Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

David King brings the stats and unabashed enthusiasm for the Swans.
He predicts we will eclipse our biggest winning margin at the G this century (68 points).

"I'm going for the Swans to get hold of Richmond."

[The video is embedded in the page, you have to scroll way down]

No ******* pressure, Kingy

29MAR24: Swans Daily Media New
Last edited by a moderator:
What a ridiculous article! Aside from RoCo they should stick to cricket.
If you scroll down, theres a podcast you can click on.. AFL: Swans Leading the new....

9:30 theres Swans chat - A few interesting stat comparisons over the last 3 seasons
31mins (approx) theres chat about Heeney - This year, as a fwd, hes the highest rated player in the comp by a loooong way
(Warning - theres a lot of Collingwood chat inbetween)
Theres other interesting bits to the podcast too.
Stats compared - kicking efficiency, meters gained, contest, defence etc
This year teams with the better kicking efficiency are winning 91% of games

If you scroll down, theres a podcast you can click on.. AFL: Swans Leading the new....

9:30 theres Swans chat - A few interesting stat comparisons over the last 3 seasons
31mins (approx) theres chat about Heeney - This year, as a fwd, hes the highest rated player in the comp by a loooong way
Our kicking efficiency is ridiculously good so far this year. Roberts is sitting on something like 90% as an example.

It wasn’t his comments re us but insulting and know it all tone. Just click bait.

If I was cursed with being a Tiger fan I’d be dumping a truckload of manure on his doorstep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy references galore...

Damo still :heart: us

not having the option of being "buddy-centric" has to be a big plus across the board
the forwards themselves know they're more likely to be a target, and the midfield and attacking runners must have confidence in knowing they have more options, rather than that subconscious "expectation" that they need to be looking for franklin
i think we're seeing that in a lot of the switching and changing direction of our attacks ... seeing gulden, heeney, warner, mcinerney, blakey et al charging forward knowing they really do have targets all over the forward 50

Our kicking efficiency is ridiculously good so far this year. Roberts is sitting on something like 90% as an example.
A joy to watch
Campbell, Gulden, JMac, Heeney, Warner, Blakey, Roberts (a pleasant surprise), Rampe, Paps, Florent, Lloyd, Melican (another pleasant surprise - geez I hope he stays fit).. and everyone else is kicking well (of course theres the odd shank, but best not to think about that)

It is, but a lot of that is off our running efficiency. As soon as we win the ball, all the players run to the spots to be dangerous, and different spots, spreading the opposition. When the opposition wins the ball, they run to (try to) shut down the opponent's ball movement. We have a couple of players who can thread a needle, but most of the kicking efficiency comes from not just having an option in space, but from having lots of options in space.

Whenever the Swans look off their game (and this is not based on this year, but over the seasons), you can see they are just not running. And to be fair, that's probably not specific to the Swans. It likely applies to most sides. But we have our running down to an elite - purposefully elite - level in the early stages of this season.

It is, but a lot of that is off our running efficiency. As soon as we win the ball, all the players run to the spots to be dangerous, and different spots, spreading the opposition. When the opposition wins the ball, they run to (try to) shut down the opponent's ball movement. We have a couple of players who can thread a needle, but most of the kicking efficiency comes from not just having an option in space, but from having lots of options in space.

Whenever the Swans look off their game (and this is not based on this year, but over the seasons), you can see they are just not running. And to be fair, that's probably not specific to the Swans. It likely applies to most sides. But we have our running down to an elite - purposefully elite - level in the early stages of this season.
Spot on liz . One risk for us as the season rolls on is if we drop off our fitness work and are unable to get into space or close down the oppo.

SMH had read the BigFooty player thread as part of its research.

Despite little obvious productivity he was given a three-year contract extension midway through last season.

“That was unbelievable,” Amartey said, taken by the faith the Swans have shown in him. “I’d been on one-year contracts.”

SMH had read the BigFooty player thread as part of its research.

Despite little obvious productivity he was given a three-year contract extension midway through last season.

“That was unbelievable,” Amartey said, taken by the faith the Swans have shown in him. “I’d been on one-year contracts.”
Hhhmmmm.

Amartey gets a contract.
McClean gets a contract.
McDonald gets an allegedly 'lowball' offer and is now "enjoying my footy here"!!!!!
I think we know McDonald is out the door. We just won't be able to get close as there are other clubs with millions left in their cap in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Hhhmmmm.

Amartey gets a contract.
McClean gets a contract.
McDonald gets an allegedly 'lowball' offer and is now "enjoying my footy here"!!!!!
I think we know McDonald is out the door. We just won't be able to get close as there are other clubs with millions left in their cap in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy references galore...

Excellent use of stats to illuminate a trend. The two stats that stick out:
  • The Swans' higher scoring this year come almost entirely from turnover.
  • Buddy played just over half the season last year but was targeted a third more than the next highest player (Logan). This year it's McLean and Logan, with Hayward, Heeney, Papley a little behind.

So we've really upped our pressure and we've got a huge number of forward targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back