Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad point. They're pretty amazing at catching other spiders actually, I've seen many a redback caught in long leg webs.

I currently have a spider of some sort that seems to have taken to the area around the outside of our car's driver door. Our car generally goes unused during the week, and when I go out to use the car for the first time since Sunday on a Friday night or Saturday morning, there's often a fresh web near the door handle.

I've never seen the thing though; no idea what kind it is. Or whether it's going to crawl across my windscreen one day while I'm driving.

I've nicknamed it Phil. Phil the Phantom.
Have the same thing on the drivers side mirror. Clear the web away and two days later it's back. Prick is like a squatter, can't get rid of him.

What about ants? Do people get ants in their houses anymore? We had something like 6 years battling those mother ****ers each summer, then the past 4-5 years, nothing, not one ant. :thumbsu:
We had some make trails indoors not long after we moved in to our new place a few years ago. Got these little stick on ant baits and they ****ed the ants' s**t up within days. Apparently they take the poison back to the nest, share it, and it kills the lot of them. Works like a charm.

Imagine being the ants that bring it back though. So embarrassing.
"Hey look bros, got us some sweet food."
"Is it poison."
"Nah mate, tastes great."
Nek minnut, dead nest.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...e-to-grisly-end-in-central-queensland/7959662 :eek:

7959744-3x2-700x467.jpg

I set a mouse trap yesty before work, come home and only the head is left, the rest of the mouse is skeleton and tail. In the space of 8 hours or less, something ate it bare.

Hoping the tarantulas aren't back.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

I set a mouse trap yesty before work, come home and only the head is left, the rest of the mouse is skeleton and tail. In the space of 8 hours or less, something ate it bare.

Hoping the tarantulas aren't back.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

I call the big one Bitey!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came across one of them earlier this year. Saw it dragging a huntsman across the footpath.
The clincher? They don't kill the spider straight off; their sting paralyses them, however, and then the wasp lays its eggs on the paralysed but still alive spider, and then the young wasp larvae then more or less eat the spider alive.

From the Wiki.

"A tarantula hawk is a spider wasp which hunts tarantulas"

What the **** animal is it?

7PWgjBR.jpg

The clincher? They don't kill the spider straight off; their sting paralyses them, however, and then the wasp lays its eggs on the paralysed but still alive spider, and then the young wasp larvae then more or less eat the spider alive.
Yeah I didn't think we had them here. Was interesting to see. My gf nearly stood on it lol.

You think that huntsman's creepy? I raise you this:
earth-graphics-200_1080291a.jpg
I struggle to understand that. It's probably a much smaller bird than the picture scaling would suggest, but surely if it flapped its wings enough it could break clear of a web. Unless the spider was there to get it really quickly, I guess.

I struggle to understand that. It's probably a much smaller bird than the picture scaling would suggest, but surely if it flapped its wings enough it could break clear of a web. Unless the spider was there to get it really quickly, I guess.
I'm not sure it would be able to flap much, spider silk is incredibly strong stuff. Not sure what kind of bird that it, but it would be the size of a sparrow or thereabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back