Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can only base opinions based on what you see. From what I saw yesterday, NN and Hobart should be almost winnable games? Should they not? Dodges are better than them, are they not?

Wouldn't say shitty conditions, the sun was out all game. Beautiful conditions for football, just a bit cold.

And their three last games, I just checked, were against cygnet, lindisfarne and huonville. All top 3.

Not entirely sure that's an "extraordinary take" of football.

Clar should be a win by 150 plus.
NN appear to have injuries.
Hobart are just a rabble. From reports, they should have beaten them in oatlands.

Fair enough you can only base it off what you see but also basing it off one game is a bit premature also.

Hobart may be a rabble but they did beat Brighton by 50 last time, the only game they have won apart from the Claremont game which doesn’t really count, in about 8 weeks.

I see big Micky Paul's back playing at Huonville, 52-29 to zip over the Mont. Paul got 7.
Gotta hand it the Mont boys turning up every week, been a Crocker of a year for them.

He only played half a game as well, think he started on the pine as well. Could of had a day out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Huonville starting to get close to there full strength side now….they will be very hard to roll in the finals I feel. 3 horse race now for mine. I don’t think dodges can win it and new Norfolk just making up the numbers.

Just heard that Paul Allison is calling/messaging ex Claremont and other players again trying to bring in some players for a one-off against Brighton on Saturday again. Surely its time he gives up, the ring-ins didn't work for them last time when Brighton rolled them by 120, how does he think its going to work this time?

Claremont only had 16 players in the reserves last week including Allison and four players who also played in the seniors afterwards.

Just heard that Paul Allison is calling/messaging ex Claremont and other players again trying to bring in some players for a one-off against Brighton on Saturday again. Surely its time he gives up, the ring-ins didn't work for them last time when Brighton rolled them by 120, how does he think its going to work this time?

Claremont only had 16 players in the reserves last week including Allison and four players who also played in the seniors afterwards.

Surely not? Like who? As if ex players would want to go and play for them.

I'm not playing football this year, Allison rings and asks what I'm doing on Saturday. Oh nothing much. Yeah I'll come spend 2 hours running around getting thumped. Ha

He isnt the right person to be leading a club. Surely they could get someone better.

Brighton lose by a couple of points to Dodges, they should win by 220. Was also told at work today by a brighton man that they had 5 or so out of their senior side last week too. He said they're back this weekend.

Surely not? Like who? As if ex players would want to go and play for them.

I'm not playing football this year, Allison rings and asks what I'm doing on Saturday. Oh nothing much. Yeah I'll come spend 2 hours running around getting thumped. Ha

He isnt the right person to be leading a club. Surely they could get someone better.

Brighton lose by a couple of points to Dodges, they should win by 220. Was also told at work today by a brighton man that they had 5 or so out of their senior side last week too. He said they're back this weekend.

He’s already running around offering ridiculous amounts of cash to lure players 🤦‍♂️

Siggins, Rainbird, Bearman just a few and if they all accepted there goes the salary cap without even including Allison himself 😯😯

I fear if this is how he plans to re build them then it’s destined to be more of the same unfortunately

He’s already running around offering ridiculous amounts of cash to lure players 🤦‍♂️

Siggins, Rainbird, Bearman just a few and if they all accepted there goes the salary cap without even including Allison himself 😯😯

I fear if this is how he plans to re build them then it’s destined to be more of the same unfortunately
Heard the Siggins offer, my lord

If I’m correct then $30k
Rainbird $25k
Coaching staff currently over $40k combined
Heard they rang and offered 20k initially, said he’s happy at Lauderdale and they went up to 30-35k. Ridiculous

What’s the story with Rainbird? Hasn’t played all year for Clarence but runs for them and still looks fit. Can he play again?

Heard they rang and offered 20k initially, said he’s happy at Lauderdale and they went up to 30-35k. Ridiculous

What’s the story with Rainbird? Hasn’t played all year for Clarence but runs for them and still looks fit. Can he play again?
Think he got told he had to sit for 12 months due to concussion. I could be wrong though.
That in itself would make it seem foolish to offer a player a big sum of money. Claremont will end up with no players and no cash if they do this. Too many teams so will always have teams hard up on players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a whisper Claremont dropping the senior side in to the magoo's against Brighton this weekend hoping for a win.... The poor two's boy's have to front up in to the seniors, could be a long day in the ones

Heard a whisper Claremont dropping the senior side in to the magoo's against Brighton this weekend hoping for a win.... The poor two's boy's have to front up in to the seniors, could be a long day in the ones

No way... As if that happens... who's your source there? There is no way that the club would ok that... is there?????? Jesus....

How sweet would it be if they did that and Brighton 2's still knocked them over. Claremont have one semi decent player in Williams, I don't think any others dropping back would cause Brighton's reserves to lose sleep at night

How sweet would it be if they did that and Brighton 2's still knocked them over. Claremont have one semi decent player in Williams, I don't think any others dropping back would cause Brighton's reserves to lose sleep at night

I thought they were really struggling for numbers lately. Obviously they've struggled all year but was told that their numbers have finally really dropped off over the last few weeks. Only 5 to 10 at training. They had 10 or so have to double up last week due to only having 34ish players available for 2 sides... Allison the saviour may play and kick heaps of goals and win it for them

I heard they only started with 16 in the reserves and one of them pulled the pin at half time, barely had enough to play the game out and half of those blokes had to front up again in the ones against Huonville, no wonder they got plonked by 330 points or whatever it was. Apparently trying that trick they pulled last time of trying to pay big money for ex players that are well past it for a one off gamr. Failed last time and will again. Allison won't be coaching there next year is the word.
They've got plenty of chaching in the coffers apparently but no one wants to play there. Sounds like Channel and Kermandie in the past. Trainweck!!

In fairness to Allison he inherited a side that had already gone winless the season prior. Then they lost all of their top players through no fault of his own and to top it off they have no colts. He's got the toughest coaching gig in Southern Tasmania at the minute.

The way things are at the present time there's not much chance of recruiting quality players without throwing around huge coin. Who is going to go there for peanuts and risk putting up with a year of 200-300 point defeats.

Would be interested to know what everyone here would do if they were at the helm.

No way... As if that happens... who's your source there? There is no way that the club would ok that... is there?????? Jesus....

100% fact mate, not going to name the bloke who told me but take it to the bank

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can confirm Claremont dropping back a number of ‘senior’ players. Don’t think many of these names will trouble Brighton though.

If Claremont do end up getting a win what a way to do it, imagine the celebrations afterwards.

I wonder how much more friction this has cause amongst players now

Attachments

• 22351A74-A025-40DB-BC4D-C491D15003B2.jpeg
    22351A74-A025-40DB-BC4D-C491D15003B2.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 98
Can confirm Claremont dropping back a number of ‘senior’ players. Don’t think many of these names will trouble Brighton though.

If Claremont do end up getting a win what a way to do it, imagine the celebrations afterwards.

I wonder how much more friction this has cause amongst players now

Surely this is not right.... surely this can't be right... I was going to watch the mighty roos tomorrow but this could be funny. I got told they don't have enough for two sides too. There's only 8 who are selected for the seniors, the rest will come from the reserves. I just can't believe this to be true. Surely it isn't... Allison lost it?

Brighton by 283. Wow.

Was told by some mates that were there that it was borderline embarrassing. Brighton rested 5 or 6 players and still had that result.

Thats the comps 8th and 9th..

Last week I called they would win by 150...

Will be a interesting to see if the Robins can take a higher scalp in the next two weeks. See if they're the a bit better and improved like some think they are.

2 Point loss to DF.
283 win against ... Claremont.

Brighton by 283. Wow.

Was told by some mates that were there that it was borderline embarrassing. Brighton rested 5 or 6 players and still had that result.

Thats the comps 8th and 9th..

Last week I called they would win by 150...

Will be a interesting to see if the Robins can take a higher scalp in the next two weeks. See if they're the a bit better and improved like some think they are.

2 Point loss to DF.
283 win against ... Claremont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back