Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how irritated Marklar gets as host. It's the only time I ever see him posting on Big Footy (or communicating with the world, full stop.)
Every post, he is just seething, calling people campaigners and setting the ground rules, so he doesn't get bothered.

I picture him at home on a Sunday night, reading a bed time story to his daughter and then saying "Just f**king go to sleep, would ya? I've gotta get these f**king results out to these other campaigners"

Not sure if you ever watched How I Met Your Mother, but there’s a show explaining the chain of screaming. In this case, my daughter screams at me so therefore I transfer that onto you pieces of s**t!

She was literally laying on the floor last night throwing a tantrum. When I asked her why, she said because I want to scream at you 🤣

Not sure if you ever watched How I Met Your Mother, but there’s a show explaining the chain of screaming. In this case, my daughter screams at me so therefore I transfer that onto you pieces of s**t!

She was literally laying on the floor last night throwing a tantrum. When I asked her why, she said because I want to scream at you 🤣

So when I'm grumpy on here after spending all day in a confined room with 20+ hormonal teenagers you all know why.

So when I'm grumpy on here after spending all day in a confined room with 20+ hormonal teenagers you all know why.
You do weird things on your holidays man!!!!!????

Flea's real name is Michael Balzary :p
tumblr_oly7o1GriU1rrkahjo2_500.gifv

Kudos to whoever finally renommed Nights in White Satin - it was one that I really thought could win when I nommed it way back (I think in a colours round), and though it did well it didn't even podium. Surprised it hasn't gotten a gig since.

Heard Justin Hayward sing live about 5 years ago, his voice is still amazing.

Flea's real name is Michael Balzary :p

Yep, he was in my shortlist too. Instead went with one the host was quite surprised to also hear was a Michael.

Yep, he was in my shortlist too. Instead went with one the host was quite surprised to also hear was a Michael.
When I was searching there were a bloody hell of a lot of Matts and Nicks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing not to see Michael McDonald nominated.

I got a moral victory (2nd place) with this classic in the genre reassignment round many moons ago, hard to believe it didn't win.

I was tempted to go with this other Michael McDonald Doobies classic.

I was burnt though by this Michael McDonald classic I nommed for Halloween which copped the Billy.

How good is this real live version of Takin' It To The Streets? Michael McDonald's farewell from the band back in 1982.

You wouldn't see that sort of crowd turning up to one of the great Millennial artists farewells, Kanye would never attract that many white people.

That was back before white people pretended to be black people though so Kanye would pull more more white people now than he did back then.

How on Earth could anyone arrive at disappointment in this?

I'm disappointed how some of the great music artists and bands from the 70s, 80s and 90s are getting shafted in favour of Millennial rubbish.

Like my Pixies song getting 2 votes in the Best of 2019 round while some absolute rubbish from the Millennial generation is getting double figure votes.

Some of my fellow Gen Xers here are voting for Millennial rubbish instead of voting for a great song from a great Gen X band just to appear cool and hip.

This band shits all over any Millennial band I've heard here, they even s**t all over Kiss.

If in the unlikely event I ever win another round it will be a Pixies theme and it will be the best damn playlist this song contest has ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back