Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (8) released 21/5

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee)

Long Term (1) :
• R15+ Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (2) :
• R15-16 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-5 weeks (No change)
• R14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 3 weeks (Was 3-4 weeks)

Short Term (3) :
• R12-13 Jack Petruccelle (Ankle) - 1-2 weeks (Was 1-3 weeks)
• R12-13 Harry Barnett (Shin) - 1-2 weeks (No change)
• R12 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 1 week (Was 2-3 weeks)

Test (1) :
Elliot Yeo (Groin) - Test (No change)

Jeremy McGovern, Clay Hall and Matt Flynn have been taken off the injury list after recovering from their respective injuries. Flynn will play his first game in Eagles colours through the WAFL this weekend.

Injury list doesn’t include Tyler Brockman who will be available for the WAFL side but won’t be considered for senior selection until after the bye following a late night car accident in Geraldton

Last edited:

Truthfully even if Waterman wasn't ruled out due to concussion he was surely getting to the point where he would benefit from a break.

He has had a huge step up in responsibility minutes and ground covered this year and he copped an absolute battering yesterday- he took a massive corkie to the glute on his first goal, and got repeatedly knocked about in the last quarter- final 5 minutes he was barely able to run.

Tbh I wouldn't hate it if we gave both him and gov a freshener this week and sent a fairly understrength team to play Collingwood. Our run from then to the bye has 4 games we should be competitive in, it would be nice to go into them fresh rather than kill ourselves in a game which realistically is going to be a very tough ask.

On another note, heck me dead west coast's schedule this year has been rough. We've already played 5 of the current top 8, and after the next fortnight will most likely have played something like 9 out of the first 11 teams.

Like you look at Geelong, who have certainly had some impressive wins, but they've also played North, St Kilda, Adelaide, and Hawthorn.

And the pampered darlings that are Gold Coast have 4 wins in the bank and are on the cusp of the 8, the only issue is they have gotten battered by every top 8 side they played and have only gotten the points against Adelaide, Hawthorn, Richmond, and us(!).

Last edited:
Whilst I'm not happy at all for yeo long waterman or anyone getting injured I am more concerned with us going up the ladder too soon.

Jack Williams is an example of this, without Allen being injured we wouldn't have seen the game he played yesterday.
I'm not happy Allen is injured I'm just saying
Any kids getting games is the silver lining and us staying in the bottom 4 is where we really need to be before the Tassie team come in so we can get a proper rebuild done before then.

We have aging stars that need to be replaced with the best available talent in the coming 3 years and be able to see what they are capable of is crucial.
Without Yeo and maybe Waterman, you wouldn't really have to worry about us winning too many games.
We don't have a lot of depth. Last week without Barrass and Reid exposed that.
We need a full team with TK, Yeo, Reid, TB, Gov and Waterman to win games of football.
Taking out JW and Yeo will have a massive impact.
Winning a few games here and there won't affect our ladder position much, but can have a positive influence on our players and instill some hope and confidence for the future.
Another important thing is even when we lose we need to always be competitive. We can't afford to slip back into suffering massive losses like we did last season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if it is Longs first MCL. I’ve done mine twice, first time I literally fished and casted for rest of the night. Had no idea I done it. Second time I was in agony and figured it was a ACL then was stoked when it wasn’t

When I didn’t know was fine in 4 weeks. When I was in pain etc I was gone for like 4 months. No surgery but I noticed the difference

Have heard illness mentioned, but nothing official as far as I’m aware.

I heard he was expected to play and during the WAFL team warm up Jacob Brennan called his manager and Barnett was at and all you can eat babies restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and one of the babies looked at me.

Have heard illness mentioned, but nothing official as far as I’m aware.
Except he was never named to play

Guess he has a four day bout of diahorreah huh?

Also just noticed Brockman was named to play I was looking at the previous week's list when I was looking for it so clearly he was withdrawn from the WAFL team here also

Also just noticed Brockman was named to play I was looking at the previous week's list when I was looking for it so clearly he was withdrawn from the WAFL team here also

WAFL teams didn't come out until Friday afternoon. Barnett wasn't named. Brockman was. All three AFL emergencies were also named which was unusual, usually they're not named but come in. This time a couple of the top-ups who were emergencies (Barker and Lloyd) came in to replace Sheed (late replacement in the AFL on Saturday) and Brockman (unknown - yet to hear anything from a reliable source)

Keys and I both asked the question about Barnett on Twitter at the time, haven't had an answer.

And who's obsessed with who now?

Generally people are infectious for 48 hours after their last presentation of symptoms with gastro so maybe they’re being conservative. After all wasn’t Maric also Ill?🤷‍♂️

WAFL teams didn't come out until Friday afternoon. Barnett wasn't named. Brockman was. All three AFL emergencies were also named which was unusual, usually they're not named but come in. This time a couple of the top-ups who were emergencies (Barker and Lloyd) came in to replace Sheed (late replacement in the AFL on Saturday) and Brockman (unknown - yet to hear anything from a reliable source)

Keys and I both asked the question about Barnett on Twitter at the time, haven't had an answer.

And who's obsessed with who now?
You said Barnett was likely ill? Pick a lane ffs

You said Barnett was likely ill? Pick a lane ffs

I said I’d heard he was ill but there hadn’t been anything official.

If he was ill on Friday afternoon they could well have decided he wouldn’t have been right to go by Sunday morning.

Not sure what you’re getting at here. Maybe you’re blinded by your obsession?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back