Ball is unavailable O'Bree is almost a must have.

The biggest issue with O'Bree this week was not his poor form, but his complete lack of discipline.

Giving away dumb frees and 50 metre penalties is almost unforgiveable from a 200 + game player. He is clearly frustrated, but that's no excuse for scragging opponents and getting sucked in to undisciplined acts in the way he did on Saturday.

Unless he gets his attitude right, then he will have played his last game for us.

The biggest issue with O'Bree this week was not his poor form, but his complete lack of discipline.

Giving away dumb frees and 50 metre penalties is almost unforgiveable from a 200 + game player. He is clearly frustrated, but that's no excuse for scragging opponents and getting sucked in to undisciplined acts in the way he did on Saturday.

Unless he gets his attitude right, then he will have played his last game for us.

Thank you mate.... I'm actually wondering if all the people laying the boot into me actually saw the weekends VFL match.
I can only comment on current form and his current form means no more games in the ones please!
I have plenty of respect for him but I'm just saying it how I see it.

Thank you mate.... I'm actually wondering if all the people laying the boot into me actually saw the weekends VFL match.
I can only comment on current form and his current form means no more games in the ones please!
I have plenty of respect for him but I'm just saying it how I see it.

Wicksy, I think it's more about the method than the message.
Your OP was disrespectful in it's wording and a few others have added to the feeling.

I don't get the benefit of seeing the VFL games but have watched most of O'Bree's career.

Respect is due even in the very last minutes of a 200 game players career.

Wicksy, I think it's more about the method than the message.
Your OP was disrespectful in it's wording and a few others have added to the feeling.

I don't get the benefit of seeing the VFL games but have watched most of O'Bree's career.

Respect is due even in the very last minutes of a 200 game players career.

If Fraser ever gets to play his 200th, will you respect his pea hearted efforts over the last 5 years?

I respect Cheesy for his service but there becomes a time where heads must be chopped. I have admitted that my OP was a bit strong but I won't back down on the fact that, in my opinion, he is not deserving of another game for us.

I hope he proves me wrong. :thumbsu:

If Fraser ever gets to play his 200th, will you respect his pea hearted efforts over the last 5 years?

I respect Cheesy for his service but there becomes a time where heads must be chopped. I have admitted that my OP was a bit strong but I won't back down on the fact that, in my opinion, he is not deserving of another game for us.

His head has been chopped, he is playing in the VFL.

You and I have different opinions on some of our older players and i'm not sure how many of their games you have seen.

Fraser has been very much in and out fo form since injuring his knee playing for Victoria in 2008. I'll give you that.
Before that he carried our ruck single handled for many years with a succession of very average players to assist.

I realise you admitted the OP was probably a bit strong and good on you, but if you wondered why some where getting stuck into you then there is the answer.

Like I said...not so much the message but the method.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back