Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

They're brilliant. Lost Stars and the Leia book in particular (both written by the same person). I actually don't even know why they're categorised as young adult except that the main characters are younger, because the writing and concepts are no different from the main novels.
I noticed that the Leia book was 400 pages, which didn't seem like a young adult book, though I then noticed it was definitely larger print. But not excessively so. Which is why I was wondering whether it was intended for both audiences. It was definitely in the kids section of Target's books.

I noticed that the Leia book was 400 pages, which didn't seem like a young adult book, though I then noticed it was definitely larger print. But not excessively so. Which is why I was wondering whether it was intended for both audiences. It was definitely in the kids section of Target's books.

Yeah I think it's a poor move on their part because Lost Stars and the Leia book are two of my favourites of new canon. In fact I actually really enjoyed the links between the Princess of Alderaan book and TLJ, and it went a long way for me in grounding TLJ in-Universe, if that makes sense.

The only animation I would be interested in is one featuring the original characters. It is the only way, outside of books, to tell stories set in that era. Otherwise, just interested in whatever the live TV show is; if it is meant to anchor the Disney streaming channel, hopefully it will be well funded and of a high quality. And an original idea; Resistance sounds awfully similar to Rebels, in name and intent.

The only animation I would be interested in is one featuring the original characters. It is the only way, outside of books, to tell stories set in that era. Otherwise, just interested in whatever the live TV show is; if it is meant to anchor the Disney streaming channel, hopefully it will be well funded and of a high quality. And an original idea; Resistance sounds awfully similar to Rebels, in name and intent.
I don't mind the idea of an animated show with the OT cast. As long as it's not like rebels where the good guys always win and the empire are incompetent morons just there for slapstick I'd be interested in it.

What would you blokes recommend to someone who hasn't read many of the books? The only one I've read is the TFA novelisation

Watch Forces of Destiny then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new Han Solo novel Last Shot was decent, but man, what a throwaway novel. They have tried hard to make the new novels tie in to the new movies or games in some way, but this is a throwback to standalone novels chasing a Maguffin. Besides a little insight into Han and Leia's relationship after ROTJ, it doesn't add much to the canon.

The new Han Solo novel Last Shot was decent, but man, what a throwaway novel. They have tried hard to make the new novels tie in to the new movies or games in some way, but this is a throwback to standalone novels chasing a Maguffin. Besides a little insight into Han and Leia's relationship after ROTJ, it doesn't add much to the canon.

Weirdly I prefer standalone books because they aren't beholden to the films. And the reason we get such average, two-dimensional books these days is because they're terrified to lock anything in happening in a book in case someone comes along in 2033 who wants to show it in a movie. It's led to a real demise of creative talent in books.

I'm including Last Shot by the way as this is absolutely intended as a tie-in to the Solo movie.

I don't mind standalone novels, but this one didn't even feel entirely like Star Wars. The Maguffin was so outside the usual Star Wars ideas, it could have been the Enterprise chasing it in a Star Trek novel. And the characters didn't really develop that much because, as you say, the movies have tied their hands.

I don't mind standalone novels, but this one didn't even feel entirely like Star Wars. The Maguffin was so outside the usual Star Wars ideas, it could have been the Enterprise chasing it in a Star Trek novel. And the characters didn't really develop that much because, as you say, the movies have tied their hands.
Yeah felt very Borg.

The humor was pretty off too.

Novel about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon by Claudia Grey announced, a YA novel for Padme also announced, both sound quite interesting, and glad to see them exploring the prequel era more.

Novel about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon by Claudia Grey announced, a YA novel for Padme also announced, both sound quite interesting, and glad to see them exploring the prequel era more.
Grey’s novels have been the best part of the reboot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back