Supplements Causing Depression?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter, who was the youngest player at Essendon in 2012 when on the club's rookie list, also revealed that he had gained about 10 kilograms - his weight reaching about 95 kilograms - during 2012, when the injection regimen occurred. "It was all lean muscle, lean muscle mass." He did not know whether this was caused by the substances taken or not.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...depression-20160320-gnmnqg.html#ixzz43RcqbZC9
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

10 kegs?

Look, I love to bag the drug cheats. But Hunter gaining 10kgs in one summer?

Seems like they might be stretching the truth a little. Got no doubt the bloke was F%*^&^ over but come on.

Sounds like they were into some serious drugs, besides the TB4 that had signed documentation. Too bad that info was never leaked

Of course hal is fat and depressed and after he files his statement of claim I expect him to receive a substantial amount of money for his pain, suffering, and loss of financial income.

I hope that this reasonable outcome for Hal encourages other Essendon football players to seek damages from their employer.

Now THIS is a player being brave. Huge respect for the kid, never easy coming out re. mental health issues, and also one of the few to try and hold EFC to account.

Hal would have the most to worry about being the youngest of the guinea pigs. If Hird got a mill to take a holiday, how many mill does EFC owe this guy?

10 kgs lean muscle, on a light weight routine, what on earth were they pumping into these kids, I'm quite sure now if it wasn't for Demetriou's quick action, EFC would no longer exist in it's current form.

• Hunter said he had considered contacting the injection program architect, Stephen Dank, but doubted he would gain any helpful information. "I've considered it ... but it's not something at this stage we're pursuing because at this stage ... he had responsibility, as everyone has responsibility to do the right thing, but he wasn't the one in charge, and from all reports I'm not going to get any information out of him that I can't get out of the club."

How interesting

10 kegs?

Seems like they might be stretching the truth a little. Got no doubt the bloke was F%*^&^ over but come on.
The article says "in his first year" not in one summer

10 kegs?

Very possible, if he had never been on a proper diet or done weights, mix in some Dank fairy dust, and it can happen.

Plenty of guys bulk up this fast in gym, but for footballers they usually lose it once the season proper starts and they are not able to maintain it.

All you have to do is go look at the tape of how much bigger all the Essendon players were. It was not just Hal.

Now THIS is a player being brave. Huge respect for the kid, never easy coming out re. mental health issues, and also one of the few to try and hold EFC to account.

Hal would have the most to worry about being the youngest of the guinea pigs. If Hird got a mill to take a holiday, how many mill does EFC owe this guy?

10 kgs lean muscle, on a light weight routine, what on earth were they pumping into these kids, I'm quite sure now if it wasn't for Demetriou's quick action, EFC would no longer exist in it's current form.

Lube All Plus™ Horse and Dog Supplement
FEATURES:

• Natural Dietary Supplement
  • Superior Joint Support
  • Revolutionary Oral Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
  • MSM for Inflammation
  • Glucosamine & Chondroitin to Replenish Joint Cells
BENEFITS:
Lube All Plus is a dietary supplement that is used to support troublesome joint problems. Lube All Plus was developed to enhance the effectiveness of Lube AllT for more difficult joint problems. It contains Hyaluronic Acid (HA), but also contains MSM for inflammation, and Glucosamine and Chondroitin to help replenish cells in the various tissues that make up the joint capsule. When Lube All Plus is used to help support joints, the results are simply amazing.
Many horse and dog owners, trainers and breeders use Lube All Plus as a necessary part of their animal's health care. It has been used all over the world by owners of champion animals. Lube All PlusT comes in 16 oz and 64 oz sizes.
Watch this video to see this product's effectiveness for yourself!
Contact us for more information on Lube All Plus Horse and Dog Supplement.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

124. During the relevant period, the Club caused the following substances to be administered to players at the Club: (a) Actovegin; (b) unspecified amino acids (c) unspecified multi-vitamins; (d) AOD-9604 creams; (e) AOD-9604 injections; (f) Cerebrolysin; (g) Colostrum; ME_107794419_1 (W2007) 25 (h) REDACTED; (i) Lactaway; (j) Lube-all-plus; (k) Melatonin; (l) Melanotan II; (m) TA-65; (n) Thymosin Beta 4; (o) Traumeel; and (p) Tribulus.

Very possible, if he had never been on a proper diet or done weights, mix in some Dank fairy dust, and it can happen.

Plenty of guys bulk up this fast in gym, but for footballers they usually lose it once the season proper starts and they are not able to maintain it.

All you have to do is go look at the tape of how much bigger all the Essendon players were. It was not just Hal.

yeah, not ten kilos. That's absurd. If your program includes any type of running, it won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, not ten kilos. That's absurd. If your program includes any type of running, it won't happen.
The Dockers yearbook at the below link shows how Medhurst and Simmonds put on 7.3kgs in a 17-week preseason.

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/Fremantle/Files/FD16a FFCDN0104-REV.pdf

Essendon used banned supplements, had a different training schedule which resulted in big gains across the list, and had a longer time frame than 17 weeks (Hunter merely defines the year).

Also note that Hunter said "about" 10 kgs. Either because it's an off the cuff comment or they had no intent to drill into specifics for the purposes of the article.

I'd assume he'd have some medical documents to support the claim.

I would imagine EFC would have weekly weigh ins for all listed players, I am sure they would have those records and would make them freely available to any player who wanted them!

The Dockers yearbook at the below link shows how Medhurst and Simmonds put on 7.3kgs in a 17-week preseason.

Not quite ten, but I'd like to see his numbers once the season started. That is hard to maintain. Especially over a year.

Sorry fellas, not buying it.

That's your answer?
Do you think they would have weighed the player regular?
If he is lying, i am sure they would know.

cbf rabbit-warrening today m80

Remove this Banner Ad

Back