Universal Love Simmo announces Retirement :((

Remove this Banner Ad

Going out on a bit of a high, on an individual level.

Absolutely incredible the career he was able to have for himself and a brilliant servant for the footy club.

An inspiration. Love ya Simmo.

Last edited:

DirtyLeeds

Premium Platinum
May 27, 2018
Soldiers Hill, Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golf handicap 16
Just got the email, what an absolute champion of a bloke, I know at times my heart was in my mouth as he kicked it out, but have not seen a player with the courage Simmo had since Kenny Hunter. In fact those two will always remind me why this is my team. Vale Simmo, gone but definitely not forgotten.

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
This one hurts me more than Kreuz I think. I am so happy I got to witness his whole career and know the player that he was. Leadership, courage, a fantastic left foot and played his role as a wingman and half back/back pocket exquisitely. He was a player I was looking forward to seeing every week and I know he’s going to be missed by all of us. I wanted and was hoping for him to be captain when that decision came around. He endured the tough times this club has gone through and another player to stick with us until the end, will forever bleed navy blue like the rest of us.

Thank you Kade. You’ve been an amazing servant for this club and have done the jumper proud.

Nov 1, 2013
Cabal headquarters
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't dare...
This one hurts me more than Kreuz I think. I am so happy I got to witness his whole career and know the player that he was. Leadership, courage, a fantastic left foot and played his role as a wingman and half back/back pocket exquisitely. He was a player I was looking forward to seeing every week and I know he’s going to be missed by all of us. He endured the tough times this club has gone through and another player to stick with us until the end, will forever bleed navy blue like the rest of us.

Thank you Kade. You’ve been an amazing servant for this club and have done the jumper proud.
Yeah I think I'm sookier over simmo than kreuz. Not a reflection of who I like more, more that I think simmo still had some good footy left in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves

5e3308ebab49fd06bf013dd8

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
e103c0400e314c20eb7ad158b04065bf.gif

Going to post a more articulate tribute to Simmo later, but I am just too numb right now to make any kind of sense.

I love Simmo and how selfless he is and all he stands for, and am not ashamed to admit it..

I know we all expected this announcement, but it just really has got me in the feels right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back