Media Swamprat Star Quits

Remove this Banner Ad

... being inactive!

Cousins_Richmond_finger_wid.jpg

Noobz0r tells the haters and the non-believers what he thinks of them

A former star flickers sadly. A shell of the poster he once was, and once could have been. In easily the greatest draft class ever seen, Season 16, Noobz0r slowly but surely flourished. Whilst not the equal of his contemporaries The Filth Wizard, Marlowe, Danx16 and Footypie32, Noobz0r found his feet in the league and became a key cog in the Swamprats and wider SFA machine.

He was touted as a future champion, and was predictably handed the Swamprats captaincy going into the Season 19 season after being named in the All-SFA side. Such was his promise that he was lured by the sweet, dulcet tones of Gee Dub and The Filth Wizard in joining the Dragons coup of December '14. His was the biggest name on the list of recruits that day, the drawcard of the biggest thread in SFA history. His deception brought a club to it's knees and had many saying the Swamprats should fold. His promise? A new Noobz0r; angry and combative.

And at first, he was. He featured heavily in Season 19, posting a swathe throughout media and match threads alike. But like so many bright stars, he slowly faded. Faded into the recesses of the mind, such as all those before him. Joining the Rhys Palmer's, Neil Patrick Harris', and Julie Goodwin's of this world. And just like Palmer at GWS, Patrick-Harris in Gone Girl, and Julie Goodwin in the CWA annual release, Noobz0r kept trying. He was still dominating Werewolf, he moved back to the Rats to maintain relevance, and he had a shortlived but popular thread in the SFA Cartoon Show. He was there in body, but he wasn't there in spirit.

But he still wasn't the old Noobz0r, the one that had become a mainstay of the SFA. He had lost his mojo.

But good news is afoot, SFA. He is returning. He is refreshed. His mojo is back. And he has a list of promises.

1. He will release an episode of the SFA cartoon show at least once a fortnight. It's a great idea, he's a great writer. The league needs it.
2. He will make at least 10 quality posts per match thread this season. Quality posts being those that actively contribute to the thread and get other posters involved. He will be above spamming.
3. He will hold a key position within the Swamprats 20 by the end of the season. Those being FF, CHF, Ruck, Ruck Rover, Rover, Centre or a Wing. This isn't a brag nor an ultimatum. The Rats have a seriously quality list and he has his work cut out to prove himself worthy of such a position.
4. He will be All-SFA for Season 22.

It is understood that Noobz0r and his thread will have detractors. He himself has gone on record and said he fully expects people to respond with "who?", "yawn", "TL;DR", "hey! that's the father of my child!" "where's my alimony!?" and many other sad little retorts. He wants to make it clear that these are the works of inferior peasants who have never written decent media in their lives.

Bring it on. Noobz0r has returned. The Ben Cousins of the SFA.

Sweet mother of <Omnipotent Being>, Noobz0r - I will hold you to each and everyone of those promises...

It's the least I can do after you left me at the altar!

You can do better than stay at that train wreck though, surely.
Pssst Matty, your fear is showing.

More one sentence replies, more peasants not worthy of shining my shoes. I remember when this league had substance.

Loosest definition of star I've ever seen
Tricky Dixon once said last season "the demons have too many stars in their line up to lose". Now that is the loosest definition of 'star' I have ever seen.

Tricky Dixon once said last season "the demons have too many stars in their line up to lose". Now that is the loosest definition of 'star' I have ever seen.
I zone out every time Tricky Dixon speaks. Unless he's boosting my personal ego.

More one sentence replies, more peasants not worthy of shining my shoes. I remember when this league had substance.

Not much substance to Cloud_

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent thread but I'm not feeling the buzzfeed clickbait headline

If someone threatens to quit in the title, I want to see bridges burned, I want to see club captains frantically changing their plans.

If someone threatens to quit in the title, I want to see bridges burned, I want to see club captains frantically changing their plans.

Been there, done that. Ask spookism, he still hasn't forgiven me.

The day has come! The resurrection is upon us!

I joined the SFA to play alongside the legend that is Noobz0r. The day he left the Swamprats, a part of me died.
Now he's back! Glory be.

You're one of the good blokes of the SFA. I'd rather play with you than against you. (Also, the swampies are gutless flogs).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back