Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Woken up to this one running around my room the past two days. I got home yesterday and couldn't find it, was hoping it had left me be but here it is again running like mad on my ceiling this morning.

At least I'm getting to work early now as I can't relax in bed to start my day...
809378b0eb3367cfda6af27d7c0215c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That looks like a vacuum cleaner job to me :)

Have been working from home for the last few months. Went to jump in the car the other day and had a massive Huntsman in the door. Tried to shoo it away and thought it was covered in dirt but nup, dozens of babies.

Pushed the car into the garage and bug bombed the whole thing.

*ers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a delivery truck driver around here a few days back
His arm looked like it had been in a fire scars from his chest to his wrist

He got bitten by a white tail 3 years ago and got blood poisoning they had him in a coma for 3 months and sliced a lot of his arm off
He had no feeling in it but was happy to still have it.
He had only just got back to work for 3 days after 3 years off

He was delivering fruit and veg and didnt see it or feel it

I had a delivery truck driver around here a few days back
His arm looked like it had been in a fire scars from his chest to his wrist

He got bitten by a white tail 3 years ago and got blood poisoning they had him in a coma for 3 months and sliced a lot of his arm off
He had no feeling in it but was happy to still have it.
He had only just got back to work for 3 days after 3 years off

He was delivering fruit and veg and didnt see it or feel it
It’s funny (not like ha ha funny) but heaps of people have no reaction to white tails and then some get the full necrosis and blood poisoning.

horrible stuff though

It’s funny (not like ha ha funny) but heaps of people have no reaction to white tails and then some get the full necrosis and blood poisoning.

horrible stuff though
I got bit by one a few years back, thought it was a mozzie bite as it was just itchy, then woke up one morning in a lot of pain in the bite area. It had got infected and I need ointment from the doctors to treat it.

1041F009-1E85-40BC-A6DA-988729005E32.jpeg

Had old mate come from under my bonnet onto my windscreen last week, he was huge about the size of my palm.

I put it on iNaturalist and it’s called a Leishmann’s Huntsman

A few weeks ago spotted out of the corner of my eye and little f***er actually make/making its home in my couch- like down the other end that I dont usually use, where the arm rest meets the first back cushion.

Decent size too, a chunky black thing.

how's the house hunt going?

My friend was servicing my car yesterday and she pulled the back seats of my subaru back to change the fuel filter and opened up the casing to get in there and possibly the biggest redback ive ever seen is just chillin with a big sac of eggs - gave her a fright and i wasn't too thrilled either -problem was we couldn't get the *er it just ran for cover and i tried to getthe egg sac out but i only succeeding in having the sac flung further into safety as i broke the webbing around it

No one is sitting in my back seat anymore

I got bit by one a few years back, thought it was a mozzie bite as it was just itchy, then woke up one morning in a lot of pain in the bite area. It had got infected and I need ointment from the doctors to treat it.

I got bit by one last year. Started out like a mozzie bite and then it ulcerated. Took 3 weeks for it close over and heal.

I usually leave Redbacks alone inside the shed. They keep to themselves and their webs and don't wander.

Only spider I kill on sight is whitetail. Huntsman I sometimes kill only if capturing and relocating fails.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

White tails have been the victim of chinese whisper style rumors for decades. I have read a fair few studies now, actual studies with scientific research, and theres no evidence to support the old wives tales. When doctors use the words like it could be a spider bite, or possibly a spider bite soon becomes fact as people love to tell dramatic stories, and their stories soon get turned from "could" to "caused by".

I am aware the necrosis is almost certainly a myth, I still don't like that they're small, wander and their bite sucks, even if it doesn't really melt skin, and they look scary with their skin that's almost see through on the legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back