St. Kilda and umpires - the eternal friendship

Remove this Banner Ad

Frogshit Plugger.

11 before we joined.

16 after we joined.

Yeah well that was 11 spoons in about 30 years and then 16 spoons in the next 90 years so our strike rate has improved since you joined the VFL.

You had a bit of a bad time in the eighties, eh Plugs.

Thankfully I wasn't a Saints supporter back then.

I remember watching The Winners as a kid back then and St Kilda hardly ever featured unless Trevor Barker took a screamer.

Not only a mega melter but a bandwagoner as well.

Hardly a bandwagoner, living in Perth back then I only supported a WAFL team Subiaco, I didn't starting supporting a VFL team until it went national.

The Saints were more successful in the late 80s/early 90s when I started following them but it's not like they were playing in GFs or winning flags back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly a bandwagoner, living in Perth back then I only supported a WAFL team Subiaco, I didn't starting supporting a VFL team until it went national.

The Saints were more successful in the late 80s/early 90s when I following them but it's not like they were playing in GFs or winning flags back then.

Had to laugh old mate. The Saints have never won flags.

Only clubs that aren't the Saints or expansion clubs can use the plural form of flag in association with their club.

Minnow.

Ron-Burgundy-Nobody-Cares.jpg

But they're minnows with 2 flags, you're still minnows with 1 flag.

If I cared about how many flags a club has I wouldn't have chosen St Kilda to support, I'd probably be a Carlton or Essendon supporter.

So what was your criteria? "Which club ****s up the most? They're the ones for me!"

Having the GOAT full forward Tony Lockett playing for them was one of the main reasons I chose to support the Saints.

St Kilda might not have many flags but they've produced a shitload of great players over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back