Traded Stefan Martin (2012-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Fraser:
Stefan%20Martin%20FS.png

Really badly needs to establish himself as a regular in the seniors so I can stop thinking Stefan Carey every time I see his name.

Maybe we need to start calling him Steve Martin?

Live chat transcript
February 7, 2013

Jess: Hi Stefan, has the move been easier with Brent Moloney coming to Brisbane as well?
Stefan Martin: Hi Jess, you'd think so but unfortunately he doesn't think i'm cool enough to hang out with

Pat: Hi Stefan, where do you see your role with the team this year?
Stefan Martin: Hi Pat, I think probably a bit in the forward line and a bit in the ruck at this stage

Phil: Stefan, any particular aspect of your game or fitness you are working on?
Stefan Martin: I think these days repeat speed is really important and so that's an area that I'm always looking to get better at.

Gary: Considering you excelled at high school and are a stand out intellectual, do you find it difficult relating or even communicating with most footballers?
Stefan Martin: Hi Gary, most footballers are fairly switched on these days because you have to be to have a good grasp of the game plan and also to be a professional in many different ways. I certainly don't feel that I can't communicate with the guys, the stereotype of the dumb footballer is exaggerated in my opinion

Martin_Training-hero.jpg

Very humble. Seems pretty to himself, but I'm sure he'll have a lot to prove. A bit of a dark horse in a way, he showed a hell of a lot of potential in 2011. Having both him and Lisle is great for our forward line. I'm having to contain my excitement for this season. *deep breaths*

Sounds like a very nice fellow and a good match for our club. Need he and Lisle to get a bit of mongrel in their game though. No more Mr Nice Guy. Watched the St Kilda game last night on Fox. They should watch Rog's performance in that game - imposing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin reminded me a bit of Merrett when he played forward - not the most co-ordinated or skilled, but heaps of energy. I reckon that's what the coaching staff have been trying to get out of Lisle, and would have been quite happy with what Martin showed.

Martin reminded me a bit of Merrett when he played forward - not the most co-ordinated or skilled, but heaps of energy. I reckon that's what the coaching staff have been trying to get out of Lisle, and would have been quite happy with what Martin showed.
Yeah he goes alright for a guy who has no idea how to play forward.

Yep. I can't recall him not causing a spillage when the ball came his way. He dropped a few marks he should have taken but the conditions may have played a part. In the absence of a genuine gun second tall forward, I think you are right that Voss and co simply want an honest contest.

Yep. I can't recall him not causing a spillage when the ball came his way. He dropped a few marks he should have taken but the conditions may have played a part. In the absence of a genuine gun second tall forward, I think you are right that Voss and co simply want an honest contest.
It is kinda frustrating because you can see straight away that he is a complete natural in the middle or down back.

He looks like a terrific athlete up forward who will give it absolutely everything he’s got, but does not really know what he is doing.

Very much reminded me of Mitch Clark a couple of years ago.

He is an awesome pickup for us at a bargain basement price.

I was worried about how Martin will go in place of Huddo. Allayed my fears last night with a stomping effect around the F50. Great to see him giving it all trying to chase down defenders.

Sometimes it was funny to watch him throw his arms out "kick it to me" with opposition player literally sitting on his back.

Boy, I struggle to think of a guy of his height who's quicker. His second efforts are excellent. If he could just improve his kicking, he'll be very dangerous.

There was something about his frame that just felt like we had Mitch Clarke back in the team (minus the terrible attitude). Thought he showed a huge amount of potential last night, his massive chest pack mark the big highlight for me, an honorable mention to the Jack Watts blind turn as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back