Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (7) released 28/5

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee)

Long Term (2) :
• R18-20 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - 6-8 weeks (Was Post Bye)
• R16-17 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-5 weeks (No change)

Short Term (2) :
• R14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 2 weeks (Was 3 weeks)
• R13-14 Luke Edwards (Concussion) - 1-2 weeks (New)

Test (2) :
• R12-13 Jack Petruccelle (Ankle) - Test (Was 1-2 weeks)
Alex Witherden (Calf) - Test (New)

Callum Jamieson and Harry Barnett have been taken off the injury list after recovering from their respective injuries.

Injury list doesn’t include Tyler Brockman who will be available for the WAFL side but won’t be considered for senior selection until after the bye following a late night car accident in Geraldton

I don't even want Hewett to bother trying to get back this year.

Look to 2025

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Disagree. Any football he can play will be beneficial to his development - even if it is just at WAFL level.

A whole year wiped out at his age should be avoided if possible.

The competition was super weak in 2012. Sydney won it with Sam Reid and Adam Goodes as their key Forwards. I always felt if we'd had more injury luck (we were missing Lecca and Nicoski for the season plus JK for the first half) we were in with a chance.

We won a spoon in 2010 so I don't think we realistically could have won it. 2025 will be like 2012 for us hopefully.

We won a spoon in 2010 so I don't think we realistically could have won it. 2025 will be like 2012 for us hopefully.

We were top 4 going in to the last game against Hawks before being over taken by Collingwood (sounds familiar).

Make that SF at subi instead of McG and we definitely could have won it, and once you’re in a prelim anything can happen.

2012 was just as much of a waste as 2019 was.

The competition was super weak in 2012. Sydney won it with Sam Reid and Adam Goodes as their key Forwards. I always felt if we'd had more injury luck (we were missing Lecca and Nicoski for the season plus JK for the first half) we were in with a chance.
Lecca was a god at that time, I remember at that time being devastated when Lecca did his ACL when doing a simple turn. Being curious, looking at the 2012 season, if we had JK, Lecca and Nicoski fit then we may have won against Brisbane and Collingwood who we lost by 2 and 3 points respectively.

If we had won both of them we would've been third on the ladder on percentage and would've had to face Adelaide at AAMI stadium. If we also beaten Hawthorn at the final round in addition to Brisbane and Collingwood then we would've been first on the ladder and would've had the qualifying final at Pattersons which we would've likely won and we would've had a prelim at home which greatly increases the chances of us winning.

Now would've we won it, I don't know but we would've had a much better chance.

Staying on topic in this thread. If Waterman has no hamstring then yeah bring him back. I would give Yeo an extra week off with his groin history and Gov a rest to allow his body to fully heal.

Last edited:
I'm happy for the ones we did win. And that prelim against the Demons lives rent free in my head. What a feeling that was.

Lived rent free in plenty of demon supporters minds for a few years thereafter.

Simply glorious to watch an opponent side implode before one's eyes (i.e. like the last Derby).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been 12 years but James Polkinghorne still lives in my head rent free unfortunately.

Everything about that goal and the who it was kicked by is just such bull sh i t.

It's been 12 years but James Polkinghorne still lives in my head rent free unfortunately.

Everything about that goal and the who it was kicked by is just such bull sh i t.

Me too man!! I’m still adamant that Darling kicked the goal on the line which was ruled a point before they went coast to coast. Utter trash.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what a great day this was

sun was shining and the beers were flowing

it was the start of one of the greatest weeks of my life. that afternoon the air was special. you could smell spring in the air and melbournes blood being spilt.

the atmosphere at optus that day was mental. everytime they did a telecast back to melbourne the boos and hisses were incredible.

Lived rent free in plenty of demon supporters minds for a few years thereafter.

Simply glorious to watch an opponent side implode before one's eyes (i.e. like the last Derby).
And there was no excuse for their loss in the last derby (with all due respect to McCarthy)
So it was quite glorious and totally satisfying...
(Boy, miss JK!)

Yeah the amount of missed Prelim opportunities frustrates me when I look back at our history.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have had a shitload of missed opportunities.

1993 losing to bombers at home then getting knocked out by them in 2nd week of finals.
1995 losing to Carlton at home.
1996 10 in a row, robbed of final.
1999 we were pretty shit to be fair, we won the Bulldogs final for Mick and were properly cooked imo, but still should have played Carlton at home. Probably would have been destroyed by Essendon Next week.
2007 how do you lose two consecutive finals giving up leads we had?
2012 should have finished top 4, should have put Collingwood away.
2019 Willie, Willie, Willie. I really thought we had cats on toast. They were so rattled in Q3.

We have had a shitload of missed opportunities.

1993 losing to bombers at home then getting knocked out by them in 2nd week of finals.
1995 losing to Carlton at home.
1996 10 in a row, robbed of final.
1999 we were pretty s**t to be fair, we won the Bulldogs final for Mick and were properly cooked imo, but still should have played Carlton at home. Probably would have been destroyed by Essendon Next week.
2007 how do you lose two consecutive finals giving up leads we had?
2012 should have finished top 4, should have put Collingwood away.
2019 Willie, Willie, Willie. I really thought we had cats on toast. They were so rattled in Q3.
That is seriously depressing, though I'd imagine every team has a decent list of missed opportunities in finals tbf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back