Sportsbet 40+ disposals saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be funny to see this go to court and Sportsbet win and get costs.

Punters then need to physically stump up the cash on legal costs

You wouldnt go down this path legally surely unless you had a guarantee from the law firm of "No Win No Fee" from them.

Would be funny to see this go to court and Sportsbet win and get costs.

Punters then need to physically stump up the cash on legal costs

You wouldnt go down this path legally surely unless you had a guarantee from the law firm of "No Win No Fee" from them.

There is a like gambling governing body in the NT that does it for free. Not sure why people on twitter are going through lawyers lol.

Best case is they hear about it (which I'm sure they have by plenty of people already) and just force SB to pay out all accounts with it.

There is a like gambling governing body in the NT that does it for free. Not sure why people on twitter are going through lawyers lol.

Best case is they hesr about it (which I'm sure they have by plenty of people) and just force SB to pay out all accounts with it.

I wonder if a Law Firm instigated this to begin with?

Best case is they hear about it (which I'm sure they have by plenty of people already) and just force SB to pay out all accounts with it.

lol at getting an unbiased ruling from the NT Gaming Commission . So far in bed with the corps it's beyond a joke.

Bets were voided well before the event started so nobody is out of pocket, unless arbing which would be madness against a likely palp. Punters saw an incorrect price, spread the word, bets get voided and the bet wins so they all blow up.

What chance they are all demanding to pay it back to Sportsbet if someone went over 40

Sportsbet would’ve known with 98% certainty that the NTRC would find in their favour before voiding the bets. They work with them everyday and will have hundreds of cases of precedent.

Sad example of where bookmaking and punting is in 2019

lol at getting an unbiased ruling from the NT Gaming Commission . So far in bed with the corps it's beyond a joke.

Bets were voided well before the event started so nobody is out of pocket, unless arbing which would be madness against a likely palp. Punters saw an incorrect price, spread the word, bets get voided and the bet wins so they all blow up.

What chance they are all demanding to pay it back to Sportsbet if someone went over 40
Sportsbet would’ve known with 98% certainty that the NTRC would find in their favour before voiding the bets. They work with them everyday and will have hundreds of cases of precedent.

Sad example of where bookmaking and punting is in 2019

Yeah realistically it probably won't get paid out. I have a little on it but not expecting anything (i haven't bothered taking action, will just see if others get paid out). However its definitely the most interesting void case I've seen because there seems to actually be a bit of a solid case for it.

Bookies have all the power though and like you said its hard to see them rule it in the punters favor.

Would love to see them taken to the cleaners for once though after screwing punters over for years

He’s highlighted parts that support his argument but ignored other major aspects and points specific to that case. In general terms bets were referred and accepted by a trader, and some legs of the multi had apparently already won. Two things the commission look at in every case.

More importantly though the commission found that the odds couldn’t be proven to be incorrect due to it being a player making his debut, and other unforeseen circumstances specific to that case. Sportsbet will have absolutely no issue proving that the odds of a round occurring with no player getting 40+ touches isn’t $120

i can shed some light on this. We backed it in our punters club. It was a 9 leg multi where every leg was selected no for 40+ disposals. Odds varied around the $1.70 mark each game. Putting 9 legs together netted the multi odds of 120-1. The bet was placed on Thursday and the odds changed significantly later in the day where a friend went to put it on and got offered 12-1 for the same bet. Sportsbet then voided the bets on Thursday night. On Friday they sent the messages apologising as they got the odds of all 9 games wrong. They then pulled the bet for a while before resubmitting it before the Friday night game. The new odds for the 9 game multi were 3-1. A massive difference. The void did come well before the 1st game of the round. It was annoying as we felt it was a solid bet but in the terms and conditions they sent everyone explaining why they voided the bet, it seems the Sportsbet had every right to review it and void it.

Sportsbet have been proven now not to have voided bets on 'yes' at the incorrect odds. Overwhelming proof they've just robbed punters

Market open for 3 days
Odds fluctuations for 3 days
Odds reflected that of the individual player odds
Didn't void opposing bets (which lost).

Anyone who is siding with sportsbet on this one are wrong. There was nothing 'obvious' about this 'error'.

what happened here? sb system error on that market or they messed up accidentally? they should just pay up that $9m and move on lol

also to clarify the 120-1 and 150-1 odds people were sprouting. We got 150-1 because we used the multi boost on the 120-1 bet giving the odds of 150-1. So the 120-1 was the 9 leg multi bet. The ones claiming 150-1 were more than likely multi boosted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly a mate of mine was paid out on his 8 leg multi he put on Saturday morning with odds of between $1.11-$1.18 for each leg (his total collect was only $33).

Still $1.70 v $1.11 is probably a material pricing error.

Interesting to see that a punter took the yes option for 40 touches in a few of the games it was resulted as a loss, he then posted it to social media it gained momentum and all of a sudden it was changed from a loss to a void, almost as if he didn't post it spoetsbet would of been happy to take his money.

I got paid @10 and think its a decent outcome, better than nothing. Lots of people seem even more fired up now though after the @9-11ish odds payout lol. They've had a taste of blood and want to go in for the kill and get everything they can from SB.

The fact that 'yes' bets were counted as losses is pretty dodgy looking by SB

Last edited:
I’ve been told today Sportsbet did two things the NTRC don’t like. 1. They accepted bets that referred to their intercept (a big no in the industry) and 2. They gradually decreased the offered odds. I’m told that’s a robotocised process for them though so they’d still be in the clear on that front. The NTRC will be looking for human acknowledgement by a trader that the prices were known and a referred bet was accepted.

I’d still have Sportsbet as a short price favourite if this goes further, but it does make things interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back