2nds Swans Reserves 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Here lies the problem.
Team lists are fast moving & if a player has some trade value then we will be aggressive in moving them on to get cap relief, points etc in order to allow us to get something we want for a position we need to strengthen & we back our ability to teach a player their roles in our system.

Aliir has gone backwards so in our system he becomes a liability if he doesn't improve so he needs to quickly if he wants to command the money he & his manager are demanding for their next contract. Hence we may be prepared to move him on if he hasn't been approached already by another club.
He'll be one of those players that will be better for someone else like Tom Mitchell.
Trade to collingwood?

Watching the game on Youtube he seemed constantly out of position and at times leaving the pressure to someone else to do.
Your comment here and what u said before makes sense now

True enough but I was also a bit at odds at the comments as he was trying to cover multiple players at times and try and catch them out a bit going the other way. He bodied well to take some strong marks which was encouraging but he just isn’t playing the team game being asked of him.

Felt like they are frustrated and judging him on a higher level to most out on the ground. I imagine that the directive is to get him senior footy ready and Laidler is trying to get him there but trying to get him to fall in with the team ethos. Probably taking away from the flair he was allowed to play with which can be a liability to the structure they play with. It’s a sad state of affairs as he will probably be lost to the Swans but it seems that the discipline required to make it at the Swans is non negotiable.

Robinson was a clear stand out in his commitment to the game and the team.

True enough but I was also a bit at odds at the comments as he was trying to cover multiple players at times and try and catch them out a bit going the other way. He bodied well to take some strong marks which was encouraging but he just isn’t playing the team game being asked of him.

Felt like they are frustrated and judging him on a higher level to most out on the ground. I imagine that the directive is to get him senior footy ready and Laidler is trying to get him there but trying to get him to fall in with the team ethos. Probably taking away from the flair he was allowed to play with which can be a liability to the structure they play with. It’s a sad state of affairs as he will probably be lost to the Swans but it seems that the discipline required to make it at the Swans is non negotiable.

Robinson was a clear stand out in his commitment to the game and the team.

AA doesnt look confident like he was back in 2016. He was exciting to watch back then with his run and carry and taking the opposition on. Looks like they are trying him allover the ground to kick start him or give him an opportunity

I thought Robinson was excellent. I like Amartey too

AA doesnt look confident like he was back in 2016. He was exciting to watch back then with his run and carry and taking the opposition on. Looks like they are trying him allover the ground to kick start him or give him an opportunity

I thought Robinson was excellent. I like Amartey too
He doesn't have any urgency for the team.
That is just from watching a few games on the stream.
You guys that watch live would have a superior understanding of his efforts than I would just watching on the stream.

They don't need him.
I think Freo would be the best fit because Johnson is nearly done.
Unless Aliir suddenly starts knocking the door down & I mean REALLY knocking the door down like Newman is week after week.

Newman is okay, but he looks a pace too slow at times

This is why he needs to nail his kicking because when he does it makes him look 'quick'.

Yeh, he lacks that touch of pace that Malceski had. Malceski wasn't lightning quick but he was long and rangy and had just enough pace to beat the first tackler to get onto his left.

I like Newman and would be happy with him in the side but he doesn't have that extra step. Still, he comes across to me like a a smart and pretty mentally resilient guy and I think he can make a decent career for himself in senior football, just might not be with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually preferred the old clash strip with the red V.

That's my dream clash jumper or for one Melbourne game per year for the South fans.

Edit actually are you talking about the one with more white at the top but still opera house? As I don't remember the red v used for clash games and only for heritage matches.

Always appreciate your insights into the reserves players. I don't get the chance to watch the games myself. Very odd if they're playing Ling in fwd pocket unless he's there to learn rebounding running patterns, I'm hoping they didn't think Ling would make a better fwd than Higgins...
I think its that most of our debuts our to people asked to play a pressure forward position. The defenders etc seem to have a longer apprecenticeship so it will be about getting him used to the role he will be blooded in, before learning the role he is long term expected to play.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh, he lacks that touch of pace that Malceski had. Malceski wasn't lightning quick but he was long and rangy and had just enough pace to beat the first tackler to get onto his left.

I like Newman and would be happy with him in the side but he doesn't have that extra step. Still, he comes across to me like a a smart and pretty mentally resilient guy and I think he can make a decent career for himself in senior football, just might not be with us.
Kind of get the feeling he would look good & play senior footy every week trying to hit up Membrey.

Then yep that's the one I want to see worn as a clash or once a year jumper. With a red collar to boot
Bloody oath!

I have that club champions guernsey. Never wear it (going to get it framed at some point) but reckon it's a ripper.

Brisbane v Sydney

9: Nic Newman (Sydney)
7: Tom Bell (Brisbane)
5: Robbie Fox (Sydney)
5: Dan Robinson (Sydney)
2: Connor Ballenden (Brisbane)
1: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)
1: Ben Keays (Brisbane)

All-time Swans listed players NEAFL appearances

*Includes games when the following players were topups -
  • 2011 - Brandon Jack, Jack Lynch, Daniel Robinson
  • 2012 - Brandon Jack, Sam Naismith, Dane Rampe, Daniel Robinson