Siren Gate Fiasco #2

Remove this Banner Ad

hahahah he does!
Also sportstalk i love your little 5.30 wrap up on heart 107.3 fm but when announcing the games for next week can you work out if they are 2nd semi's or 1st semi's and stop saying 1st eliminator or final eliminator lol
reminds me of GLADIATOR.... Vulcan would of been a fav of yours wouldnt he Sportstalk?? apart from that top job!!

Just to clarify, I used to watch the English Rugby Super League and they use that terminology.

To clarify for those that may not understand...
Final Eliminatior = Preliminary Final
Elimination Semi = 1st Semi Final
Qualifying Semi = 2nd Semi Final

Used to watch gladiators and actually I didn't mind the lady ones to be honest LOL

Also heard on the radio on the way home at 5:08pm that the premiership has been shared by Sorell and Lauderdale...

I think the crowd did that for me, and as bad as it seems, as a first year umpire I hadn't experienced what to do in this situation. By the time I made it to the goals anyway, the goal had already been kicked and the game ended.

Just to clarify, I used to watch the English Rugby Super League and they use that terminology.

Used to watch gladiators and actually I didn't mind the lady ones to be honest LOL

Also heard on the radio on the way home at 5:08pm that the premiership has been shared by Sorell and Lauderdale...[/quote]

Isn't that what I said on the last page, why yes it was.

I think the crowd did that for me, and as bad as it seems, as a first year umpire I hadn't experienced what to do in this situation. By the time I made it to the goals anyway, the goal had already been kicked and the game ended.

yeah thats fair enough. It wasnt good that the Lauderdale water boy was getting in the ear of the umpires either.

Also heard on the radio on the way home at 5:08pm that the premiership has been shared by Sorell and Lauderdale...[/quote]

Isn't that what I said on the last page, why yes it was.

Well, I didn't read that, I'm blogging and on bigfooty at the same time, trying to catch up on what I've missed....

just watched that on win news, what a *ing joke!!
Sorell clearly won, i dont care if its not over till the umpire signals, common sense must provail.

off topic but is there some sort of rule to prevent clubs from attempting to try and poach other clubs junior players(meaning under 18yo's)? Just that i know of one case inparticular where a Clarence u17 player was consistantly rang all through the summer by a direct oppositions coach in an attempt to get him to switch clubs.

I liked the quote from the STJFL president or whatever he was in todays paper saying how both clubs are happy with a shared result. That is crap Sorell are furious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a absolute joke. How can you award joint premiers that is the biggest load of Cr*p i have ever heard of. The poor kids must be gutted if common sense prevailed they would play the match again next week. Or award the game to whoever was in front when the siren went which was Sorell They have it on DVD FOotage that the siren went before the lauderdale took the mark so thatmeans sorell won. the STJFL have made the worst possible decision its a discrace

What a absolute joke. How can you award joint premiers that is the biggest load of Cr*p i have ever heard of. The poor kids must be gutted if common sense prevailed they would play the match again next week. Or award the game to whoever was in front when the siren went which was Sorell They have it on DVD FOotage that the siren went before the lauderdale took the mark so thatmeans sorell won. the STJFL have made the worst possible decision its a discrace

Exactly right. The STJFL have made the biggest fence sitting decision ever. The worst thing about it was that Lauderdale knew that they had won unfairly and still got up and received there medallions and the cup. The STJFL should of stepped in and put on hold the presentation until they came up with a decision.

just watched that on win news, what a *ing joke!!
Sorell clearly won, i dont care if its not over till the umpire signals, common sense must provail.

off topic but is there some sort of rule to prevent clubs from attempting to try and poach other clubs junior players(meaning under 18yo's)? Just that i know of one case inparticular where a Clarence u17 player was consistantly rang all through the summer by a direct oppositions coach in an attempt to get him to switch clubs.

No as far as im aware inunderage football are technically allowed to ring a player from another club and ask them to play for you however its frowned upon in the STJFL and there is some gentlemans agreemant to say that clubs wont do it....

I was at the game must admit felt sorry for the Sorell boys.

In the end its hard to blame the umpires as they didn't here the siren and yes they where young blokes but I though they did an ok job.

I know we all pay out on umpires all the time but thought it was a good idea to have a few young blokes umpire a final to encourage more young fella's to become an orange maggot.

It's the only under age game I've seen all year but the umpires where of a better standard than most Old Scholar senior games I seen week in week out.

In the end Sorell are the big losers as we all know the best part of winning a GF is the first hour after the game.

Apparentley it wasn't whoever was doing the sirens fault. The siren went on time but the umpires didnt hear it

I had a family member and a couple of mates who were up the Horrie Gorringe end of the ground that said they didn't hear it either ...

In the end its hard to blame the umpires as they didn't here the siren and yes they where young blokes but I though they did an ok job.

I know we all pay out on umpires all the time but thought it was a good idea to have a few young blokes umpire a final to encourage more young fella's to become an orange maggot.

The umpires that officiated in that game "earnt there stripes" ... there was no encouragement stunt.

Yeah in saying that the emergency umpire has said on this board that he heard the siren, he should of got out there quicker and told the field umpires.

Its not at the emergency umpires discretion .. its the officiating field umpires. Emergency has no say.

What I don't understand is that in the article in today's paper it says that the Freo v St Kilda game created a precedent, so they knew excatly what to do! :confused:

Therefore, would that not mean that Sorell should have been awarded the game???

Apparentley it wasn't whoever was doing the sirens fault. The siren went on time but the umpires didnt hear it

You must be joking - of course it was .

It's the timekeepers responsibility to hold the siren in until the umpire acknowledges it. They failed to do so, making it their fault.

One thing that has me stumped is, if the umpires didnt hear the siren then why did they call full time when the siren wasnt blown again after it was initially blown.

One thing that has me stumped is, if the umpires didnt hear the siren then why did they call full time when the siren wasnt blown again after it was initially blown.

didnt everyone run on the ground ??

and obviously Sorell bench, players that heard it and supporters would of protested so it would seem pretty obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back