Steps towards Treaty: the Uluru Statement and Referendum Council Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright.

We've had the Referendum into the Indigenous Voice to Parliament, and the public rejected it.

From the notes to the Referendum Committee:
The Dialogues discussed who would be the parties to Treaty, as well as the process, content and enforcement questions that pursuing Treaty raises. In relation to process, these questions included whether a Treaty should be negotiated first as a national framework agreement under which regional and local treaties are made. In relation to content, the Dialogues discussed that a Treaty could include a proper say in decision-making, the establishment of a truth commission, reparations, a financial settlement (such as seeking a percentage of GDP), the resolution of land, water and resources issues, recognition of authority and customary law, and guarantees of respect for the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Would you be okay with any or all of the above? What do you think would be a reasonable means of reparations, or do you think reparations are not required at all?

Try and keep it civil from here. The last few pages have been as base as anywhere else on this forum.

Last edited:
46 candidates have been elected the the first SA voice to parliament to deliver advice on issues affecting Aboriginal people.

Thought you'd be thrilled.

Good for them. Not sure why you are making such a song and dance about it though.

Do you feel left out or is it something more sinister?

Will it hurt your gas led recovery?

SA voice vote has been held. Only Aboriginal people eligible to vote. However, they barely cared.

You view Aboriginal people as alien. It's a problem.
What other systems do you expect to be flawless the very first time?

Is it possible that you're letting your hate for Aboriginal people and your desire to enjoy their pain, cloud your judgement?
Assuming that you have those feelings.

To jump on this first SA election and point out it wasn't perfect in order to use it as a reflection on Indigenous people, comes from a place of hate.

So if you don't have this resentment for Indigenous Australians, and a glee for their repression... Why do you think your reaction to this article is to jump on to BigFooty and try to troll with it?
Or is this all about your 'war' with 'the left'?

You view Aboriginal people as alien. It's a problem.
What other systems do you expect to be flawless the very first time?

Is it possible that you're letting your hate for Aboriginal people and your desire to enjoy their pain, cloud your judgement?
Assuming that you have those feelings.

To jump on this first SA election and point out it wasn't perfect in order to use it as a reflection on Indigenous people, comes from a place of hate.

So if you don't have this resentment for Indigenous Australians, and a glee for their repression... Why do you think your reaction to this article is to jump on to BigFooty and try to troll with it?
Or is this all about your 'war' with 'the left'?
You must make a sport out of making assumptions. Merely pointing out my surprise at how few Aboriginal voters that turned out for this vote. Then again, the Voice to SA parliament is going ahead. Good news isn't it?

46 candidates have been elected the the first SA voice to parliament to deliver advice on issues affecting Aboriginal people.

Thought you'd be thrilled.
Have you tried to put any thought into it, outside of schadenfreude?

Can you give three reasons why you believe there might have been a 'low' turnout as a percentage of people eligible to vote?

If you can't, why is it so hard for you?

You must make a sport out of making assumptions. Merely pointing out my surprise at how few Aboriginal voters that turned out for this vote. Then again, the Voice to SA parliament is going ahead. Good news isn't it?
I mean sure, be dishonest.
You can reflect or react. But reacting is always easiest for weak people.

At the moment I'm bored of chasing people like you into corners just for a base level of honest engagement.

Merely pointing out my surprise
What surprise??

You didn't know anything about it, until there was a negative spin on it.

Almost everyone in Australia knows about the 'youth crime crisis' in Alice Springs.
Almost no one, even in SA, knew about this vote...

How does none of this cross your mind, even for an instant?... And why don't people like you care?

What surprise??

You didn't know anything about it, until there was a negative spin on it.

Almost everyone in Australia knows about the 'youth crime crisis' in Alice Springs.
Almost no one, even in SA, knew about this vote...

How does none of this cross your mind, even for an instant?... And why don't people like you care?
Your obviously a very combative individual. More interested in sparring for the sake of it. Its in the news on multiple major outlets. Don't engage in personal attacks.

Your obviously a very combative individual. More interested in sparring for the sake of it. Its in the news on multiple major outlets. Don't engage in personal attacks.
I don't know you, I don't remember if we've interacted before. I'm just sick of people like you.
So my responses aren't specifically to or about you, but a general 'you'.

You must make a sport out of making assumptions.
You posted an article, and then made an assumption where you had to actively ignore the information in the article you shared.

they barely cared.

That's not in the article you shared. That's not what's being reported.
That's an incorrect assumption you made that opposes the information that you've been shown and that you've shared here.

It's that, which lead me to make my assumption on you.

You cannot expand on your point or your position, you can only revert to playing the victim.
But again, people like you aren't able to reflect on this kind of thing. You can only react.

----------------------------------------

Yet here you are chasing and quoting me.

I'm not chasing. You're free to run away and pretend to be a victim.

I'll leave it there.
Have a great day.

So we voted on it and Mali ignored the votes to push it anyway. What happened to democracy. If a politician you lot didnt like did that you'd be foaming at the mouth. The hypocrisy is fun

Slap in the face so few voted too. Thought it was really important? Didnt one person win a spot with 6 votes? What are we doing here

So we voted on it and Mali ignored the votes to push it anyway. What happened to democracy. If a politician you lot didnt like did that you'd be foaming at the mouth. The hypocrisy is fun

Slap in the face so few voted too. Thought it was really important? Didnt one person win a spot with 6 votes? What are we doing here

We didn't vote on this.
We didn't vote against it.

We had a referendum on changing the wording of the constitution.

The SA Voice existed BEFORE the referendum.

But as usual, people like you are just so full of hate at the idea that Indigenous people might be viewed as equal, that you oppose it without having ANY ******* IDEA what it actually is.

The desperation to be ignorant is depressing.
Arrogant ignorance shouldn't be rewarded and embraced.
Education should be rewarded and embraced.

It's the same with most 'hope Trump wins for the melts' people.
Loudly repeat talking points that are spoon fed to you.
Then when it's pointed out that you're repeating lies, you just insist that they're all as bad as each other and only nerds keep up to date with what's actually happening in the world.

We didn't vote on this.

But as usual, people like you are just so full of hate at the idea that Indigenous people might be viewed as equal, that you oppose it without having ANY ******* IDEA what it actually is.

The desperation to be ignorant is depressing.
Arrogant ignorance shouldn't be rewarded and embraced.
Education should be rewarded and embraced.
We voted on the voice to parliment then Mali ignored that and went ahead with it anyway. Fact. Lol at the bolded. "Viewed as equal" by given special treatment, how equal.

Its clear they need additional help and resources. Lets not pretend they dont get that already and everything is "equal". Its fine, but quit lying about what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We voted on the voice to parliment then Mali ignored that and went ahead with it anyway. Fact. Lol at the bolded. "Viewed as equal" by given special treatment, how equal.

Its clear they need additional help and resources. Lets not pretend they dont get that already and everything is "equal". Its fine, but quit lying about what it is.
We didn't vote on this.

I could go into asking you what Indigenous people get that non-Indigenous people don't have access to in some other form.
I could try to discuss with you the need for additional resources in some areas to close the gaps caused by generations of destruction of Indigenous people.
I could start asking you why you think Indigenous people are on average so much worse off than non-Indigenous people in all areas of Australia (city to remote), especially if they are getting so much more than everyone else.

But you won't engage with any of it. Because you can't.

Because in your view, Indigenous people are genetically inferior to non-Indigenous people.
Sure, you'll talk about 'culture/choice/attitude' etc etc. But it will always boil down to the fact that you just view Indigenous people as less.

People like you do not care about the reasons or the causes. You simply believe the outcomes are worse for Indigenous people, because they are genetically worse.

You're not jealous or resentful for 'them' getting 'more'.
You just resent 'them'.

I mean sure, be dishonest.
You can reflect or react. But reacting is always easiest for weak people.

At the moment I'm bored of chasing people like you into corners just for a base level of honest engagement.
At the moment I'm bored of reading your posts.
Base level for you is chasing your tail.

We voted on federal constitution change, this is a state body. Is democracy a one time thing or do you get to reassess every 3/4 years
It's not working so well though, should they try something different? maybe some more help and resources? phwoar, internal self directected from community members, crazy

Nah let's bitch about welfare queens and anti white racism, that'll fix it

Historically only ~60% of Americans vote in their elections.
Does that mean that the US Congress doesn't speak for the American people??
Strange comparison for the point you are trying to make. 65% turnout in US elections vs 5% indigenous turnout at the voice vote.

Shows how much the average indigenous person really cares!!!

Strange comparison for the point you are trying to make. 65% turnout in US elections vs 5% indigenous turnout at the voice vote.

Shows how much the average indigenous person really cares!!!
Bingo

Proves without doubt this was nothing but white guilt from some people. The actual people effected didnt give a s**t, well 95% of them...

It's incredible isn't it.
That these barely sentient brain farts will argue against The Indigenous Voice to Parliament (Which was to let 5% of the population have some kind of representation).
They'd argue it isn't needed etc because Indigenous people 'already have enough representation!! It's called a democracy!!'

But then ALSO point out that such a low percentage of votes couldn't possibly represent that group of people.

Aboriginal people voted overwhelmingly 'YES' to the referendum, but it lost due to non-Indigenous people voting against it.
But they're trying to shut down this SA Voice, because it's not 'representative enough'. Total bullshit.

Then, with so little media attention leading up to a non-compulsory vote. After a vicious and racist national campaign against Indigenous representation, in which the majority of Australia stated that they don't view Indigenous Australian's as equals...
Now people can't understand why there would be a low voter turn out for the SA Voice.

Anything to attack Aboriginal people and possible improvements/progress in closing the gap...
But they insist they aren't racist...
In fact they'll tell you they're the real victims.
And that the most persecuted people are actually white Cristian males!

It's incredible isn't it.
That these barely sentient brain farts will argue against The Indigenous Voice to Parliament (Which was to let 5% of the population have some kind of representation).
They'd argue it isn't needed etc because Indigenous people 'already have enough representation!! It's called a democracy!!'

But then ALSO point out that such a low percentage of votes couldn't possibly represent that group of people.

Aboriginal people voted overwhelmingly 'YES' to the referendum, but it lost due to non-Indigenous people voting against it.
But they're trying to shut down this SA Voice, because it's not 'representative enough'. Total bullshit.

Then, with so little media attention leading up to a non-compulsory vote. After a vicious and racist national campaign against Indigenous representation, in which the majority of Australia stated that they don't view Indigenous Australian's as equals...
Now people can't understand why there would be a low voter turn out for the SA Voice.

Anything to attack Aboriginal people and possible improvements/progress in closing the gap...
But they insist they aren't racist...
In fact they'll tell you they're the real victims.
And that the most persecuted people are actually white Cristian males!
Sounds like you may be the racist one....

As in you don't think it's possible? Or you don't think it's ideal?

Well it's possible in the sense that parliament has so decreed. But I don't think it's ideal, in fact I think it works counter to the intention of the Voice.

Having been given a Voice, the vast majority of Indigenous people had no say in the very body that seeks to represent them on "matters, policies and laws that affect them". They have to rely on the interests of 10% being aligned with their interests.

The consequences of low voter turnout is nothing new, and nothing too controversial I would have thought.

There is a massive difference between 10 and 60%. That's even before you get into the dumpster fire that having 40% of the population disengaged from the political process has caused that country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back