Suggestion Star Wars Sub-Forum in Media Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
As the SW movies, tv, comics, and books is expanding at a growing rate, and how they can clutter the main Media Board, especially given how fervent SW fans are at debating SW and across multiple threads......it's time to get its own sub-board imo.

phantom13 The Old Dark Navy's Chief

I've provided a list below of current SW-relevant threads in the Media Board that can be moved into a sub-board. Showing just how many there are now, and that the number of threads will only grow.

-----------------

Bigfooty - A 10 min peek at the 1hr season opener special of the Family Guy version of Star Wars
Bigfooty - A question re the Star Wars movies
Bigfooty - Anyone know if this Star Wars timeline is correct?
Bigfooty - Bentleighs 'Star Wars 3' summary..
Bigfooty - Best of the Star Wars trilogy
Bigfooty - Best to Worst Star Wars Films and best and worst lightsabre fights!!!!!
Bigfooty - Bobba Fett - A Star Wars Story - Rumors and Spoilers
Bigfooty - Could it be - Star Wars OT on DVD?
Bigfooty - Did the Star Wars prequels predict 9/11?
Bigfooty - Episode IX - Spoilers and Rumors
Bigfooty - Episode VII - The Force Awakens - No Spoilers Allowed
Bigfooty - Episode VII - The Force Awakens - Spoilers and Rumors
Bigfooty - Episode VIII - No Spoilers Allowed
Bigfooty - Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - PART 2
Bigfooty - Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - Spoilers and Rumors
Bigfooty - Fav. Star Wars Moment
Bigfooty - Favorite/Least Favorite Star wars Character.
Bigfooty - Han Solo: A Star Wars Story
Bigfooty - If George Lucas did the Star Wars prequels in the late 80s/early 90s, would they have been better?
Bigfooty - Kenobi - A Star Wars Story (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors
Bigfooty - NEW Star Wars Movie - Screen shots and storyline
Bigfooty - New Star Wars Movie Series by Game Of Thrones Creators
Bigfooty - Not fussed about Star Wars
Bigfooty - People who like star wars too much
Bigfooty - Rian Johnson Star Wars Trilogy
Bigfooty - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Bigfooty - Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics
Bigfooty - Star Wars - The Prequels Thread
Bigfooty - Star Wars - The TV Series
Bigfooty - Star Wars - The TV Series
Bigfooty - Star wars 3 (beware potential spoiler)
Bigfooty - Star Wars 3- SPOLIER?
Bigfooty - Star Wars Celebration (2016 Europe)
Bigfooty - Star Wars Celebration (2017, Orlando)
Bigfooty - Star Wars Clone Wars TV Trailer
Bigfooty - Star Wars Double Trilogy
Bigfooty - Star Wars Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith
Bigfooty - Star Wars Episode III title revealed.
Bigfooty - Star Wars Episode III-Spoiler FREE
Bigfooty - Star Wars Expanded Universe - No Longer Canon
Bigfooty - Star Wars fans....
Bigfooty - Star Wars III
Bigfooty - Star Wars Is Here!
Bigfooty - Star Wars Marathon
Bigfooty - Star Wars on BluRay
Bigfooty - star wars on dvd
Bigfooty - Star Wars Original Trilogy
Bigfooty - Star Wars Rebels
Bigfooty - Star Wars Stories That Would Make Good Movies/TV Shows
Bigfooty - Star Wars Theme Disco Version (1978)
Bigfooty - Star Wars Trivia
Bigfooty - Star Wars Uncut
Bigfooty - Star Wars Underworld and 1313 (game) not dead yet
Bigfooty - Star Wars- seen it?...score it & don't comment on it..
Bigfooty - Star Wars-where to start with the kids?
Bigfooty - Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Bigfooty - Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Review
Bigfooty - The Star Wars Holiday Special
Bigfooty - The Star Wars prequels vs Force Awakens comparison thread. Why the prequels are infinitely better.
Bigfooty - Watching the six Star Wars films back-to-back
Bigfooty - What is your favourite Star Wars film?
Bigfooty - What Star Wars Spin-offs Do You Want?
Bigfooty - WTF Star Wars Christmas Special

A thread prefix will be best.
Your Solomon wisdom knows no bounds. The, that method will still aggravate regulars on the media board who hate seeing the board cluttered with SW threads. Why I was thinking a sub board in this case would be good because SW fans will flock to wherever the threads are located, plus us fans can then go nuts creating more specific and minor detail threads galore whilst not upsetting everyone.

If it becomes a problem, we can make a forum. At the moment there are only a few Star Wars threads on the first page of thread lists.

If there are a large number of Star Wars fans wishing to create threads on minor aspects of the brand, it would be great if they could post here to support the idea of a Star Wars sub-board.

If it becomes a problem, we can make a forum. At the moment there are only a few Star Wars threads on the first page of thread lists.

If there are a large number of Star Wars fans wishing to create threads on minor aspects of the brand, it would be great if they could post here to support the idea of a Star Wars sub-board.
Thanks mister. I'll let them know of this thread.

Just wondering how many of those threads you started GG?
A percentage of them. But they were only relevant / good ones. Relevant as in of current films. And good ones as in threads that take in a more sweeping discussion (like a dedicated comics/cartoon/books) thread....rather than cluttering up the board with a thread for a million different specific topics.

And that could also be a plus for a sub-board....people can start creating all manner of specific threads, without annoying others, and the SW community could grow here in that sub-board. Much like that evil Jedi Council Forums place is, where there are millions of threads about a variety of things. But of course, I'm permabanned everywhere in the world except Bigfooty.

If we do a Star Wars Sub-Forum, why would it stop there? Marvel, DC ... both would also have claims.

Frankly the only issues with Star Wars is the constant bickering in the threads.

If we do a Star Wars Sub-Forum, why would it stop there? Marvel, DC ... both would also have claims.

Frankly the only issues with Star Wars is the constant bickering in the threads.
I just think by nature SW fans and SW is by far a mammoth franchise/thing. There are billions of SW sites, etc. Compared to Marvel and other IPs. It's just a behemoth that probably deserves a dedicated sub-board -- both for the extent of threads/discussion that will happen and the cool other ideas that can be done (like create SW banner comps, etc etc)...and also to free up the Main board.

I wouldn't have asked for one if Disney hadn't purchased the rights. They're gonna pump the movies, comics, tv shows, books out, and it's always going to be the biggest franchise around -- why it "deserves" or ought to have a sub-board as opposed to other boards. Frankly, that's where the diehard community and communication (inc. bickering) occurs -- among SW fans.

I can only see a growth rate for SW-related content/interest in the Media board, and it could be turned even bigger with some creative minded regulars/mods with thread/comp ideas etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think by nature SW fans and SW is by far a mammoth franchise/thing. There are billions of SW sites, etc. Compared to Marvel and other IPs. It's just a behemoth that probably deserves a dedicated sub-board -- both for the extent of threads/discussion that will happen and the cool other ideas that can be done (like create SW banner comps, etc etc)...and also to free up the Main board.

I wouldn't have asked for one if Disney hadn't purchased the rights. They're gonna pump the movies, comics, tv shows, books out, and it's always going to be the biggest franchise around -- why it "deserves" or ought to have a sub-board as opposed to other boards. Frankly, that's where the diehard community and communication (inc. bickering) occurs -- among SW fans.

I can only see a growth rate for SW-related content/interest in the Media board, and it could be turned even bigger with some creative minded regulars/mods with thread/comp ideas etc.
If users would like to put their hand up it can be done. But without good leaders (with social media chops) it will be very hard to kick off a community like that.

I think the idea of a sub-board has merit. Both Marvel and Star Wars are expanding to a degree that many talking points will be raised. If those points can be squeezed into current threads is a question board mods can determine.

Maybe a Franchise Sub-board specifically aimed at Marvel and Star Wars might work and take some traffic off the main board for other discussion

There was once a time i would have supported this but the man babies with their ' rian ruined mt childhood' idiocy have created a toxic fanbase. I just want to enjoy the movies these days and steer well clear of star wars message boards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back