Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we rolling with “Chomper”for Jed? Seems like that’s what the boys were calling him on IG haha

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Really good podcast with Freckle

Just came here to post this. What a nice young man. Been through alot. Including the most traumatic thing imaginable probably. The exact person you'd want to run out with every week.

View attachment 1942102
This is what they said about Luko. That’s a bit of a silly approach, IMO. Keep him forward and let him develop fully there. Was doing well there last year and that’s where he wants to play.

Not his fault the match selection committee can’t pick a balanced team and need him to plug holes…

View attachment 1942102
This is what they said about Luko. That’s a bit of a silly approach, IMO. Keep him forward and let him develop fully there. Was doing well there last year and that’s where he wants to play.

Not his fault the match selection committee can’t pick a balanced team and need him to plug holes…
Playing him between Ruck, forward and backline. Adelaide get in his ear and tell him the forward line is his if he wants it. Bang all of a sudden we lose him. Play the man forward, it was his best season by a mile last year.

Playing him between Ruck, forward and backline. Adelaide get in his ear and tell him the forward line is his if he wants it. Bang all of a sudden we lose him. Play the man forward, it was his best season by a mile last year.
My thoughts exactly.

Moving a player who is on the outer like Sexton back makes sense. Gives them a chance to take on a role in the best 22.

Moving a top pick who played well forward back (when we have another option we refuse to try, apparently) and wants to play forward is certainly a choice.

My thoughts exactly.

Moving a player who is on the outer like Sexton back makes sense. Gives them a chance to take on a role in the best 22.

Moving a top pick who played well forward back (when we have another option we refuse to try, apparently) and wants to play forward is certainly a choice.
Luko has always been tossed around like a second hand pillow - and is a born forward (albeit just a little timid). Would love him to get a bit of animal and he'd be our very own Nick Reiwoldt.

"'Dimma' is still trying to shape his system into what he sees … so wherever he wants me to play is where I'll be," the South Australian said.

"I'm lucky enough to have strengths at either end, so whatever the team needs to win, I'll do.

"Jed's going to be a pretty good player for the club going forward … I can fill in spots around that."

eww

But that is 2 coaches now who have moved Jack around the ground instead of planting him in the forward line. They’ve obliviously got questions on him. I don’t know if they like the King/Lukosius combo either. Just 0 aerial presence between them and I guess they can’t rely on young Walter to carry that.

Tbh, I don’t see what they are thinking as he is much better suited to half forward, but I guess he hasn’t done what they want him to do.

Do you think Geelong fans are unhappy that blicavs isn't settled into one spot? If it works it is a huge asset to have a genuine swingman.

I thought he looked OK in defence against the Dogs. I would prefer he play forward but it won't be a disaster for him playing back. If we start to make finals, I don't think Lukosius will care where he starts.

He is a good 3rd tall defensive option and if we are able to adjust to allow him to be the loose in defence even better.

The one question is our forward line looks pretty sparce with King quite sporadic, Walter in his 2nd game and Casboult who has not kicked a sausage in 3 weeks. Really hoping the likes of Rosas, Humphrey and the midfield can contribute goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Effectively Dimma is choosing Casboult ahead of Luko in the forward line. Pretty damming to be honest. Don't like it one bit, how long is Luko contracted here for? I can absolutely guarantee you he does not want to be playing in defence.
May be one of those guys that will play wherever the team needs him. Its good to have players that can multiple roles depending on what the team needs.

Saw this on X and thought it was interesting. Still second youngest midfield according to CBA of the 4 most players to attend CBA. Plenty of good years to come

a3c6ef8b67a0353bb33beafa48441e42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Effectively Dimma is choosing Casboult ahead of Luko in the forward line. Pretty damming to be honest. Don't like it one bit, how long is Luko contracted here for? I can absolutely guarantee you he does not want to be playing in defence.
Off to Adelaide if things continue like this.

Dimma effectively takes away 50+ goals and plays player where he prefers not to play. Really strange considering we got Andrew and Jeffrey who could play similar role. We better make finals .

He needs to get more aggressive in the air. He's tall enough, but between him and King they don't take the marks they should, hence playing Casboult. That and none of Luko/King/Walter can ruck, and someone needs to chop out Witts.

Dimma effectively takes away 50+ goals and plays player where he prefers not to play. Really strange considering we got Andrew and Jeffrey who could play similar role. We better make finals .
Andrew and Jeffrey must not be impressing Dimma at this point. Hopefully it's not off the field stuff/lack of professionalism.

He needs to get more aggressive in the air. He's tall enough, but between him and King they don't take the marks they should, hence playing Casboult. That and none of Luko/King/Walter can ruck, and someone needs to chop out Witts.

Andrew and Jeffrey must not be impressing Dimma at this point. Hopefully it's not off the field stuff/lack of professionalism.
The whole team needs to get aggressive in the air and on the ground - with the exception of Humphrey, Walter, Holman, Berry, Anderson and Uwland. The rest tend to not like body on body. Casboult has it but we shouldn't be relying on an old bull to get things done.

Jeffery deserves a chance for sure - not sold on Andrew but he's a better option than dragging one of your best forwards out of position BUT I agree Luko needs to toughen up a LOT!

The whole team needs to get aggressive in the air and on the ground - with the exception of Humphrey, Walter, Holman, Berry, Anderson and Uwland. The rest tend to not like body on body. Casboult has it but we shouldn't be relying on an old bull to get things done.

Jeffery deserves a chance for sure - not sold on Andrew but he's a better option than dragging one of your best forwards out of position BUT I agree Luko needs to toughen up a LOT!
Bit stiff leaving the Red Bull out there, but yeah some are a bit soft.

Last edited:
Bit stiff leaving the Red Bull out there, but yeah so are a bit soft.
To be fair after watching the games so far this year - the umpiring is so focused on cracking down on anything near the head - we are creating a game based around minimal contact NOT just the Suns.

I saw so many times, a player goes intentionally head first into a congested space - gets the obvious knock (both light and heavy) - falls back or puts his arms out and falls to the ground.

Umpire awards free kick against players actually just contesting the ball.

In a few years we'll be watching 'no contact / touch football' if things don't get back to normality.

Get every player to sing an indemnity and those who are afraid don't need to play.

It's a game getting very difficult to watch these days.

Helmets to come and of course the drug rules are so far from reality. We're looking after the player's mental health so he can continue taking the drugs, 'pull a hammy', have a week off and still get paid. Tell me where that's good for the sport or society overall.

Rant over....

Oh, yeah. I forgot that Ginnivan doesn't actually have a head or neck from an umpiring perspective.

To be fair after watching the games so far this year - the umpiring is so focused on cracking down on anything near the head - we are creating a game based around minimal contact NOT just the Suns.

I saw so many times, a player goes intentionally head first into a congested space - gets the obvious knock (both light and heavy) - falls back or puts his arms out and falls to the ground.

In a few years we'll be watching 'no contact / touch football' if things don't get back to normality.

Get every player to sing an indemnity and those who are afraid don't need to play.

Helmets to come and of course the drug rules are so far from reality. We're looking after the player's mental health so he can continue taking the drugs, 'pull a hammy', have a week off and still get paid. Tell me where that's good for the sport or society overall.

Rant over....

Oh, yeah. I forgot that Ginnivan doesn't actually have a head or neck from an umpiring perspective.
Agree with a lot of that. They need to stop paying free's when players duck into tacklers, or drop at the knees. (Even if their names are Daicos or Pendlebury). Players will stop doing it if there is no incentive.

Ginnivan is getting what he deserves imo. Every single time he gets tackled he drops at the knee's and shrugs his arm up, every time.

Agree with a lot of that. They need to stop paying free's when players duck into tacklers, or drop at the knees. (Even if their names are Daicos or Pendlebury). Players will stop doing it if there is no incentive.

Ginnivan is getting what he deserves imo. Every single time he gets tackled he drops at the knee's and shrugs his arm up, every time.

Agree, it just so happens that every time ginnivan goes into a contest he gets tackled high? I honestly can't believe the media sooking and the afl saying they missed some, every one I saw his first and only intent was to lift the arm to draw high contact. The guy is a disgrace, can't believe he is still doing it.

Rant over....

It's reached the point where I was amazied Chol didn't get reported for that knee to the back of the head while he was attempting a 'speccie'. If the guy had got a concussion, I shudder to think what would have happened.

Agree, it just so happens that every time ginnivan goes into a contest he gets tackled high? I honestly can't believe the media sooking and the afl saying they missed some, every one I saw his first and only intent was to lift the arm to draw high contact. The guy is a disgrace, can't believe he is still doing it.
Obviously not a Magpies or Hathorn supporter NOR a big Ginnivan fan but at least he goes in to get the ball and not wait to tackle. If it was anyone else, they'd pay a free for rough play. Soft world...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back