Society and Culture BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahahahaha! "Albo didn't attend the funeral of a child molester, he must be voted out for this!"

Genuinely amazing how out of touch these people can be. I don't understand how they can share the same country as me and yet think anybody is going to be on board with that.

Ahahahaha! "Albo didn't attend the funeral of a child molester, he must be voted out for this!"

Genuinely amazing how out of touch these people can be. I don't understand how they can share the same country as me and yet think anybody is going to be on board with that.

Someone else who didn't attend Pell's funeral despite it being held just a short walk from his office is NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet, despite being a practicing Catholic.

With an election coming up he knows he knows the public sentiment about Pell.

Was Pell a child molester? To my knowledge he was more guilty of cover ups.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
A jury found him guilty of sexually assaulting children

High court judges overturned it on appeal

His first appeal had failed

Third times a charm though for the rich and powerful

Was Pell a child molester? To my knowledge he was more guilty of cover ups.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

even if he wasn't (he almost certainly was), his cover ups from a position of power are almost as bad.

his reputation in some of his early local parishes in regional vic is not good, to say the least.

Pell was at best a protector of paedophiles. And quite possibly a paedophile himself.

The 2017 Royal Commission Report into Child Sexual Abuse was in no doubt of Pell's complicity in systemic child abuse within the Catholic Church.

The report found he both knew about child abuse, particularly within the Victorian diocese of Ballarat, and failed to take proper steps to act on complaints about dangerous priests, most notably Catholic pedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale

"The lives of dozens of children and their families, likely to be more than a hundred, were devastated by [Ridsdale's] conduct," the commission found.

The average age of Ridsdale's victims was 10 for girls and 11 for boys.

d965d8531535d07c8f322a906baee2b46fd24eff

screenshot-2023-01-11-at-10-03-33-pm-png.1585022

A jury found him guilty of sexually assaulting children

Yep in December 2018 a jury reached an unanimous decision finding Cardinal George Pell 'guilty on all charges' for sexually abusing teenage choirboys while Archbishop of Melbourne.

High court judges overturned it on appeal
Also true.

In April 2020 Pell's FIVE convictions were unanimously overturned by the High Court after it found that no jury, acting rationally, could not have entertained a reasonable doubt the crimes were committed. That decision overturned a judgment of the Victorian Court of Appeal which had upheld the jury's guilty verdict.

He walked out of prison a free man that day.

Third times a charm though for the rich and powerful

Yep. There were a number of documented historic child abuse charges levelled at the Cardinal across 4 decades that NEVER made it to a court room, and they were explicitly excluded as 'tendency' evidence in the 2018 trial.

None of the allegations from the ’60s, ’70s through to the ’90s levelled at Pell were allowed as evidence; none of it was before the jury, all the allegations against Pell were held to be inadmissible as tendency evidence in the trial.

As trial lawyers have noted The decision to exclude this evidence from the jury’s consideration, Hamer says, ultimately reduced the choirboy case to a “battle of credibility” between the complainant and Pell. As noted by the High Court in its decision to overturn the convictions this made a finding of guilt 'beyond reasonable doubt' nigh impossible.

But it was an uneven battle from the outset, because it meant the complainant had to persuade the jury that he was so credible, so reliable, that it wasn’t even reasonably possible that the [abuse] didn’t occur.

In these circumstances, it’s very difficult to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt when all you’ve got is simply the uncorroborated evidence of a single complainant.

Contrary to the claims of Pell’s supporters the High Court’s acquittal never delivered a sharp rebuke to the notion the man was a paedophile. In reality, the court found Pell innocent of nothing.

As the many victims of church sponsored child abuse have said on hearing of his death, his journey to Hell cannot be quick enough.

Abbott getting up there saying Pell is the greatest Australian Catholic who ever lived is a huge insult to the great majority of Catholic Australians who are good and decent people and who despise Pell and the other kiddy fiddling priests as much as anyone.

Not forgetting the victims of the paedo priests Pell protected were catholics too.

Every day Dutton and what's left of the Tony Abbott and Morrisons Libs take yet another step away from being on the right side of history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus wasn’t Catholic. He was the world’s worst Jew.
Jesus was a practicing Catholic I can confirm. He went to mass and ate the body of Christ at communion. In fact he ate so much that its how he became Jesus in the first place.

Which I believe is also the origin of the phrase "you are what you eat"

What a bunch of f*ckwits to fall for this ponzi:
A senior partner at consulting giant Deloitte ran a suspected multimillion-dollar fraud while working at the firm, ensnaring AFL legend Rodney Eade, dozens of executives and many of the prestigious company’s own partners.
Endow promised investors returns of up to 40 per cent in six months for lending him money to purchase what he claimed were Indian government-issued bonds.
The bonds were said to be linked to a large, ongoing government infrastructure program that is working to improve India’s rural road network. Endow said he was servicing the project as a contractor, according to documents he provided investors.
Missing millions: Deloitte partner allegedly duped colleagues out of $60m

Remove this Banner Ad

Back