Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (7) released 28/5

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee)

Long Term (2) :
• R18-20 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - 6-8 weeks (Was Post Bye)
• R16-17 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-5 weeks (No change)

Short Term (2) :
• R14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 2 weeks (Was 3 weeks)
• R13-14 Luke Edwards (Concussion) - 1-2 weeks (New)

Test (2) :
• R12-13 Jack Petruccelle (Ankle) - Test (Was 1-2 weeks)
Alex Witherden (Calf) - Test (New)

Callum Jamieson and Harry Barnett have been taken off the injury list after recovering from their respective injuries.

Injury list doesn’t include Tyler Brockman who will be available for the WAFL side but won’t be considered for senior selection until after the bye following a late night car accident in Geraldton

Three big potential ins.

But I'd rather we play it ultra safe. If there is anything more than a minimal risk of exacerbating their injuries, rest them another week. Still got plenty of games to go in the season.

Three big potential ins.

But I'd rather we play it ultra safe. If there is anything more than a minimal risk of exacerbating their injuries, rest them another week. Still got plenty of games to go in the season.
Yep, rest Waterman until after the bye, at least...

Three big potential ins.

Agree on playing it safe but if they’re good to play then play them

Waterman had a concussion so should be good if he clears the protocols. The week off should also have helped

Yeo needs to be treated with kid gloves, however Simpson did say on CH7 that Yeo has been pain free since the middle of last week. Hopefully the club assesses the risk appropriately

Gov sounds like he is pain free so a bit like Maric he might have dodged a bullet and be ready to play after initially looking likely to miss several games

As long as we’re not taking any undue risks

The update on Brockman later in the week sounds ominous. Sigh.

Will be nice to get Jake and Yeo back if they’re right to go. Gov I’m a little more concerned about. Internal bleeding is no joke.

My sense is this isn’t out of the blue, and may be part of the reason for his slow start to his time with the club.

Simmo has mentioned a few times “we need to get him right and make sure we get the support and welfare piece right”. That in conjunction with the clubs statement indicating complex personal situation says this might be something that has been building for some time.

He’ll probably have a couple of weeks not playing, and hopefully will be back sometime after that.

Simmo said on Scodown that we may have a spot in MSD open up as Longy might not get back this year.

It's sad that we may not see him again this year.

But - in retrospect - our recruiters have done well with this one. Pick 58 or something like that and has demonstrated he is an AFL level player. This injury was also unfortunate and there is no indication so far he is predisposed to it.

I am looking forward to his development - may turn out to be one of the steals of the 2022 draft. For some perspective, no one drafted after pick 18 (!) in 2022 has played as many games as Noah Long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's sad that we may not see him again this year.

But - in retrospect - our recruiters have done well with this one. Pick 58 or something like that and has demonstrated he is an AFL level player. This injury was also unfortunate and there is no indication so far he is predisposed to it.

I am looking forward to his development - may turn out to be one of the steals of the 2022 draft. For some perspective, no one drafted after pick 18 (!) in 2022 has played as many games as Noah Long.
Let’s not forget also a ripping bloke and clubman. Full preseason with plenty of time in the gym before then and he’s ready to go round 1.

Three big potential ins.

agree - give yeo another week considering his history with groin issues. Rest Gov as well

Snake should play if he is over the head knock though

At training

• Clay Hall jogging laps away from the main group and has a cast/brace on his left wrist/lower forearm
• Chesser working away from the main group
• No Hough
• Gov, Waterman and Yeo all training with main group
• Ditto for Flynn and Trew
• Archer Reid pretty much a non-participant
• Brockman is training
• Allen and Bazzo both working with trainers on the outside oval
• Barnett, Long, Petruccelle all absent
• No Hewett

At training

• Clay Hall jogging laps away from the main group and has a cast/brace on his left wrist/lower forearm
• Chesser working away from the main group
• No Hough
• Gov, Waterman and Yeo all training with main group
• Ditto for Flynn and Trew
• Archer Reid pretty much a non-participant
• Brockman is training
• Allen and Bazzo both working with trainers on the outside oval
• Barnett, Long, Petruccelle all absent
• No Hewett
Still no Hewett :/
Not great with quite a few ? for this week. Hopefully just eazing into the start of the week

Might see Gov, Waterman, Yeo and Petrol in this week, certainly need them if possible.
Wonder what's up with Hall and arm brace?

Adding to what I posted above

• Kelly and Duggan did SFA but more likely on load management as I suspect Chesser was
• Archer Reid came back out but didn’t do much
• Gov and Waterman I expect will be right to play. Yeo will depend on how conservative they want to be. Didn’t show any signs of an issue but nobody got out of 2nd gear for what’s essentially a recovery session
• Flynn looks ready to go. WAFL bye this week but wouldn’t surprise if he gets a run the following week for the Beagles on managed minutes
• Jamieson did some rehab work initially (mostly in bare feet) but did join in with the rest later. Doing ruck work with Flynn and Livingstone as I type this
• Yeo staying out and doing some light skills work with Jones, Burgiel and Baker

My sense is this isn’t out of the blue, and may be part of the reason for his slow start to his time with the club.

Simmo has mentioned a few times “we need to get him right and make sure we get the support and welfare piece right”. That in conjunction with the clubs statement indicating complex personal situation says this might be something that has been building for some time.

He’ll probably have a couple of weeks not playing, and hopefully will be back sometime after that.

Hopefully you're correct here

Personally was pretty on the fence about trading for him at all, didn't see much when he was at the Hawks and he's carried on very similar form for us. Maybe that's just what he is?

Like I said hopefully not

• Kelly and Duggan did SFA but more likely on load management as I suspect Chesser was
• Gov and Waterman I expect will be right to play. Yeo will depend on how conservative they want to be. Didn’t show any signs of an issue but nobody got out of 2nd gear for what’s essentially a recovery session
• Flynn looks ready to go. WAFL bye this week but wouldn’t surprise if he gets a run the following week for the Beagles on managed minutes
• Jamieson did some rehab work initially (mostly in bare feet) but did join in with the rest later. Doing ruck work with Flynn and Livingstone as I type this
• Yeo staying out and doing some light skills work with Jones, Burgiel and Baker
Will be good to have Flynn fit and in the side, although who makes way for him will be very interesting. It would have to be out of Jack Williams, Maric or Darling. Jack Williams would be the obvious out for team balance but not for development purposes.

Didn't Jameison do a bit of barefoot training in the preseason as well?

In wasn't aware you were a ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back