Song Contest Part XXI, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Pre-2000, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 votes coming your way if I recognise it :whistle:
Valentines Day Love GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

#SongContestPlaylist

PLUS this song:

Note song 4 starts at the 6:00 mark, ‘Dreamweaver’ . It is not the whole album.

25 noms, botes due 10pm Sunday.

Good to see the range of artists we are all supporting, good luck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't nom a song for this round but if I had to nom a song from my last CD purchase it would probably be this one.

First Impressions of Earth, back when The Strokes were still good, that's a long time ago now though.

They don't make great rock albums like that anymore but no other band does either.

Last edited:
Woe. I've got three songs I can't split for the 5 votes. The well known song, or the artists I've never heard of.
2 and 1 votes are locked in. Billy is gonna be hard to vote for too.
What happened to your voting system? I thought that would automatically devalue known songs/artists?

FWIW - I think Fartdick sounds a lot like Phil Collins in that song. (Which is a positive for me)

I didn't nom a song for this round but if I had to nom a song from my last CD purchase it would probably be this one.

First Impressions of Earth, back when The Strokes were still good, that's a long time ago now though.

They don't make great rock albums like that anymore but no other band does either.

Their last album The New Abnormal was very good and had better depth than First Impressions.

First Impressions had excellent singles, but a fair amount of filler.

Their last album The New Abnormal was very good and had better depth than First Impressions.

First Impressions had excellent singles, but a fair amount of filler.

Yeah that's true, the singles were a lot better than the rest of the album but there are a lot of albums like that.

Funnily enough if this round was a day later I would have had to nom The Strokes. Bought their back catalogue on vinyl last night bar Angles which I already had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back