News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to roll this over to the 2024 edition of occasionally insightful, often inciteful but mainly just downright incompetent media coverage

I’m sure the usual culprits will make their customary appearances but to start a new thread on a positive note here’s a link to the sort of writing I’d like to see more of. It’s the Mongrel Punts preview of 2024 which you need a subscription to get the full article but there’s enough offered for free to get a decent taste

Time to roll this over to the 2024 edition of occasionally insightful, often inciteful but mainly just downright incompetent media coverage

I’m sure the usual culprits will make their customary appearances but to start a new thread on a positive note here’s a link to the sort of writing I’d like to see more of. It’s the Mongrel Punts preview of 2024 which you need a subscription to get the full article but there’s enough offered for free to get a decent taste

Must be plenty of Eagles fans who hit that site as I preemptively clicked on Freo's one a couple of days ago and the entire article was free. Unsure if it still is. HB does a pretty good job over there, quite like his takes.

“Spiteful” could certainly be added to thread name when we take into account Cornhole’s vindictive remarks. Rhymes too 🤷‍♂️

Full video of Simpson’s PC

Bit more context to the quotes given on social media that paint a slightly better picture than those quotes indicated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onya Kane. Rip it through them … apparently

Admittedly the tweet was a bit of an own goal but context is important. Something Kane rarely bothers himself with

Context is here

Or he could watch the press conference himself but that’s unlikely. I mean why inform yourself when it’s far easier to go off halfcocked

Honestly so puzzled, really weird comment.

Putting the onus on the players conditioning when they come back and the program?

Is he saying its intentional? A bump meaning they expect injuries because of the front ended load pre Christmas?

Honestly so puzzled, really weird comment.

Putting the onus on the players conditioning when they come back and the program?

Is he saying its intentional? A bump meaning they expect injuries because of the front ended load pre Christmas?

He’s saying that injuries are inevitable, which they are. Have a look around the league and other clubs are getting injuries as well

So that part of the comment is just reflecting on reality

The other part has raised eyebrows as people are taking it as an inference that some players may not have prepared themselves properly over off season. The opposite is what he meant

He’s talking about resilience of the group overall and how he’s hoping for a bump in that resilience from the work done in the offseason stretching back to September/October. Along with a playing group that skews younger meaning they can train them harder rather than managing training loads of older players

It honestly makes more sense if you listen to the press conference.

He’s saying that injuries are inevitable, which they are. Have a look around the league and other clubs are getting injuries as well

So that part of the comment is just reflecting on reality

The other part has raised eyebrows as people are taking it as an inference that some players may not have prepared themselves properly over off season. The opposite is what he meant

He’s talking about resilience of the group overall and how he’s hoping for a bump in that resilience from the work done in the offseason stretching back to September/October. Along with a playing group that skews younger meaning they can train them harder rather than managing training loads of older players

Whoa, slow down egg head. I would prefer to form my overreaction via snippets and other people's opinions than have to figure it out myself with full context.

Right a bump in resilience makes sense.

I confess I tuned out when I read/hear that word, one of Simmo's go to's along with 'synergies'.

Interesting few things:

- simmo having a go at players slacking off during the break. Not something unusual for Ryan.

- about injuries and having to slow down amount of training for older players previously. Club has been criticised for lowering the standards at training.

- even simmo couldn’t contain hype of Reid. Very unusual of him.

Interesting few things:

- simmo having a go at players slacking off during the break. Not something unusual for Ryan.

Quoting these together in the hope that ghostbat12 will actually read Keys' post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back