Stephen Dank takes it to another level

Remove this Banner Ad

kuato.jpg
Oh I love you!
They'll dust off the Kuato costume from Total Recall for the role of Paul Little...

Bit of an all-of-a-sudden claim, especially when testosterone use is certainly tested for...you'd think players would have failed a drug test in that case.

Also, for the record, only 16 players from 2013 remain on the list in 2016, and that's including Hogan and Viney who were only added in the 2012 draft. So if he can name 17 players he's certainly including guys who are no longer at the MFC.

Testosterone is naturally occurring , so they set a threshold that they find indicates cheating.
Its still cheating to boost your testosterone to a level below that threshold, but it won't be considered to have failed a test.

I think that was more to do with ASADA providing inaccurate info on AOD status.

Not a shred of evidence exists to support this theory.

More a case of all other feasible explanations being ruled out.

• It's a known that AOD was/is prohibited.
  • A known that Dank made repeated attempts to obtain wrong advice that it was not prohibited by sneakily worded questions
  • A known that Dank actively cultivated a relationship with a low/mid level ASADA employee.
  • A known that ASADA eventually stated it would be "unfair" to pursue athletes over AOD (looking back).
That adds up to a large part of a picture, and at the same time shows us that it's not a picture of other things.

I know purple can be a fair flog, but his normally pretty good with his mail. Won't run with it unless his 110%
What, you mean like his 'Hurley isn't training with the others anymore- oops trains next day with them' episode?

He regularly does the 2+2=5 routine and always has. Don't give him too much credit.

Not sure what Dank is playing at. He won't to ASADA though. This will be a stumbling block for any further investigation. Barrett claims to have seen documents relating to this so who knows what's going on.

Dank has been out the news for a while, better sell Nathan Bock into s**t and make vague threats about documented use of long-banned drugs.

Yes, and consulting Robinson at Geelong during their premiership years.

So you reckon Robinson was using peds back then?

Ok, I have a plausible theory. While this could be just a slash and burn - take as many people down with you as you can out of pure malice, I suspect otherwise.

Maybe Dank's long game target is the AFL? The centrepiece of that is the AFL Tribunal which managed to find that nobody except Dank did anything wrong. Which stinks to high heaven. Makes a good starting point.

Work backwards and forwards from there to paint a picture of widespread doping, and the AFL giving it a good ignoring. A rigged decision to give him a life ban for doping players, and yet no players found to dope. His coach punished with a million dollar gift, the weap pretty much the same, the doctor walks free and into the hall of fame.

Dirty little coverups everywhere and one scapegoat. Sounds like a decent starting point for a juicy defamation and personal damage case.

So it may well be that Dank drops the big one on Geelong before very long. Maybe some juicy stuff on Hird and others at Essendon too - particularly useful if it can be demonstrated that the Club board and/or the AFL knew.

Interesting times.

Ok, I have a plausible theory. While this could be just a slash and burn - take as many people down with you as you can out of pure malice, I suspect otherwise.

Maybe Dank's long game target is the AFL? The centrepiece of that is the AFL Tribunal which managed to find that nobody except Dank did anything wrong. Which stinks to high heaven. Makes a good starting point.

Work backwards and forwards from there to paint a picture of widespread doping, and the AFL giving it a good ignoring. A rigged decision to give him a life ban for doping players, and yet no players found to dope. His coach punished with a million dollar gift, the weap pretty much the same, the doctor walks free and into the hall of fame.

Dirty little coverups everywhere and one scapegoat. Sounds like a decent starting point for a juicy defamation and personal damage case.

So it may well be that Dank drops the big one on Geelong before very long. Maybe some juicy stuff on Hird and others at Essendon too - particularly useful if it can be demonstrated that the Club board and/or the AFL knew.

Interesting times.
If he's going after Melbourne it will be interesting to see if he drags Geelong into this.

If he's going after Melbourne it will be interesting to see if he drags Geelong into this.

Yeah, all speculation I guess but it kind of fits.

Is it a working defamation strategy? I dunno. THe law is mysterious in its ways.

But I've believed for a long time that Dank has a large suitcase full of dirt, and prepared to use it it the right time.

Doesn't have to make it to court. If he raises enough stink, and still has the threat of more, then a quantity of unmarked bills might be coming his way.

Is it a working defamation strategy? I dunno. THe law is mysterious in its ways.

But I've believed for a long time that Dank has a large suitcase full of dirt, and prepared to use it it the right time.

Doesn't have to make it to court. If he raises enough stink, and still has the threat of more, then a quantity of unmarked bills might be coming his way.
There is a fair chance he has a lot of dirt. Possibly on clubs not linked to him. As he wasn't even employed by Melbourne or Geelong however seems to still have a link.

Off-topic.....

Some time I the mid-70's a friend of my mum's spent something like $900 on a pedigree MINIATURE Chihuahua. This thing was tiny. She adored it.........

......... and their cat ate it.

She was so upset. How mum kept a straight face I'll never know.....

Did the cat get some swimming lessons for its trouble?

Not quite. April 2013 was when WADA clarified the status following media reports, not actually banned it. The recent WADA comments on AOD9064 and questioning why it was not pursed supports this.

This could be what you meant but not how I read that last sentence first paragraph.

Otherwise totally agree!
It was what I meant but thanks for clarifying, if it didn't read correctly to you then others might misunderstand as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robinson had some links with Dank while he was at Cats. So it'll be interesting to see if he throws something their way.
No one other than Barett has picked up this Melbourne stuff either yet. As far as I can see.

If Dank doesn't throw anything Geelong's way, though, would that suggest to you that the only involvement Dank had with Geelong was that they once bought a legal supplement from his company?

If Dank doesn't throw anything Geelong's way, though, would that suggest to you that the only involvement Dank had with Geelong was that they once bought a legal supplement from his company?

That's a massive assumption.

Dank will bucket Geelong if it suits his own dirty little agenda. If he does bucket Geelong it does not necessarily mean Geelong did it. And if he doesn't then it is no indication that Geelong did not.

I think the one thing we HAVE learned about the Dankster is that respect for the truth has zero weight when he decides what to say, or not say.

Interesting times.

I agree.

It's too easy to heap all the blame on Dank. There are too many floating around free. If he were as guilty as has been portrayed, he isn't being pursued hard enough to believe he was the mastermind.

I hope he is pursued and the truth is revealed. You can say he's throwing people under a bus, he's unrealiable, whatever, but I know there are a lot of gutless people in this game who don't care so long as they escape.

Might get a set of KPMG logoed business shirts?

That's a massive assumption.

Dank will bucket Geelong if it suits his own dirty little agenda. If he does bucket Geelong it does not necessarily mean Geelong did it. And if he doesn't then it is no indication that Geelong did not.

I think the one thing we HAVE learned about the Dankster is that respect for the truth has zero weight when he decides what to say, or not say.
Dank wasn't at Carlton, either. He could go after the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back