List Mgmt. Should we trade for Pick 1?

Should we trade for Pick 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't follow the juniors because it's a bit pedo
Only if you get caught. You would be amazed how far cameras can zoom these days

I don't follow the juniors because it's a bit pedo but isn't it early days to be putting a line through the talent pool? Was Harley Reid always the undisputed number 1 or did he build a body of work through the season?
In all seriousness he was a clear number 1. He was touted in 2022 as a clear winner and I watched his VFL games because I was dubious around the hype. Kid was easy to see as a star

We just need Hawks and Eagles to win a few more games IMO. Think they both play North so good chance it will happen.

Means when we start winning meaningless games at the end of the year we could still end up 2nd last.

He's a beast and i want him badly

Big player that seems his one wood! Plays within himself...one speed...no zip...no pace...not worth wasting a first rounder on this guy! The game slows when he has the footy!
Surely you can pick up better players than him for a first rounder!
Seems he has reached his level here...

Big player that seems his one wood! Plays within himself...one speed...no zip...no pace...not worth wasting a first rounder on this guy! The game slows when he has the footy!
Surely you can pick up better players than him for a first rounder!
Seems he has reached his level here...
Are you talking about me?

1715568673400.jpeg

I'd go the other way. Make sure we finish bottom and then trade out #1 for two first round picks. Overnight, trade the first pick of the second round for a first rounder the following year. It's pretty obvious we need to spend the next few drafts bringing in top end talent and getting ready for another crack at it in 5 years time.

I thought that is what we were already doing ...

We play Hawthorn twice and North Melbourne once ... and Lynch, Hopper Taranto Ross should be back for at least two of those games ... will be unlikely to end up with a top 3 pick let alone pick 1 if that happens

I thought that is what we were already doing ...

We play Hawthorn twice and North Melbourne once ... and Lynch, Hopper Taranto Ross should be back for at least two of those games ... will be unlikely to end up with a top 3 pick let alone pick 1 if that happens
We won't beat Hawthorn. Even if we get some players back, most of our side has checked out.

I think teams are often better off with P2.

A lot of P1's fail IMO and you wonder if the pressure gets to these new age nancy boys.
Agree

I don't think we need pick 1, pick 2 or 3 will be decent enough to at least pick up a very talented kid. Kids in the 1st round are important, we will still get a good kid but hopefully we have a few 1st rounders to play with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get either of Finn O’Sullivan or Josh Smillie we will be happy, even if norf get band 1 compo for zurhar I highly doubt they will take two midfielders as they are stacked in the midfield and low on key position players, I think they take O’Sullivan or smilie then the best KPP currently Luke trainor

Stupid thread..

acting like the players are gonna choose to lose games to get higher draft picks when a lot of the players are playing for their careers and new contracts
True that, you'd think we would have learnt that though all the s**t in the last 30 odd yrs....

Considering season is almost half over it would be disappointing based on injuries possible adjusting to new game plan etc if we don’t finish bottom 3. I would rather finish low than return to days in which we finish 9.

Oh he’ll be cherry ripe all right. The ones that are melted and fall apart as soon as you touch it. He’ll never be injury free again. I’d trade him.
For what with his recent record and age? Not being smart or anything, but I don’t think any club would bother risk investing in him. Even you’re telling us he’ll never be injury free again.

Stupid thread..

acting like the players are gonna choose to lose games to get higher draft picks when a lot of the players are playing for their careers and new contracts
Did you read the OP? I never even mentioned tanking...

Did you read the OP? I never even mentioned tanking...
The only thing that you could’ve made clearer was your poll should’ve been consistent with your thread title as they are not the same, but could be the same. You definitely didn’t suggest tanking although the thread title can imply that this is a possibility.
The OP is consistent with the poll, but the thread title opens up the possibility of tanking. I wasn’t confused by it bc I’d read your op carefully.

Last edited:
The only thing that you could’ve made clearer was your poll should’ve been consistent with your thread title as they are not the same, but could be the same. You definitely didn’t suggest tanking although the thread title can imply that this is a possibility.
The OP is consistent with the poll, but the thread title opens up the possibility of tanking. I wasn’t confused by it bc I’d read your op carefully.
That's fair. I'll align them.
I never thought "making a play for Pick 1" could be construed as tanking.

Not sure if that's the case this year. There's no Harley Reid or Jason Horne-Francis type that's head and shoulders above the rest. If we have pick 2, I'm not sure how much more it would take but it wouldn't be something ridiculous like the offers that were being made the last couple of years.
That's why I wouldn't bother trading up. Negligible difference this year between the first couple picks, because there is no Harley Reid type.

We need to accumulate, hopefully we can package picks to upgrade a to gain another in the first round, and then with any luck get a top 16 pick for Baker.

If we had something like 2, 9, 16, 20 as our starting point in the draft that goes a massive way to the rebuild.

That's why I wouldn't bother trading up. Negligible difference this year between the first couple picks, because there is no Harley Reid type.

We need to accumulate, hopefully we can package picks to upgrade a to gain another in the first round, and then with any luck get a top 16 pick for Baker.

If we had something like 2, 9, 16, 20 as our starting point in the draft that goes a massive way to the rebuild.
I don’t like getting too many low picks in the one draft as you rarely get a super draft. I prefer to spread them over two years.

they wont even need to we keep losing by a hundred.
What's losing every game by a hundred going to do? They haven't won a game and don't look like winning one anytime soon except maybe against us. But knowing us the time when we want them to beat us we will thrash them lol

Back