Shin Splints/Achilles Problem

Remove this Banner Ad

by the way massage when they are already inflamed with make them worse, unless its ice massage (freeze a plastic cup full of water then use to massage). when they are feeling ok during the day do heaps of toe taps (literally just leave your heels grounded while sitting and tap toes on the ground) this will build up endurance in tibialis anterior. but seriously ice often!

but seriously ice often!

This is the only thing that really helped mine. Tried all the exercises, physio, etc...but ultimately the only thing that really helped was icing 4-6 times a day for about 2 weeks.

I also found stretching beforehand, for whatever reason, made it worse.

I really hate Shin Splints they suck i got 1 now and i play tomorrow at least its not that bad im planning not to do anything so hopefully it fully goes away by tomorrow I hate resting

orthotics, getting high heeled runners, keeping calfs loose (massaging getting them rolled by a roller, icing shins after activity really makes a difference in the long run. richo im also 100% over mine too which means i can focus getting over my other chronic injuries. even try having a golfball under your foot and rolling that under your feet, i feel it makes a difference in the long run as well and relieves some pain afterwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back