Draft Watcher Slice of Pie: Draft Board and Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schulz, eth has probably covered it, I haven't seen him live so don't want to comment too much on him.

Bewley is a player I've seen a few times and like the look of. I got a good insight into his thinking working alongside former Williamstown assistant coach, Robbie Campbell. He said Bewley always had the tools, he just needed to put them all together and believe he could be an AFL footballer which he has done this season. Bewley's penetrating boot is as good as anyone playing currently, and will immediately step up to the level no issues.

Watson is one that has some great traits, and he has now spent a season in the League side. He tends to play taller than he is, but he is more that medium defender with smarts that can use the ball well. It's like he has passed the test of WAFL, and now it is time to step up. A good size for a player who could develop in other positions as well outside the defence.

Of those three I'm most excited to see how Bewley slots in because he could be a bargain.
Thanks for that info.

We definitely need to build depth, and especially in the midfield. My hope with Bewley is that he is a bit of a surgical recruit in terms of our best 22, being brought in for a very specific need. Having traded in Hogan and Lobb, and with a pretty decent bunch of players suited for 3rd tall, some quality long kicks into the forward 50 can make that forward line come together rapidly. That also can play well with the 6-6-6 rule.

If he does play more in defence then I am expecting to see sHill kicking into the forward line. Between the two of them we have the makings of a strategy anyway.

Was wondering how you consider Carlton’s move on Stocker in consideration of next year’s draft pool?
This year’s top-end is certainly stronger. It’s unfair to compare this far out and could change by draft night but Stocker should have been around say 10-12 next year potentially. Though this time last year not many would have thought he’d be a first rounder.

This year’s top-end is certainly stronger. It’s unfair to compare this far out and could change by draft night but Stocker should have been around say 10-12 next year potentially. Though this time last year not many would have thought he’d be a first rounder.

Cheers for that.

I understand a lot can change. Not many would’ve had Ian Hill at a mid-20’s Pick 12 months ago.

Pie 4 Life who would be the top prospects going into next year

To be honest haven't really nutted down onto it, but 25 names I've thrown together (alphabetical order) looks something like this:

Noah Anderson
Lachlan Ash
Trent Bianco
Darcy Cassar
Liam Delahunty
Sam Flanders
Will Gould
Tom Green
Luke Jackson
Brodie Kemp
Jackson Mead
Mitch O'Neill
Fraser Phillips
Kysaiah Pickett
Deven Robertson
Matt Rowell
Caleb Serong
Jeremy Sharp
Daniel Sladojevic
Cooper Stephens
Dylan Stephens
Cameron Taheny
Dylan Williams
Josh Worrell
Hayden Young

We’ve obviously uncovered he’s 1/36th aboriginal :D

This was always going happen, clubs will dig right into this stuff.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes in the Tassie TAC Cup side as well as the North VFL side at some point.

Pie 4 Life
What exactly does "in the pipeline" mean in regards to Mitch O'Neill to the Roos as a NGA?

Bit delayed, but as Pykie said, every club is doing its due diligence on top-end players that fall in the academy region. Hell, they do it on players they can get cheap for late - any freebie option is good, gives them a chance to scope out possible academy pick-ups for peanuts down the track.

I'll aim to start a new thread over the next few weeks, just been enjoying a bit of a break from this stuff given it's full on for probably nine months of the year. Got quite a few exciting things in the pipelines so will post a new thread once that's all confirmed/have something to report.

Bit delayed, but as Pykie said, every club is doing its due diligence on top-end players that fall in the academy region. Hell, they do it on players they can get cheap for late - any freebie option is good, gives them a chance to scope out possible academy pick-ups for peanuts down the track.

I'll aim to start a new thread over the next few weeks, just been enjoying a bit of a break from this stuff given it's full on for probably nine months of the year. Got quite a few exciting things in the pipelines so will post a new thread once that's all confirmed/have something to report.

Regarding O'Neill, we tweeted the journo, surprise surprise she didn't know the rules regarding NGA etc.

Was rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its a great decision to boost organic growth from our current generation in the game. Just look at how successful the College Basketball system is in the US where everyone is keen to hear who the next big thing is.

A good sign of things to come if they execute it right.

I think its a great decision to boost organic growth from our current generation in the game. Just look at how successful the College Basketball system is in the US where everyone is keen to hear who the next big thing is.

A good sign of things to come if they execute it right.
Something not many people bring up is the family thing, most parents and relatives are proud of their kids and want to share what they have done or when they play so an app would also really help in that regard.

Lets hope that the reformed digital platform expands to the websites as well. The sites that AFL clubs use is so aged and clunky. They could really boost more interest if they invested in a good web developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back