Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (8) released 21/5

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee)

Long Term (1) :
• R15+ Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (2) :
• R15-16 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-5 weeks (No change)
• R14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 3 weeks (Was 3-4 weeks)

Short Term (3) :
• R12-13 Jack Petruccelle (Ankle) - 1-2 weeks (Was 1-3 weeks)
• R12-13 Harry Barnett (Shin) - 1-2 weeks (No change)
• R12 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 1 week (Was 2-3 weeks)

Test (1) :
Elliot Yeo (Groin) - Test (No change)

Jeremy McGovern, Clay Hall and Matt Flynn have been taken off the injury list after recovering from their respective injuries. Flynn will play his first game in Eagles colours through the WAFL this weekend.

Injury list doesn’t include Tyler Brockman who will be available for the WAFL side but won’t be considered for senior selection until after the bye following a late night car accident in Geraldton

Last edited:

and I think has some metal in there after the knee to the ribs

I read this as 'mental' and thought Keys was using zoomer stream lingo. The end of days.

Last edited:
I got the back end on rhinos segment with triple M and heard petch and sindemoses.

Simpson mentioned it in his press conference- said they were hoping it was minor but maybe a small Cindy moses

So I saw something that lifted my spirits yesterday and that was seeing Noah Long walking around no crutches, no signs of discomfort, a sign that it was hopefully only minor tear. Could not tell if he had a brace.

Fingers crossed for the young buck hope to see this dynamo back on the park this year.

I have been told that Gov is an outside chance to play this week, however will likely miss and return for the Adelaide game. Good news with all considered.

Thats good news- sounds like he is going to be ok. Would prefer he rest up this week but to miss only 1 game in good news. I am of the sentiment 'stuff footy' just be 100% sure that our Mclovin is a'ok 👍 He is one tough cookie!

So I saw something that lifted my spirits yesterday and that was seeing Noah Long walking around no crutches, no signs of discomfort, a sign that it was hopefully only minor tear. Could not tell if he had a brace.

Fingers crossed for the young buck hope to see this dynamo back on the park this year.
Interesting Spange- Simmo said in his presser that the club would be making an announcement on time frames for Longy this week. Maybe it's not going to be as bad as first thought? PCL not ACL and a low grade tear with no surgery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Spange- Simmo said in his presser that the club would be making an announcement on time frames for Longy this week. Maybe it's not going to be as bad as first thought? PCL not ACL and a low grade tear with no surgery?
Simmo has already said he's going to miss a big chunk of footy and maybe even the year.

Will probably find out this week.

With PCLs unfortunately they may delay surgery to later, if natural healing isn’t working out.

For those that can read between the lines we will have a MSD pick if there’s a player we like. Unfortunate but could be worse.

I thought McGovern was apparently passing blood or was that just a bit of scuttlebutt? Hard to believe you'd get those sort of symptoms just from bruising.

Bruised ribs for Gov

That’s a good result

Great result.

I can’t remember a player who has had so many significant repeat rib injuries over a few seasons. I am sure there are some, but it just feels like we are constantly waiting for the week where Gov cops a significant hit to the ribs in an unusual way

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought McGovern was apparently passing blood or was that just a bit of scuttlebutt? Hard to believe you'd get those sort of symptoms just from bruising.

Bruising is by definition a rupturing of capillaries and blood going where it shouldn't.

kidney bruising

I suspect Gov has a week off minimum, even if it is "minor" on the scales of kidney injury.

It was a poster here saying that’s what he’d heard. Don’t think it was mentioned anywhere in the media however

Remove this Banner Ad

Back