No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Lyon firming as next St Kilda coach after the sacking of Brett Ratten

Jay Clark, Sam Landsberger and Michael Warner

Great headline. Solid group of authors 😍😍

As much as I like Ratten, some of our footy in the last two seasons has been absolutely putrid at its worst, and beautiful at its best. The inconsistency between the highs and the lows two years in a row though is not really tolerable. Of course Ratten is not the only variable in that inconsistency but being the head coach the buck should stop with him in some sense.

As for the extending then axing the contract I can understand the strategy in place which Bassat and Lethers outlined in the press conference, and what’s important is that they acknowledged in hindsight it was a mistake. Okay, good. That’s footy for you it’s a harsh industry but that’s the reality.

Feel this is the right move for the club moving forward and that we are still on a trajectory of improvement, one which this off season has been characterised by the bringing in of new staff and good footy people. Refreshing our club external to the players was definitely on my wants list.

Potentially really exciting times to come with a new head coach and forwards coach. With Enright down back, Hayes in the mids, Walsh, Dilena and other like individuals filling our club now we are building a culture of success.

Look at the impact Enright had on our defence this year, imagine if we got that with Hayes in the middle and a new coach up forward, all tied in by a new head coach. I can buy in to that picture. And if there’s one thing our club and players need right now is a little buy in. Not far off it if the pieces come together and we continue to draft well.
Just watched the presser now as I had to miss t live.

I thought they handled it very well and explained their thought processes clearly. If you do a review, it needs to be done thoroughly, with every facet of the club targeted. I like Basset, I think he’ll take no prisoners - and I 100% stand by the fact he admitted to making a mistake, but that to just leave it compounds the error.

Thought they explained the reasoning behind his mid year signing well, and I agreed with their thinking. They spent enough time with Ratts to see how/if he could improve - it was not just a fly by the seat of their pants decision.

Almost everyone on here appears to agree with this step, probably a first ever. I doubt that’ll be the case regarding the coach we hire.

Personally, I want an experienced, hard a*se of a coach - and if that’s Ross, Pyke or similar, I’m good with that.

We all know gringo wants a captain coach to be welcomed back into the fold.

Born leader.

images

Typical weirdo South Aussie

tDMjcon.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross Lyon firming as next St Kilda coach after the sacking of Brett Ratten​

Jay Clark, Sam Landsberger and Michael Warner

Great headline. Solid group of authors 😍😍
s**t - is this really happening
hard to get my head around it but Ratts gone is a definite positive. Just dunno about RTB returning...

Can't believe that Ross Lyon will be seriously considered for the job.

Dinosaur - clearly past his use by date

Enright and Lenny may as well leave now for the amount of input they'll be able to give.

Just imagine Lethlean having to step in between Walsh and Lyon when they have their first blue.

I couldn't give a flying feck what you or your mate think , the bloke that i spoke to this morning was meant to be having dinner with him on Wednesday night but Ratts Mrs was sick so they didn't catch up.

If what i posted had been posted by a few other select posters i bet you wouldn't have questioned them , how dare another poster have some info
Well, when you’ve spent your entire time questioning the validity of anyone posting inside information on this board, don’t be surprised that you get the same schtick back at you.
Harden up.

It is all BS. He bailed for more money and a longer contract and blindsided the club. He was broke at the time apparently.
Not according to Riewoldt.

Can't believe that Ross Lyon will be seriously considered for the job.

Dinosaur - clearly past his use by date

Enright and Lenny may as well leave now for the amount of input they'll be able to give.

Just imagine Lethlean having to step in between Walsh and Lyon when they have their first blue.
What exactly makes his a dinosaur and past him use by date?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, anyone taller than 6ft having a quiet day “give him a spell in the ruck just to get a feel for it”.

Used to hear it on the 10 commentary weekly.
In his playing days he was. He used to pick off smaller players with his elbow. More discreet than Carl but Walls picked on smaller victims.

Well, when you’ve spent your entire time questioning the validity of anyone posting inside information on this board, don’t be surprised that you get the same schtick back at you.
Harden up.
This 😂
Made me giggle
But you have a point

What exactly makes his a dinosaur and past his use by date?
Game plan, player management.

His last 4 seasons were 16th, 14th, 14th and 13th with a 30+% win rate.

Pass - no doubt he'll get off on the media speculation but his record says he's not the messiah he likes to think he is.

Also, just about all of the ex saints players absolutely love him can't speak highly enough of him despite him leaving they understand the reason.
Gardner said he is the best coach by far he has ever had without question.
Even when he was in WA whenever he went back to Vic he was catching up with them.
He definately wins the hearts and minds of his players.
Exactly. Hard nut but they still love him and is a great tactical coach. What more would you want.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Back when we were successful 😢

Back when we had Ross 😃
I know you’re big on Ross and I rate his defensive set up coaching and man-management (elite) but as you’ve mentioned, it’s absolutely vital if we go down the Ross-route we get a coach in who knows how to move the ball quickly and effectively in the modern AFL landscape.

And that person needs to be a big enough personality to stand up to Ross.

That’s not easy to find.

If we DO find that person, then I’m all in for bringing Ross Lyon back.

I really hope the club have arranged a send off for Ratts this arvo with all the players coming to the Danny Frawley Centre for a BBQ and a full on piss up.
Everyone should be encouraged to get pissed as a maggot and duke out anything that comes as a result. A cleansing, if you like.
Invite Hanners and have a few noseys as well? Good bonding session.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back