FTA-TV Skins

Remove this Banner Ad

cfc4life

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
I have just started watching season 1 and this show is fantastic. all the characters are so relate-able and feel like real people.
Thoughts on the show?

Great show, Generation 1 in seasons 1 and 2 are on my opinion better than gen 2 in seasons 3 and 4 although both are really good.

Yep, love this show.

As stated, Seasons 1 and 2 are far, far better than 3 (and I'm assuming 4). Having said that, the 2nd generation (3/4) are a great show on their own.

Please, no spoilers; I haven't seen season 4, but I did read a massive spoiler while looking for a song, and it gutted me.

Agreed Season 1 and 2 were sensational - a lot funnier I think than 3 and 4 (although I haven't seen all of 4 yet).

Season 4 is a better season than the third though which was a bit of a let down but probably just due to the quality of One and Two.

Effy is a great character - very deep.

Season 1 - Awesome
Season 2 - Good
Season 3 - Great
Season 4 - Stinking pile of s**t

Quite coincidental, as I only started watching Skins a couple of weeks ago and I love it. It's a very different concept to most other teeny-bopper shows, which is awesome, and the characters are likable.

I'm only up to episode 4 in the first season, but it seems to be getting better each episode.

BTW Chris' teacher Angie is veeery bangable. I don't know what it is, maybe her eyes, but she does something for me. It's only a matter of time before Chris puts one through her. :thumbsu: :D

IMO the best characters out of all the seasons are Cook (especially season 4), Chris, Sid, Tony (Season 1) and Sids dad.

She is a spitting image of Katy Perry. oh and your right about her and Chris ;)

^Yes! I actually wikipedia-ed straight after I watched Skins for the first time just to double check if that was Katy Perry or not.

Skins season 1 and 2 are absolutely brilliant. Season 2 gets a bit dramatic but the characters are still great. They picked a really good bunch. Syd is incredibly likeable and very adorable.

Season 3 - was good. New characters - not as many likeable characters.
Season 4 - absolute shite.

Season 3 is better than Season 2. They followed the same pattern both times.

Season 1, light hearted bit of comedy.
Season 2, Drama and very very s**t.

I like the 2nd gen more than the first.

Season 4 is better than season 3. I actually watched all of season 4 on youtube and the quality was very good. Type in Skins season 4 and youll find it im sure.

Got right into it while I've been staying awake for the World Cup games - and it's shown on Fox8 at some ungodly hour of the morning. I love it, absolutely fantastic show IMO. :thumbsu:

Season 3 is on at the moment - Cook is my idol. Legend! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the 2nd gen more than the first.

Season 4 is better than season 3. I actually watched all of season 4 on youtube and the quality was very good. Type in Skins season 4 and youll find it im sure.

Serious question, but are you under 18? I've found that the people who like 2nd gen more are under 18 which is interesting. I don't know why this is the case!

Serious question, but are you under 18? I've found that the people who like 2nd gen more are under 18 which is interesting. I don't know why this is the case!
Yep I've found this, too.

I'm 22 and I without a doubt prefer the 1st generation; there is no comparison.

A lot of younger girls I know told me to watch season 3 after I refused to for so long, telling me how good it was, with most even saying it was better.

I liked it, and particularly liked the characters of Freddie and Emily, but it was far closer to a generic teeny bopper drama show then seasons 1/2, which were cutting edge and anything but generic.

Season 3 is on at the moment - Cook is my idol. Legend! :D

Having watched even more - his hero status has only grown on me. Legendary character! :thumbsu:

I now find myself talking in a stupid pommy accent and swearing a shitload more, but **** it. All good. This show is just insanely awesome! :D

I liked Cook at the start but as the series went on I grew to hate him. He just reminds me of all these juvie hipster f*cks who think they're the s**t and idolise Cook.

2nd Gen are just so much worse :\ The characters are hardly likeable except for Naomi and Emily, although in season 4 you might as well not like anybody.

I liked Cook at the start but as the series went on I grew to hate him. He just reminds me of all these juvie hipster f*cks who think they're the s**t and idolise Cook.

2nd Gen are just so much worse :\ The characters are hardly likeable except for Naomi and Emily, although in season 4 you might as well not like anybody.
The bolded part is so true. By the end of Season 4 i gave up on liking anyone and my favourite was Emily.

I've only seen season 3, some episodes were fantastic, some shithouse. Emily is the cutest thing i have ever seen i reckon.

Cook is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen. Acts like a tosser, laughs non stop, and even when he is doing nothing his mouth is gaping open. I was a bit put off by the second generation anyway but Cook sealed that deal.

The first series will always be the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back