Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

I recently finished my latest Star Wars novel 'Lesser Evil' which is the final one in Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Ascendancy trilogy. Fantastic as his Star Wars novels always are. He is probably my favorite author as far as that goes, followed by James Luceno. All told counting these two guys, I have read over 60 Star Wars related novels. Hard to keep up sometimes with the chronology and such haha but all have been worth it.

And yes very much intrigued by the new project also as mentioned above.

Looked good to me. I like that it’s a completely different setting and timeline, the freedom to carve out their own niche in that period. 100 years before episode 1 I believe.

A live action Wookie Jedi, yes please.

Believe the Wookiee is from the books which is cool. Think he's the only carry over from the High Republic books which is good as well.

Believe the Wookiee is from the books which is cool. Think he's the only carry over from the High Republic books which is good as well.
Starwars.com have put up a list of characters. The Wookie isn't the same as the one in the books I've read, though he may be in some of the other media. Vernestra Rwoh (the green Jedi briefly shown) is the main character that moves from the books to the screen.

Starwars.com have put up a list of characters. The Wookie isn't the same as the one in the books I've read, though he may be in some of the other media. Vernestra Rwoh (the green Jedi briefly shown) is the main character that moves from the books to the screen.

Interesting, I thought it had been previously stated it would be the same character.

Vernestra being in this is interesting, I didn't think her species was that long lived.

Interesting, I thought it had been previously stated it would be the same character.

Vernestra being in this is interesting, I didn't think her species was that long lived.
This one's called Kelnacca apparently, only one I know from the books is Burryaga.

Had to look it up to confirm, Acolyte is set 100 years before TPM at the very end of the High Republic era, Rwoh is a teenager in the books set 150 years before TPM. It's nice to have the odd tie-in but it could get pretty complicated pretty fast if they try to work too many things in. I imagine the creators of a TV show have little interest in keeping up with an expansive series of novels, kids books and comic series.

What trailer were you watching? Thought it looked great, the idea of power and who gets to use it could be interesting. Looked very cinematic, the backgrounds much more fleshed out than Kenobi, hope it's because they use the Volume less and locations more.

Don’t have any issues with the potential story just that it looks fan made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. Carrie Anne Moss is perfect for Star Wars.

Reminded online, but its mentioned in the prequels that the Sith have been extinct for a millennia, interesting how or if they get around that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks great. Carrie Anne Moss is perfect for Star Wars.

Reminded online, but its mentioned in the prequels that the Sith have been extinct for a millennia, interesting how or if they get around that.

It’s quite easy actually. I’ll spoiler just in case so I don’t ruin it for others.

Somehow, The Sith returned.

It’s quite easy actually. I’ll spoiler just in case so I don’t ruin it for others.

Somehow, The Sith returned.

Isn't the issue they'll need a lobotomy or those aware of Sith during this era need to be wiped out as this is only 100 years before ANH?

I haven't read any of the High Republic books so I'm not sure if this is addressed.

Almost everyone that worked on it would be a fan.

Why would you get people that weren't fans, to make a Star Wars series?

Not entirely sure that's what he meant.

Almost everyone that worked on it would be a fan.

Why would you get people that weren't fans, to make a Star Wars series?

To answer your question they actually hired someone who's never seen Star Wars. For an outside perspective.

But I was referring to visually it looks bland

Last edited:
The High Republic books are set 50-100 years before Acolyte, which is 100 years before TPM, so nothing that happens in the show can be addressed in the books.

My point was more about the line in TPM that the Sith have been extinct for a millennia, which doesn't allign with timeline of the show unless some heinous s**t goes down.

American cinemas doing a 25-year re-release of The Phantom Menace along with a screening of The Acolyte. Seeing The Acolyte on the big screen could be enough to get me to watch TPM again ;)

Event cinemas are advertising a marathon however not open for booking at this time.. all movies back at the cinema apparently

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can someone shed light on the New Hope unedited fan version that takes it back to it’s original cinema release?

It has a specific title I can’t remember?

Is it any good?

Star Wars revisited? Although that's not the original cinema release, that has quite a few edits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back