Opinion Suban

Should Suban play more Midfield than D.Pearce?

• Yes

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kunna17

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Round 1 was one of the best, obviously played a lot through the midfield. Do you think he can build more consistency and play better down back or up front?? Would like to see him in the midfield more personally.

He is better playing forward of centre but he's behind a few as a mid. On thin ice for mine with competition breathing down his neck. He's good, just not sure he's good enough to keep out Neale, Crozier, Sheridan, Mellington much longer.

At the moment i agree, if he gains some consistency I think he could be one of our best tho

In the SEN interview, Ross admitted that Suban plays his best football forward of centre so I don't think we'll see much of him down back. Up to him now to play consistently at a high level. His WCE game was very good so hopefully we get to see more of that.

In the SEN interview, Ross admitted that Suban plays his best football forward of centre so I don't think we'll see much of him down back. Up to him now to play consistently at a high level. His WCE game was very good so hopefully we get to see more of that.

My thoughts exactly.

I rate him as an inside mid. Lost some of his pace because of his broken leg in 1-2 years ago. I remember people Bagging him out for not getting enough of the ball which is fair enough when he only gets 15 disposals a game. But hes willing to get in the middle of the pack and get the ball which is why i like him.

Danyle Pearce plays on the wing. Suban is a stubborn inside mid that can be damaging on a forward pocket/flank.

Still don't know where he is at. He was great round 1, Decent Round 2 and absent last week.
Danyle is doing enough for an outside mid, he is working hard. Has missed a few goals he should have got but I am satisfied with what he is doing - knowing he has another 30%+ improvement to his game.

We know that Suban will average around 15 disposals with the occasional 6-8 possession game and a 20 possession game on the rare occasion. With Pearce we will get around 25 possessions a game with the odd 30 possession game, and rare sub 20 possession game.

SUban is more of an in and under player, where as Pearce is more of a run through the corridor type, collect the handball.

I can't even remember seeing him against the bombers.. needs to lift to the form he showed in round 1 and maintain it.

I remember seeing him against the bombers, gave a free kick away to Myers for being caught holding the ball. Had an easy handball option but chose to spin through the tackle. I wasn't impressed, wouldn't surprise me to see him demoted to sub this week.

They are a contending side, surely you must factor in that equation when you look at performance levels!

I'd hope that our players would perform at their best when playing the sides that matter the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not, I'm just talking about Suban in particular because that so happens to be the topic of this thread

Still don't know where he is at. He was great round 1, Decent Round 2 and absent last week.
Danyle is doing enough for an outside mid, he is working hard. Has missed a few goals he should have got but I am satisfied with what he is doing - knowing he has another 30%+ improvement to his game.

We know that Suban will average around 15 disposals with the occasional 6-8 possession game and a 20 possession game on the rare occasion. With Pearce we will get around 25 possessions a game with the odd 30 possession game, and rare sub 20 possession game.

SUban is more of an in and under player, where as Pearce is more of a run through the corridor type, collect the handball.

My Thoughts exactly. Suban is an inside Mid. Danyle Pearce is a wingman which is why we recruited him. Obviously Hill plays on the other wing as well. If either gets injured, Clancee Pearce can fill in. I know that Walters plays up forward, Did he play in a wing before he got drafted to us?

I suppose you didn't see Pavs handful of goal assists either!
Horses for courses, Essendon Are not Eagles or Bulldogs.
They are a contending side, surely you must factor in that equation when you look at performance levels!;).

I completely agree with this statement (even if you did not intend it the way I choose to interpret it). It is the players that can stand up in these games that we are after. It does not concern me if players do not dominate in a winning team, it concerns me when players struggle in the hard fought contests.

I have said it every season and I will say it again. Suban has always been extremely inconsistent, that is why he is a fringe player. If he throws up another performance like that there are plenty of others that will take the opportunity.

Suban plays better on the wing than half-back. PearceD is good on the wing but can play well back and has the pace to go with opposition quick small forwards. No brainer really.

Get him angry. He plays so much better after a bit of a jumper punch. So does anyone know what Dale Kickett's doing these days?

Back