"Sick Of It" - New Karl Pilkington sitcom

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Karl Pilkington has written a sitcom - http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017...-from-karl-pilkington-and-romesh-ranganathan/

Pilkington’s new series, Sick of It, is his first scripted comedy and sees the erstwhile Ricky Gervais collaborator take on two roles – himself, and the voice inside his head – as he muddles through the mundane life he may have led if he hadn’t met Gervais and Stephen Merchant and been propelled to fame.

A middle-aged man recently ditched by his long-term girlfriend, “Karl” (below) now lives with his elderly Auntie; his closest companion is the voice in his head, a misanthropic alter ego who takes the form of his doppelgänger. The uncensored true version of Karl says what he really thinks without the risk of offending others.

Pilkington said, “For most people the inner self is there to help make decisions, but mine mainly confuses me and pushes me in the wrong direction. I’d say that doing this series was inner self’s idea. I’ve only just realised that I’m playing myself twice but only being paid once. Like I say, my inner self doesn’t really look out for me.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back