Song Contest Part XIV, Host: Ulahoopski, Theme: Songs Starting With a Vowel, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the theme was an artist you don't like. But I will change it if people want.

New Wave redux?

If you read the YouTube comments (which I'm guessing you didn't), in an interview Gaga explained that she saw how it had affected her dad, even after such a long time. Intergenerational trauma. It's happened in my own family, after my grandmother died (I was 2). But I saw how it splintered the relationship between my grandpa and my Aunt.
How does she explain the corny ass lyrics if it was such a traumatic event? Minimal effort to get dad's thanks me thinks.

If you read the YouTube comments (which I'm guessing you didn't), in an interview Gaga explained that she saw how it had affected her dad, even after such a long time. Intergenerational trauma. It's happened in my own family, after my grandmother died (I was 2). But I saw how it splintered the relationship between my grandpa and my Aunt.
Took the words right out my mouth after our chat the other day :(
/hugs
As you know, I can relate in a different way too. I never met my uncle or grandfather but my mum lost them both when she was young in tragic circumstances (separate hit and run car v. pedestrian accidents) so I have no doubt that it has strongly contributed to her highly strung personality and in turn, my upbringing
I know you know the above and more porps, and also the below, but for anyone reading who doesn't, this is what GaGa said.
She died when she was 19 [and] it stayed with our family through my sister and I being born. That sense of pending loss, or losing someone or something that, in your life is so close, it's like an earthquake. It shakes the entire family, and it shakes the future family as well.

Have we had songs with a sax round yet?

How does she explain the corny ass lyrics if it was such a traumatic event? Minimal effort to get dad's thanks me thinks.
I didn't really see them as corny at all. It was almost like she was singing on behalf of her father. Someone else in the comments said on a documentary she was singing the song and her dad was crying in the background :(

Ok. The theme is "Songs with Sax Appeal". Must feature a saxophone.

I'm out tomorrow night so noms due Tues morning at 8 Queensland time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Brand New - Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't _ NinjaSwan
4. Bobby Rush - I Wanna Do The Do _ William Wonka
3. Icehouse - Don't Believe Anymore _ por_please_ya
2. Elvis Costello and The Attractions - (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea _ roo2macca
1. Royal Blood - Don't Tell _ Loonerty

Billy: Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel _ The Jesus

Previous noms ok but no podiums so don't everybody rush to nom Baker St.
No restrictions on artist double ups?
Songs?

No previous podiums. Artist double ups ok.

5 - "Don't Let Me Down" - The Beatles
4 - "Why Don't You And I" - Carlos Santana ft. Chad Kroeger (sometimes I enjoy a little cheese with my steak)
3 - "Don't Get Me Wrong" - The Pretenders
2 - "Don't Believe Anymore" - Icehouse
1 - "Don't Tell" - Royal Blood

BM - "Donts" - David Shrigley - Was waiting for him to say "Don't forget to wear sunscreen" :thumbsdown:

5 - "Don't Let Me Down" - The Beatles
4 - "Why Don't You And I" - Carlos Santana ft. Chad Kroeger (sometimes I enjoy a little cheese with my steak)
3 - "Don't Get Me Wrong" - The Pretenders
2 - "Don't Believe Anymore" - Icehouse
1 - "Don't Tell" - Royal Blood

BM - "Donts" - David Shrigley - Was waiting for him to say "Don't forget to wear sunscreen" :thumbsdown:
We rarely vote for each other but did this round :) . And cheese is awesome.

5 Elton John - Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me raskolnikov 1st Congrats, #theme ?

4 Lady Gaga- Joanne (Where Do You Think You’re Goin) GreyCrow 19th harsh billy. I found it very moving

3 Madeleine Peyroux - Don’t Wait Too Long Ulahoopski 3rd

2 Mystery - How Do You Feel Raveneyes 12th

1 Empress Of - How Do You Do It JoshWoodenSpoon 4th

BM The Wombats - Lemon To A Knife Fight SarahSmiles 21st

I know I risked some billies/the billy by nomming the original Chad version, but I just don't like the Alex Band version as much :(
And I agree with you The Jesus - they're a match made in heaven indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back