Song Contest Part VII, Host: Sepp Blatter, Theme: Ashes, Noms Due: Sunday 7:00pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps what's dad rock? I mean any rock is usually good rock, but what exactly?

Sent from mTalk

Dad rock is a relative term... For most people its just rock their parents listened to, for Smeg Head its any music released before 2010.

Whats that got to do with Dad rock? :p

You're calling it dad rock because you don't know any better, in other words. s**t taste :p.

Besides most of it isn't rock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep him away from the contest then. We don't need close-minded listeners who will dismiss anything due to the year of its release.

odear.

Bf going full naaanaaa.

I like music from today.

Massive ninties collection,loved the ninties.

Going to Gizzfest December.

I like The Drones.

Mild High Club.

I love it all!

odear.

Bf going full naaanaaa.

I like music from today.

Massive ninties collection,loved the ninties.

Going to Gizzfest December.

I like The Drones.

Mild High Club.

I love it all!

My apologies, I must be thinking of someone else..but there was someone who pretty much thinks anything from the gen y era is s**t, music movies or otherwise :oops:

Slayer are flog rock in the same way that ICP are campaigner rock.
Flog rock?!?

They were only one of the greatest metal bands of all time. Extreme Metal / thrash metal pioneers who stayed the course and never sold out for any success that came their way. One of the few metal bands from the 80s that the punk crowd liked.

There's a lot of moron Slayer fans, but credit where credit is due: not many bands/artists kickstart & perfect a whole new genre of music. Metallica might've been the most popular underground metal band in the 80s and crossed over into the mainstream, but Slayer were the kings of the heap amongst the true metalheads. They were the best.

I get that metal isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the kiddies who s**t on Slayer don't really know what they're talking about - like Kanye fans who s**t on Public Enemy, NWA, Run DMC and Grandmaster Flash.

Insane Clown Posse are f**king terrible. They have zero redeeming features. I never met anyone who liked them.

Last edited:
Does Brixton Academy always look like it does in the Thunderstruck film clip?

I had no idea that film clip was filmed at the Brixton Academy, I saw Tool there in 2001 and it looked nothing like it does in that clip, it was basically just one big standing room area that sloped down to the stage with a bar area at the back.

They must have set up scaffolding to get that wall of balconies that circle the stage, it looks cool but it would have cut off most of the standing room area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back