Should we call Bernard for advice?

Who would you rather play week 1 of finals- Richmond or Geelong

• Richmond

• Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldnt agree more.

I understand us fans thinking like this but I hope to hell that similar thoughts arent even comming into consideration by the team/coaching group.
Nagative thinking like this starts creeping in to our mindset and we may as well send them all off to Bali now.

I don't like the idea of playing Port. It removes an advantage that we earned and gives them one they didn't.

I don't like the idea of playing Port. It removes an advantage that we earned and gives them one they didn't.

Exactly, they would get the same advantage as finishing top, and we would lose home ground advantage. A repeat of shite goalkicking or some injuries/suspensions turn that right back into a 50 50 game

AT the beginning of this round all we needed to keep Sydney out of the four was

1. For both Geelong and GWS to win one of their last two games....That's has already happened
2. For Richmond to win its last two games and I believe that is on the cards OR
3. For Port to win its last two games and keeping it higher percentage than Sydney. This might happen but Sydney should have a big percentage result playing Carlton. I am not counting on this

So really for me all we need is for Richmond to win today and next week and with a top four spot on the line I think that will happen.

Our winning or losing will only determine whether we finish top or second. Do we want to win and play the 4th team (more than likely Richmond) or lose and play Geelong or GWS in the qualifying final. I am not sure that we should be thinking like this. We should be trying to win. If we lose (even intentionally) would mean we go into the finals with two consecutive losses. Not a good way to start finals. I don't think that resting players is all that smart either given there will be a week off after next weeks round. I wouldn't play any player that actually needs to rest/recover from an injury.

SO lets take next week like any other week rather than trying to be to clever and manipulate who we play in the first final.

Realistically we shouldn't be overly concerned with this, but I actually want to play the Cats.

If we end up playing Richmond or even Port, I fear complacency may set in. Every Crows and neutral supporter on the planet will think it's an absolute certainty that we'll win, and our record in big games where that is the case is pretty terrible.

If it's Sydney, we have absolutely no matchup for either Kennedy or Franklin. If it's GWS, they have the most talented lineup in the league.

We saw in the last game against Geelong that they had no answer for us when we were at our best at AO. We will be switched on against a bitter rival, they are carrying about 7-8 blokes at the moment who really have no business playing at the highest level, Knight will annoy the s**t out of Selwood (if Selwood plays), and Hartigan will be back to do a job on Taylor.

Sure, Dangerfield will go ballistic, Mitch Duncan will run riot, Sloane will cop heavy attention and Mackie will have a field day across half back, but I think we have what it takes to win reasonably comfortably at AO against this current version of Geelong.

Realistically we shouldn't be overly concerned with this, but I actually want to play the Cats.
If we go in with the attitude that we did when we played them last time, nothing can stop us.

We were brutal. Bashed them around all day long, niggled every opportunity. Everyone on the angry pills. Get it done.

If Richmond are anything like finals worthy they'll beat the Saints
Seriously, Port only just beat them here
My only real issue is i dont want to play Sydney at SCG - so whatever permutation is thinking of popping its head up allowing that can GAGF!
all we have to do is win week one and it can't happen

If Richmond are anything like finals worthy they'll beat the Saints
Seriously, Port only just beat them here
My only real issue is i dont want to play Sydney at SCG - so whatever permutation is thinking of popping its head up allowing that can GAGF!

If Sydney don't make top 4, there is no way we'll play them at the SCG

Only way it could happen is if Sydney finish top 4, win their away QF and get a home prelim. Then we have to be on the opposite side of the draw and lose our home QF, then win our home SF

Unlikely. let's just win our home QF and secure a home PF!

Back