No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely the right decision to give Ratts the sack. It's a weird feeling as we all assumed we had him around for at least another year and we were willing to give him another season to see where we were really at! But too late now onwards and upwards!
Personally I'd love to see us appoint a young up and coming coach like an Yze, who is hungry to forge his own legacy and hasn't been out of the game for half a century.
Although in saying that a tough hard nut coach could be what our squad really need after being coddled for too long.

Buckley. He's a smart dude…
george clooney drinking GIF

Ross Lyon firming as next St Kilda coach after the sacking of Brett Ratten​

Jay Clark, Sam Landsberger and Michael Warner

Great headline. Solid group of authors 😍😍
Isn't he a bit ol' school really don't we need vitality and freshness of approach....The PIES didn't go back to go forward....why do we have to look backwards?

Game plan, player management.

His last 4 seasons were 16th, 14th, 14th and 13th with a 30+% win rate.

Pass - no doubt he'll get off on the media speculation but his record says he's not the messiah he likes to think he is.
His last 4 seasons were rebuilding. Weird hill to die on
I know you’re big on Ross and I rate his defensive set up coaching and man-management (elite) but as you’ve mentioned, it’s absolutely vital if we go down the Ross-route we get a coach in who knows how to move the ball quickly and effectively in the modern AFL landscape.

And that person needs to be a big enough personality to stand up to Ross.

That’s not easy to find.

If we DO find that person, then I’m all in for bringing Ross Lyon back.
Rath worked with Clarko. If he stays. He will be fine.

Ultimately, the known quantity of Lyon is something that should make us all feel like things are okay and under control - which they 1000000% would be.

Let’s be very clear - Lyon knows what he's doing. He's tough and uncompromising in his beliefs. He works hard and expects his players to match him.

The playing group is soft and they are precious. Warm hugs and reach Arounds for everyone since 2011 has resulted in 1 finals campaign.

We are embarrassing. IRRELEVANT.

We need someone who can change our direction.

If their great visionary plan is to get Ross LYON on board then maybe the whole of the moon will reveal ROO's intention to make a playing comeback DAL looks pretty fit ...get the band back ....cue the download.jpg It's just SAD!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't he a bit ol' school really don't we need vitality and freshness of approach....The PIES didn't go back to go forward....why do we have to look backwards?
Hasn’t coached fora couple of years - I’d say he’d be fresh and raring to go. Don’t think he’d take the job if he wasn’t.

Ultimately, the known quantity of Lyon is something that should make us all feel like things are okay and under control - which they 1000000% would be.

Let’s be very clear - Lyon knows what he's doing. He's tough and uncompromising in his beliefs. He works hard and expects his players to match him.

The playing group is soft and they are precious. Warm hugs and reach Arounds for everyone since 2011 has resulted in 1 finals campaign.

Lyon won 4 out of 22 in 2016 with this list.

He won 8 out of 22 in 2018 with this list

The bloke we just sacked won 11 with our list.

Old coach with old ideas - time to move forward, not backward.

Why not try to reanimate the corpse of Jeansy then?
We've tried that, alas our budget doesn't allow us to employ the top level professional reincarnators

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Gee, summed up my thoughts perfectly. And - let’s recruit some cockatoos as well.

As risky as appointing a first time coach is, everyone has to start somewhere.

Finalist's coaches - Scott, Longmire, Fagan, Macrae, Longmuir, Goodwin, Hardwick and Bevo. No recycled coaches. All were risky appointments at the time.

Okay there's plenty of Teagues, Neelds, Shaws you could quote but sometimes you just have to take the risk.

Cancelled my membership a few weeks ago. Good luck fellas following these clowns. We wont be in the league much longer
BUllshit! Your often full of bullshit! If you really love the club you love the club......The oft quoted Kahlil GIBRAN .."Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds" or words to that effect...Corny but still true especially when it comes to the love of our club....we don't necessarily have to love one another lol! etc but the love for the club...well that's a non negotiable...imo!

Youd argue his ceiling isn’t a premiership if you really want to argue we know what we’re getting.

Again, I’m not against Ross coming back but I’d want him to show us that he wants it and what his plan is otherwise this whole “process” is a bit of a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back