Opinion Stop disrespecting the [West Coast] Veterans!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Sure, some of the veterans may need to be moved on - but that's not their call!
OF COURSE RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION of when their time is up is fine, I am purely addressing the disrespectful type of commentary/posts.
They will play on until the coach and list managers drop them to wafl or delist them.
There is NO need for name calling (eg Ploddus or Lecrap), they deserve to be remembered for their best service, not hated on because the list managers are wanting them to continue.
They can't make the call that is it time for a mini or major rebuild.

Some of them have been absolute faithful stalwarts of the club we all love so just because they are no longer in their prime doesn't mean they should be disrespected, no matter what performance they put on.
For we all know they may have wanted to move on and have been asked to remain.
Also remember that some of them have chosen to stand by our club during the lean years when perhaps they could've chased greener pastures.

To put it in perspective it would be a damn shame that if in a few years when JK is no longer in his prime he is being vilified in the same manner that some forumers/supporters are vilifying some of our current vets.

I think Fremantle handled the retirement of Pav (and we don't know how it looked behind the scenes) with respect and supporters conducted themselves as they should, even the majority on the Big Footy boards. We should take a page out of their book in this time.

BUT when it comes to the performance of young bucks who haven't done their time and are underperforming - HAVE AT IT!!

Last edited:
Names like Ploddus etc are pretty asinine for the bay, let alone the players own team board.

I think however you should be able to debate freely if a player has past it or not, and that saying that doesn't mean you are denigrating their career. Sam Butler for example, I think he has been fantastic but he had an absolute shocker yesterday, and I think maybe he should be phased out. That doesn't mean its personal.

Names like Ploddus etc are pretty asinine for the bay, let alone the players own team board.

I think however you should be able to debate freely if a player has past it or not, and that saying that doesn't mean you are denigrating their career. Sam Butler for example, I think he has been fantastic but he had an absolute shocker yesterday, and I think maybe he should be phased out. That doesn't mean its personal.

Which is pretty much what I said

I have plenty of respect for Priddis. From Rookie to Brownlow is outstanding as is his effort every week.
I have respect for LeCras as an outstandingly skilled player. He however has nerve overcome a tough one one one defender. sad but true he can be shut out and left with nothing to offer. Perhaps it is 100% physiology. All respectful but he is what he is.
I don't call people names - unless it is funny and not at all hurtful (except fro drug cheats, murderers etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair crack.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will hurt the millennials

Remove this Banner Ad

Back