Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a good idea! I'll see what I can do with that. Which platforms do you suggest?

Well, I can't promise it will be eight things every week but I will try!

Here's your 9th.

And some things never change. Once again the AFL mainstream media has dug deep into their highly treasured and inate anti Swans bias and managed to convince themselves that Collingwood had no opponent on the weekend.... a game they managed to lose and heavily too. That should be newsworthy in itself, but a collective nothing to see here has once again confirmed who's really on top of their game this season.

20MAR24: Swans Daily Media New
Parker & Adams still not mentioned as a likely in

Thanks for nothing Fox. Great headline

Last edited:

Geez that headline is shithouse.

20MAR24: Ollie Florent New

FLORENT KEEN TO STAY WITH SWANS

Sydney dasher Ollie Florent wants to remain at the club, but is no closer to a new deal as the Swans sort through a long list of priority signings.

Florent, Will Hayward, Robbie Fox and Lewis Melican are free agents, while Errol Gulden and Logan McDonald are out of contract and both likely to attract million-dollar offers.

McDonald was again non-committal on his future when asked on Fox Footy on Friday, saying his manager would take care of his contract.

Sydney football boss Leon Cameron and Melbourne-based Charlie Gardiner are working through those deals and believe all players want to stay. All will have rival interest and, with Sydney making such a hot start to the season, it can only drive the price of those players up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Why would you expect them to be?

At the end of this article, it talks about the Swans recruiting and list management set up.
Interesting read after Dalrymple has departed. Keane was chased by West Coast and Pyke but has chosen to stay and is being 'groomed by Beatson as part of a succession plan.. McVeigh going in the drafting side of things (as well as assistant coaching) after his success in coaching the Allies last year

Firstly... how good is Heeney!
secondly... listening to Hoyne talk about the importance of scoring / exploding from the back half is interesting. Do we all remember complaining about Beatson drafting another half back flanker? Seems he and the Swans recognised the importance of that position in attack earlier than Big Footy - who would've thought??

secondly... listening to Hoyne talk about the importance of scoring / exploding from the back half is interesting. Do we all remember complaining about Beatson drafting another half back flanker? Seems he and the Swans recognised the importance of that position in attack earlier than Big Footy - who would've thought??
Hoyne is a half back flanker

I don't think this is anything new. Go back two decades and you will find Roos anointing Kennelly as our most important (not best, but most important) player.

In fairness, a lot of the run of the attack we are getting from half back and through the midfield is coming from Academy players.

And we have been exposed pretty often for not having enough contested ball winners.

Hoyne is a half back flanker
So what?
I don't think this is anything new. Go back two decades and you will find Roos anointing Kennelly as our most important (not best, but most important) player.
Ive never seen the Swans move the ball from half back the way are now.
ps.. Kennelly was a fav player when I was a kid
In fairness, a lot of the run of the attack we are getting from half back and through the midfield is coming from Academy players.

And we have been exposed pretty often for not having enough contested ball winners.
Academy players still get drafted... as did Florent, JMac, Roberts, Lloyd

Well.. Im pretty happy that Beatson drafted players with elite running abilities and who are good kicks. Im also pretty happy with how Horse and the coaches have developed these players and the game plan.. Im also loving watching the Swans players like Blakey, Jmac, Florent Rampe, etc etc rebound off half back through the corridor to an open forward line. pretty dam entertaining

Last edited:
And here is the full interview with Errol on 3AW on Monday

I genuinely believe Gulden will elevate himself to Bob Skilton levels by the end of his career. Probably snag a couple of Brownlows. Hes already been robbed of one. I think he's currently our best player and will most likely remain so for a while. I honestly can't remember a player at the swans I've been more mesmerized by. Probably Lockett? Makes me excited to watch the swans every week like I'm 10 years old again.

If he somehow leaves because of contract, it would be a tragedy.

I genuinely believe Gulden will elevate himself to Bob Skilton levels by the end of his career. Probably snag a couple of Brownlows. Hes already been robbed of one. I think he's currently our best player and will most likely remain so for a while. I honestly can't remember a player at the swans I've been more mesmerized by. Probably Lockett? Makes me excited to watch the swans every week like I'm 10 years old again.

If he somehow leaves because of contract, it would be a tragedy.
This comment earns a very rare "phwoaar"

Because that is a massive call. Don't repeat it around my granddad or he'd want you charged for it! He reckons Skilton's the best he's ever seen and he saw all the greats - Barassi, Matthews, etc. One of his favourite sayings is, "But he's not Bob Skilton."

"I can't believe we let George Hewett go, he's such a good player."
"But he's not Bob Skilton."

"Geez did you see Heeney's game the other night?"
"Pretty good, but he's not Bob Skilton."

"Aren't you glad your mob's got Harley Reid pops?"
"Why? He's not Bob Skilton!"

If it wasn't so flattering towards one of our own, it would be ****ing annoying LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back