Song Contest Part XIV, Host: Ulahoopski, Theme: Songs Starting With a Vowel, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think YouTube views are a particularly good indicator, like for example pretty much any somewhat known hip-hop artist will have a huge number of views because it's popular with young people worldwide, but it generally won't fare that well here.

It falls just short of being a whore for me. A whore is like Rocket Man in the last playlist. Or any Radiohead song.

What's a whore? And well known song and alot of people like?

Highly disrespectful term to all the sluzzas out there I suppose.
I've also considered the ethics of using it as a descriptor. Chastity Belt wrote a good song about the use of "****" as an insult. I think it's okay because it's the combination of "vote" and "whore" which makes it an insult.

Similar to "attention whore". That being said, I'm in a relationship, so at the current stage I can't speak for those who identify as whores. If anyone here identifies as a whore and doesn't like its use here, I'm open to coining new phrase. I was already going to take such measures upon the creation of my formula to better encompass the intention of the phrase.

I don't think YouTube views are a particularly good indicator, like for example pretty much any somewhat known hip-hop artist will have a huge number of views because it's popular with young people worldwide, but it generally won't fare that well here.
I agree with this which is where the need for a formula to dictate these things becomes necessary.

I have always had a love hate relationship with that song. His voice is incredible, they keyboard and and guitar is great.

But that bridge.... AHHHHH

I wish they felt inclined to leave it out
It does detract from the track a bit. A virtually perfect pop song without it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm facing an ETHICAL DILEMMA, ladies and gentlemen. I do enjoy Itchycoo Park. It's one of my favourites of that early psychedelic rock, and the album it belongs to is probably one of the best psychedelic rock albums of the period full stop.

But I am unsure as to whether or not it is a whore. I was of the belief that it is pretty widely known, but the stream counts suggest otherwise. This information could decide how many votes it receives from me and it is driving me mad. These are truly concerning times.
Hmmm. I think it's a great song (although nowhere near their best) and that's all I go by. Is it a whore? Possibly, but that's okay sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back